Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

Just got done watching 'Anvil: The Story of Anvil' on DVD. Such a great documentary! I think it really hits home on what the metal culture is all about.

I'd write more, but I've been getting ready for my trip all day and I'm beat to heck. By tomorrow afternoon, I'll be drinking some beers and cranking some metal at Ft Wilderness! For now, I need to get some sleep.

UGH- I am SO jealous!!!! Have fun!!

I was just talking to DH tonight about next year's Oct trip- we will probably be going to Universal's Horror Nights!:woohoo:

WTH!!!!!!!???? Yes- you did say you were having surgery etc- but Nik-OMG STILL in the hospital!? Did you expect to be there this long? Is this normal? OK- nothing is normal about what you are going through or what happened :hug:

Do you have any idea when you can go home? I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. :hug:

I am sending positive thoughts your way! I hope you have your iPod with you to keep you half way sane ;)

My SIL, the one who had the botched hyster surgery about 2 months ago (I think I may have told you....) still can't pee on her own! She has to cath herself and who knows, she may have to do that for the rest of her life b/c a doc screwed up and sliced up her bladder and the tubes that lead from her kidneys to her bladder! :sad2: Actually she is going into surgery today to have the stents they put in the "tubes" removed. Hopefully things will function better after this.:sad2:

eh- I don't know what set me off- I guess just one too many comments. Like you said- I feel like an outcast (not that that bothers me- it pisses me off more than anything) My DH tolerates the music- and he does go to all of my concerts and enjoys himself- but he does not have a LUV for it. I am pretty much a loner, I get excited about things all on my own. :laughing:Heck- when other people listen to THEIR music- I keep my mouth shut. (OK secretly I am saying WT%$$?:laughing:, but I keep it to myself b/c I know I hate when people do that to me) Why can't people do the same with us?

ACK! Whatever- honestly I feel "special" (in a good way :rotfl2:) that I am who I am, and not just part of the herd.:wizard:

Take care Nik! If you can, keep me up to date. :lovestruc
Well, if you count all of the surgeries I have had done for this, I think I'm up to 11 total right now. I'm still here in my hospital bed, not allowed to get up except to go to the bathroom. I'm supposed to get this tube out tomorrow. If I don't have any cerebrospinal fluid leaking out after they take the tube out, I'm going home. If it starts leaking again, I'm having yet another surgery. Keep your fingers crossed. I just want to go home, sleep in my own bed, and not have people waking me up every 15 minutes. And it would be nice to...well...ya know...:banana:. I'm going through some major withdrawal there. Haven't gone this long without it since I started.:lmao: Oh, and I have no Ipod. Just have this crappy wireless internet access. Can't even get on YouTube to listen to anything cause they have it all blocked.

I had no idea your sister was going through all that. I certainly hope she's going to do something to get some kind of compensation from that doctor. I'm not normally one to say sue, but my god, the woman can't even pee! That doctor shouldn't even be practicing. I really hope all goes well for her.

I can usually say that I'm proud to be an outcast, if that's what people want to call me. I just prefer to not be a follower. Don't let it get ya down. There are lots of us that are the same way. As the saying goes...it is what it is. Don't let anybody change you, cause I think you're pretty damn cool. Screw everybody else. They're the weirdos, as far as I'm concerned anyway. I think that the reason people say things about us behind our backs is because we are intimidating to them. At least, that's what I like to believe.
:lmao: Nik- just one more question..... I did not notice this before, but does your ticker say 8 years until your next trip??:3dglasses
:lmao: yeah. I have some friends that got me to sign up for that Sunshine Rewards program. I did some surveys and made some money from it, but I just can't stick to it. I figured if I wanted to make enough money for it to pay for a trip, that's how long it would take. I'm afraid it will take even longer, since I never do anything with it. I was just being a weirdo when I made that ticker. I'm not good at making signatures, so a ticker is my only option. God, I'm babbling again. It's cause I just got shot up with fentanyl. Drugs make me babble.;)
I doubt any Country head has ever carved Toby Keith's name into their forearm LOL
This literally made me laugh out loud. I can just imagine it.:rotfl:
No offense but you sound like a Mortician album cover come to life :lmao:

Seriously I hope that you recover sooner than later so you can get back to what is important head banging to Metal!!!
:lmao: Yep, I'm hacked up for barbeque!

Thank you so much. I don't know that I will ever be able to headbang again. I mean, I watch those guys who just swing their hair around in circles and just looking at them makes my head hurt. But I am itching to go to a concert. I can't wait for something good to come withing driving distance.
I started liking KISS :-)rotfl2:)
Hey now, no laughing. I'm going to see them in December. I still like them. They are the reason for the obsession with the other stuff.
when I was 11. That is when I went to my first concert. (showing my age, but I think that was in '77:rolleyes1)
I was born in '77!:rolleyes1
The kids in my school always made comments. Thank goodness I had my 2 cousins right next door to me and we all enjoyed our music together-
Kids can be such jerks sometimes. I don't ever remember anyone saying anything to me about the music I liked, probably because I was a little Amazon woman when I was a kid and a lot of the kids were afraid of me. Anyway, I hope my kids never have to deal with that from other little monsters. I'm trying to raise my kids to be able to make their own decisions and not just do what everyone else does. A lot of the kids you see today really are monsters anyway. I'm so glad I didn't become a teacher, like I was going to. Other people's kids get on my nerves.
And b/c of my age- people are shocked to find out this is the music I luv. My friends still make comments- "are you STILL listening to that?" Or, "Are you going to be listening to that when you are in your 60s and 70s!?"
Madd, that's total BS that people even feel the need to make those comments. I don't know why people think it's their place to tell another person what they should or should not choose to listen to. Who cares how old you are, or if you're a woman, or if you're black, white, old, young, whatever. Why do some people feel that it's necessary to tell another person how they should or should not behave? Grr...makes my drugged up butt mad.

Honestly- I will have to say I would not be into the music I am into today if it were not for Sattelite radio. I was into old skool metal, Slayer, Testament, Exodus etc. but- when I got Sirius years ago, I found that Octane (or whatever they call it now) was way too tame and lame for me- I needed to step it up a notch. I flipped on Hard Attack (which is now Liquid Metal) and I was turned on to so many other bands that I never listened to and began to appreciate the good stuff- Like- Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Dimmu, Lamb of God- I feel like I found my music "nitch". ITA with you that they do play some crap in between, but I now find myself listening to my CDs of these bands and I do not need the radio that much anymore- but sometimes I flip it on just to listen and I am glad I do, b/c I like to find new bands, even if I have to hear some crap in between- it is a sacrifice that I am willing to take:rotfl2: But I think Sattelite pointed me in the direction I really wanted to go.
I love me some Sirius. Although I think it was stupid of them to change 27 from Hard Attack to Liquid Metal. I think Liquid Metal is a stupid name.:snooty:

Just got done watching 'Anvil: The Story of Anvil' on DVD. Such a great documentary! I think it really hits home on what the metal culture is all about.

I'd write more, but I've been getting ready for my trip all day and I'm beat to heck. By tomorrow afternoon, I'll be drinking some beers and cranking some metal at Ft Wilderness! For now, I need to get some sleep.

Tat2ddisneymom ... I hope you are doing better and wish you a speedy recovery!
I REALLY want to see that Anvil movie! I was one of the few people who was into them when they actually were touring with the bigger named bands. I can remember buying that album, "Strength of Steel" on cassette tape. I still laugh at the video for Mad Dog off that album and you just have to love songs like Concrete Jungle and 9 to 5. Even their most cheesy album was good.

I am so jealous! Have a great time on your vacation! Have an alcoholic beverage for me. It has been awhile. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm getting there.
I was just talking to DH tonight about next year's Oct trip- we will probably be going to Universal's Horror Nights!:woohoo:
I want to do this SO BAD! Halloween is the only holiday that I get really excited over, and I think I would love something like Horror Nights. Some of the pictures that I have seen from it are SO realistic looking. Looks like a lot of fun, and very different from Disney, which can be a good thing sometimes.

Okay, this is probably going to be a mega post...like I said, blame the IV medication. Stay metal, peeps. \m/

Moritician eh? Been to their live show before, great stuff.

I prefer BloodCraving, the wait while listening to the intro just makes it more better.

Nikki- I am certanly sending positive thoughts your way- I hope you get to go home soon:sad1:

You said Halloween is you favorite holiday- me too! I will share some pics of my house with you:hug:

My Vlad the Impaler shirt inspired this.......yes- I have a Vlad the Impaler shirt :thumbsup2
7434_1063598049301_1806505508_128912_7007188_n.jpg

7434_1063598089302_1806505508_128913_1356168_n.jpg

7434_1063960698367_1806505508_129906_3024965_n.jpg

9126_1061020584866_1806505508_124264_6386433_n.jpg

I made these for SILs pumpkin party-
9126_1061007464538_1806505508_124227_2221169_n.jpg

Of course, me, being from NJ....gotta have some Jersey Devil!
8916_1061834285208_1806505508_126164_1047736_n.jpg

and a friend of mine picked up this wine for me! Now THAT'S a friend
6934_1063534847721_1806505508_128847_8061731_n.jpg

Hi metal peeps! Just wanted to pass some news onto you all.

Slayer will be on Jimmy Kimmel Nov 4th.

I am having a weird feeling about this. I am feeling very possessive. They are MY Slayer and I do not want just regular, everyday, weird people to see them play!!! They are not worthy of seeing Slayer- they probably have no idea who Slayer is- I want them to turn the channel, or if they are in the audience, cover their eyes and put their fingers in their ears. :confused:

This is too mainstream for me....I can't handle it...............popcorn::

How ya feelin' Nik!!!!? Please tell me you are home now:hug:

I am having a weird feeling about this. I am feeling very possessive. They are MY Slayer and I do not want just regular, everyday, weird people to see them play!!! They are not worthy of seeing Slayer- they probably have no idea who Slayer is- I want them to turn the channel, or if they are in the audience, cover their eyes and put their fingers in their ears. :confused:

I couldn't agree with you more.......However, I have been hearing good things about the new Slayer album....and to quote Kerry King from his appearance on "That Metal Show" ..."Slayer doesn't have a Turbo" ...Refrencing the Judas Priest album....And I agree I mean Slayer is one of those bands that does not and has not compromised they have come close a few times "Diabalos in Musica" comes to mind but even that was true to form it was just a little soft comparatively speaking... I mean "God Hates us All" and "Christ Illusion" we pretty brutal (in a good way) both musically and lyrically so one can only assume that thier upcoming release will be the same....

Think about it this way Slayer will rip some skin off peoples faces on Nov 4.... I'd like to see them on this tour even though I have seen them live 11 times over the years I haven't seen them since 2001 during the "God Hates us All" tour....Don't worry about it Slayer will show the posers and mainstream losers what True Metal and true music for that matter sounds like on Nov 4th

Got back from WDW earlier in week, and it's taken me the better part of the week just to get back into the swing of things. I forgot how much a WDW trip takes out of you. With so many things to do there, I think I was slowly more beat up with each passing day. Don't get me wrong, it was a great vacation, but by Friday evening I was ready to pass out. During the great whirlwind of eating, drinking, and park hopping, there was always a few moments of clarity where I could just relax and take it all in.

I think one of my new hangouts is going to be the new tequila bar at the Mexico Pavillion. La Cava del Tequila is located in one of the former shops inside the temple. They did a great job decorating it. It has plenty of tables to sit at, a bar area, a few standing tables, and some really cool comfy couches around low seating areas. The margaritas are incredible. Musicwise, the speakers pump out a bunch of Spanish guitar tunes, so I was happy when I heard some Rodrigo y Gabriela songs. For those that have never heard them, RyG are a Spanish acoustic guitar duo, but Rodrigo comes from a metal background, so they have a more agrresive playing style. They have a killer cover of Metallica's 'Orion'. So as I was just digging into my 2nd spicy jalapeno magarita, over the speakers I hear the opening of an acoustic 'Orion'. It couldn't have timed much better, and as I sat back and smiled, my Mom happened to snap a pic. So here's my metal moment at Disney ... A tequila bar with a jalapeno margarita (notice the peppered red salt on the rim - not a trick of the camera), and some Orion in the background.

IMG_0151.jpg

I think the 'red eye' just makes it that much better!

I don't know how metal the next pic really is, but for some reason I always liked that weird Japanese DOMO character. I found this pint glass at the store in the Japanese pavillion

IMG_0004.jpg

In the pic, he's modelling a Stoudt's Lager, brewed in Adamstown, PA (near Lancaster).

Musicwise, the speakers pump out a bunch of Spanish guitar tunes, so I was happy when I heard some Rodrigo y Gabriela songs. For those that have never heard them, RyG are a Spanish acoustic guitar duo, but Rodrigo comes from a metal background, so they have a more agrresive playing style. They have a killer cover of Metallica's 'Orion'. So as I was just digging into my 2nd spicy jalapeno magarita, over the speakers I hear the opening of an acoustic 'Orion'.
My friend gave me their album, but I just can't get into it. They're talented, but to me they're kind of boring.
But what I can get into is the new Between the Buried and Me album. When I'm living in Orlando next year, I'll probably drive to St. Petersburg to see them with Cynic, Devin Townsend and Scale the Summit.
And speaking of that, does anybody know where most metal concerts in Orlando are held? I know there's : Club Firestone, The Social and the HOB, but does anybody know of any others?

Thanks for the heads up. I saw Mastodon on one of those shows last week (Jimmy Kimmel, maybe?), but I hate the song they played, so I turned it off and went to bed. I should have known they were going to play that one.

ETA: Yeah, I'm home. It will be two weeks tomorrow. I'm so ready to go back to work. I finally go tomorrow to get the stitches out. They've only been in there since September 18th. How are you feeling? I'm assuming you had your surgery and went to see Hatebreed/LOG?
My friend gave me their album, but I just can't get into it. They're talented, but to me they're kind of boring.
But what I can get into is the new Between the Buried and Me album. When I'm living in Orlando next year, I'll probably drive to St. Petersburg to see them with Cynic, Devin Townsend and Scale the Summit.
And speaking of that, does anybody know where most metal concerts in Orlando are held? I know there's : Club Firestone, The Social and the HOB, but does anybody know of any others?

Don't you have to travel closer to Tampa for anything decent? They used to get some decent stuff at the HOB, but didn't Disney put an end to most of that?

Brocktoon, nice pics. I guess that's as metal as you get in Disney World.

. Musicwise, the speakers pump out a bunch of Spanish guitar tunes, so I was happy when I heard some Rodrigo y Gabriela songs.

They're quite good. Love their style and sound.

My DH went to GWAR/ Lamb of God a few weeks ago. It was, I believe, his 4th time seeing GWAR but his first time seeing LoG. I was afraid that he was never going to get the green and red stains out off of his skin. His clothes, I'm afraid, will never be the same. They will forever be Christmas colored in the style of GWAR, lol. LoG played a cover of a band from Minneappolis (I'm pretty sure the Dis censors wouldn't appreciate their names, but it ends with Blast) that's lead singer was in a coma. My DH's band had played with that band on a few occassions. He ended up passing away the next day.

Heyyyyyyy everyone!

Brock- nice to "see" you!!!! You are right, mom captured the look of joy on your face in that pic! Glad to hear you had a great time.

Nik- good luck today getting your stitches out. I hope you do not have to go back any time soon!!!:hug: Maybe this will be the last time:wizard:

Yeah- got my surgery last Monday- I was home on Tuesday and the doc said I could have started driving yesterday- things are going very well. No stitches to take out, they will just dissolve. The incision was small- about the size of the one when I had my appendix out- everyone was surprised. Even the nurses. Maybe b/c I am a tiny chica. He liked that, he said he is not used to doing surgery on skinny people:lmao:

We went to LOG on the 23rd. Weird, Jamey Jasta was late! The first band kept playing which was odd- then Hatebreed came out and there was someone else singing??! People started booing and someone threw something:eek: one of the guys in the band yelled at the crowd. Anyway- after about 10 minutes Jamey showed up and kept apologizing. They were good- LOG was good, but you know what??? My heart was not in it knowing that my guys Type O Negative were only an hour away in Philly playing and I chose to see LOG that night instead of them :guilty: It really hit me hard. I will never chose another band over them again.:sad2:

But what I can get into is the new Between the Buried and Me album

There have been a ton of prog CDs that have come out in the last few months, so I probably won't dig into the new BTBAM until the Hoilidays. But, I did get a chance to listen to some of it at a Halloween party over the weekend. It's tough to get a good read on it with only a listen during a party, but I think I like what I heard. I don't know if it's better than Colors, but it's definately in the progressive style of Colors which I like. From what I heard, it was enough to convince me to purchase a copy in the coming weeks.

Brocktoon, nice pics. I guess that's as metal as you get in Disney World.

Yep, pretty much in WDW ... that's probably as metal as you may get :rotfl2: On arrival day, we did grill some fresh cut steaks, and I was crankin' some XM/SIRIUS Liquid Metal while grilling flesh. But you should have seen the looks I was getting :sad2: So I had to switch over to 'The Boneyard' which is classic metal and hard classic rock instead.

I also wore my Mastodon 'Leviathan' T-shirt to the Magic Kingdom and got a few metal horns from other park goers, but that's about it.

There have been a ton of prog CDs that have come out in the last few months, so I probably won't dig into the new BTBAM until the Hoilidays. But, I did get a chance to listen to some of it at a Halloween party over the weekend. It's tough to get a good read on it with only a listen during a party, but I think I like what I heard. I don't know if it's better than Colors, but it's definately in the progressive style of Colors which I like. From what I heard, it was enough to convince me to purchase a copy in the coming weeks.
It's really good, but I don't think it's better than Colors. I think it's more prog than Colors though, so you might like that. They have one song that sounds just like Pink Floyd. I played it for my mom and asked her who it sounded like, and she said Pink Floyd.

Happy Holidays y'all! Hope all is good with you! \m/

and just a Woooooo whoooo! Got my tix for the "American Carnage" tour! today. Slayer, Megadeth and Testament!!! Feb 13th! I can feel the love in the air.

♥ Happy Valentines day to ME >; }

Congrats! I want to go to that too!

I can't believe tomorrow will be five years since Dime's death. Hope y'all will blast Pantera and Damageplan for him!

Happy Holidays y'all! Hope all is good with you! \m/

and just a Woooooo whoooo! Got my tix for the "American Carnage" tour! today. Slayer, Megadeth and Testament!!! Feb 13th! I can feel the love in the air.

♥ Happy Valentines day to ME >; }

Merry Solstice \m/ -_- \m/ the DW and I put up our Thir's Oak today complete with a Mickey and Minnie tree topper :goodvibes

I'm going to the show on Feb 14th woooo!!!! SLAYER!!! and Megadeth for the 9th time and Testament for the 4th can't wait!!!!!

Congrats! I want to go to that too!

I can't believe tomorrow will be five years since Dime's death. Hope y'all will blast Pantera and Damageplan for him!

How are you feeling??! Are you home???

I LUV this pic of Phil and Dime!!! RIP Dime :guilty:

Pantera+Dimebag++Phil.jpg

Merry Solstice \m/ -_- \m/ the DW and I put up our Thir's Oak today complete with a Mickey and Minnie tree topper :goodvibes

I'm going to the show on Feb 14th woooo!!!! SLAYER!!! and Megadeth for the 9th time and Testament for the 4th can't wait!!!!!

Cool! The day after we go! I am sure it will be an awesome show!

I saw Rob Zombie last Friday- great show. I kind of liked Captain Clegg- however, Necromantix- not so much.:sad2: They were like the Stray Cats on speed!:confused:

Next month is Arch Enemy.

How are you feeling??! Are you home???

I LUV this pic of Phil and Dime!!! RIP Dime :guilty:

Pantera+Dimebag++Phil.jpg

Cool! The day after we go! I am sure it will be an awesome show!

I saw Rob Zombie last Friday- great show. I kind of liked Captain Clegg- however, Necromantix- not so much.:sad2: They were like the Stray Cats on speed!:confused:

Next month is Arch Enemy.

RIP Diamond!!!! I listened to "Power Metal" (1988) all day in tribute to Dime some of his best riffs and solos are on that album!!!!

Yeah I saw Zombie a few times back in the 90's and he didn't impress me live, but I'm glad you had a good time!!

Yeah I love Arch Enemy!! I have seen them 7 times!!! Once with Johan woooo!! BTW did you see that they re-released "Burning Bridges" and "Stigmata" have you heard the Angela Gassow version of "Pilgrim" ? it's ok but I like Johan's version better....Having said that the first time I saw Arch Enemy with Angela on the "Wages of Sin" tour she did an amazing version of one of my favorite songs "Beast of Man"...

BTW did you see that they re-released "Burning Bridges" and "Stigmata" have you heard the Angela Gassow version of "Pilgrim" ?

No, have not heard it.:upsidedow

I did break down a few days ago and ordered tix for Cannibal Corpse and Hatebreed this month. I was going to skip it b/c I hate the venue- but I just knew I would regret not going, so I had to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter