Any disadvantage to banking early?

RN jld

Mouseketeer
I have a contract for 160 points with a June use year that came with 90 unused points from past year. We have 2 trips booked one for early November and one for March. Is there any disadvantage to banking the 60 odd points left from my 2021 use year now rather than waiting closer to the deadline. Not planning on adding another trip before next June but if we did it would be a short one in a studio. LTIA

No significant disadvantage, but banking is something you cannot reverse once it's done. That being said, if by chance you decided to do another trip in this UY, you probably can still borrow points from next year. Unless you are 100% certain you don't think you'll need those points in 2021, why not put an alert on your calendar 2-4 weeks before you're supposed to bank and do it then?

The only disadvantage is it is a non reversible transaction. If you did bank early and decided you wanted a last minute trip... Say this Dec you wanted to book a trip for May of 21, you only option would be to borrow from 2022, another non reversible transaction. There are two "advantages" to banking early. First, you don't forget. Not really an "advantage", but a risk avoidance. The second is more of a necessity. Say you had a big trip planned for June of 22. You could book that at your home resort now (at 10 months). You could bank your 2021 points now, and use them to book a trip in the 2022 "points year". I usually wait to 5-6 months, unless I am using them to book a trip in the next "points year".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter