Any accountants?

Depending on who your daughter goes to work for, she will not need to pay for a work computer or cpa study guides or cpa testing fees.

My son is graduating with a masters in taxation in may. He has already accepted a job with the company (PWC) that he interned with last summer. They assigned him a laptop for work when he was an intern. I am assuming that they will assign him a laptop as an associate also.

They have already paid for his cpa study guides and will reimburse his cpa fees once he passes the test. They also give a cash bonus for passing the cpa.

We are giving him cash for graduation and taking him on a Disney cruise :)

Depending on who your daughter goes to work for, she will not need to pay for a work computer or cpa study guides or cpa testing fees.

My son is graduating with a masters in taxation in may. He has already accepted a job with the company (PWC) that he interned with last summer. They assigned him a laptop for work when he was an intern. I am assuming that they will assign him a laptop as an associate also.

They have already paid for his cpa study guides and will reimburse his cpa fees once he passes the test. They also give a cash bonus for passing the cpa.

We are giving him cash for graduation and taking him on a Disney cruise :)

Congratulations to your son! My daughter is interning with PWC as well this summer also on the tax side and is crossing her fingers all will go well and they will offer her a position after she gets her masters degree. That would be great if they paid for her study guides and cpa fees. She is going to be a graduate teaching research assistant next year as well so has part of grad school paid for but dang those courses are expensive! (She is an out-of-state student.)

What city is your son working in?

Congratulations to your son! My daughter is interning with PWC as well this summer also on the tax side and is crossing her fingers all will go well and they will offer her a position after she gets her masters degree. That would be great if they paid for her study guides and cpa fees. She is going to be a graduate teaching research assistant next year as well so has part of grad school paid for but dang those courses are expensive! (She is an out-of-state student.)

What city is your son working in?

Congrats to your daughter. She and my son could be twins! He was also selected to be a graduate assistant at the University of Georgia, which made the tuition for his masters degree free!

My son said that most everyone that interned at PWC last summer was offered a permanent position for the next year. They offer positions at the end of the internship, so she will know early if she has an offer. He really enjoyed his summer internship, it there were many long hours involved!

PWC sent him the Becker cpa guide books after his internship, when he went back to UGA for his masters degree. We paid for his cpa fees, but they will be reimbursed when he passes.

Good luck to your daughter!

Last edited:
I agree with morgan. The firm I work for uses hoteling so no one really has their own desk/cubicle, or you are at a client site which is also usually not a place to hang degrees and certifications. Framing would be much better suited for a home office. No need for a high end computer either.

I think some professional clothes (dress for the day is great...if you work at your office, but I work at the client site so no dressing down for me :( ) or a really nice briefcase/bag. I love my bag!

Cash is good too. Can never go wrong with cold hard cash. Plus it is money and accountants deal with that. lol

I was not even thinking about clothing. I was home for years before returning to school and then to work, and yes, clothing was an expense even for my business casualish office. Depending on the firm clothing can really add up. The difference between businness casual and business professional dress is astronomical.

Also wanted to add that for my son’s group of PWC tax interns, they showed up to work the first day and were assigned a laptop.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter