Any 'Cars' themes at the parks?

kellia

DIS Veteran
My sons love the movie Cars! Is there anything at the parks yet from that movie?

Thanks!

MGM has Lightining McQueen and Mater for meet and greets. I forget the street name, but back my Lights, Camera, Action set. Check daily guide for times.

There is a great photo op at the end of the MGM Animation attraction. They have a sort of life-sized Cars Lightning McQueen and maybe a few other cars (I think...it has been a few months) at the end of the ride...it's the kind of do-it-yourself area. It is lit up really well and perfect for getting pictures of your kids right next to the Cars. It looks great!

Mater and Lightning are at MGM but be preapred that it was hard to get to them. Since they are cars in the literal and figurative sense, it is hard to form lines. It was very hard to get close because it was like a mob scene. They are incredible looking when you get close though!

We saw them a few weeks ago, and right at MGM opening (at 9 that day) they came out right by Sounds Dangerous. We were one of the only guests going that way (away from ToT and toward Star Tours) and had them to ourselves for about 10 minutes. I don't know how often they're there, but something to consider. This was from about 9-9:20 am.

They also sold CARS stuff in the stores in MGM, and I saw CARS balloons everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter