Any annual pas holders out there with some info??

lovin'Mickey

Like Mary Poppins I too am practically perfect in
I am considering doing the annual passes next May. I was looking for some advice on these tickets. We like to go every year at least once. ( or hoping to start that...lol 2 times already!!) I am looking at staying in a resort for 10 nights 9 of which I will be in the parks. The cost between doing a package and doing room and tickets seperate is about $919. So I know the following year I would have to plan my trip earlier then May to use my AP. Does Disney offer AP room discounts early in advance? Do I need to have my pass for booking or can i get it there? Has this saved you money in your exp.? Any advice on this would be great!!! thanks

Yes, you can get room only discounts using your AP. Disney just introduced their Best Rate program for annual passholders where you can book your vacation at least 120 days in advance and get discounted room rates. Check the resort/codes and rates boards for more info.

When booking an Ap rate do I need to already have my AP......can I book a room further out than 120 days and then have the rate applied if it comes out?

Just a warning...APs never save us money. We always end up taking an extra trip afterall the tickets are already paid for! :rolleyes1

Our APs have saved us a ton of money. There are discount rates, including the best rate program (which is only for a limited time right now), but you can't count on them. They are a bonus. You can always apply a new discount code to an existing ressie. You do not need to have an activated pass to book a discount code (unless the best rate program, I think), but you do to check in. You can purchase your pass in advance or at Disney--Do wait until check in day of your first trip to activate it. You can do that at guest services outside any of the parks or at DTD (easiest & fastest). I think there may be a couple of other places that you can purchase an activated pass, but do it day one of your trip.

There is also the DDE card, which saved us over $350 after we "made back" the original investment this past trip (the cost of the AP). Not to mention 10% at some of the shops.

We go once a year. We do have to schedule the second trip earlier, but that might mean the first week of October year one, the last week of September year two. Not a big deal. We always get 18-22 days per year at the parks.

shelly3girls said:
Just a warning...APs never save us money. We always end up taking an extra trip afterall the tickets are already paid for! :rolleyes1

Us too. Bought them to save money and ended up spending more money in WDW this past year then I ever thought that I would ever spend :earseek: Am I complaining... NO. Would I change a thing.... NO. :cloud9: :goodvibes

APs are supposed to save you money? :confused3
We just reserved our 4th trip of the year. Originally we bought them for our anniversary in January, and then our annual May trip. pirate:

Our AP's have saved us money for things like on site hotels but there are also disadvantages. If you are an AP'er you can't do the Disney Dining Plan and get the AP discount on your hotel room. Its one or the other. The AP discounts are ok but not fabulous. I don't know about other AP'ers but our AP's are nothing but paper tickets. We are leaving for WDW tomorrow and are taking an exchange student from France for her first time. We went to The Disney Store to purchase her ticket in advance and her ticket is actually a nice plastic card. I think it is ridiculous that people who pay for 4 day pass can get a nice plastic ticket when the people who pay extra for the 365 day AP get a flimsy piece of paper. Enough of my complaints. I love being a passholder but I think we should have more priveleges.

I bought AP's for our upcoming trip in October. I figured we would go again next October and have the AP's. Of course, we now have a March 2006 and a June 2006 trip planned and if I can get cheap enough airfare, I may even do a December long weekend trip...... :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

So much for saving money....... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter