Antenna Balls and No Antenna!

DisneyTiger

Life is what happens between trips to Disney World
This is probably a very silly thread, but I just had to ask. Has anyone wondered when Disney is going to come up with clip on antenna balls? I have a newer SUV with no antenna - just one of those little stubby things ontop of the roof. I miss using my Disney seasons antenna balls. Anyone know if there is such a thing out there that I can use? :confused3

What I do with mine, is get one of those little screw in thingys for wire picture hangers (sorry forgot the name), but they're about 1/2" long maybe, with a screw on one end and a small metal circle on the other. Push/screw the thing into the top of the Mickey Head, thread a length of 1/4" wide satin ribbon through it, tie it off, and then hang the Mickey head from my rear view mirror. Also that way I wouldn't have to worry about someone stealing my Mickey head off my antenna (if I had an antenna, that is:laughing: ).

Our Subaru doesn't have an antenna either... lol I'm sad about it! I wanted one of those Mickey antenna balls so badly!

I always had one on my VUE... but then we traded it in for the Saturn Outlook and I went to transfer my antenna topper over..... oopsie! Just one of the stubby things off the back! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, I think this calls for a petition! I'm suprised Disney hasn't been more "on the ball" with this. Sorry, I just couldn't resist:lmao:

Yup - on our trip a few years ago i brought back loads of different antenna balls and got home and took delivery of my new car and there is no antenna! I was gutted. Not even a stubby thing! So if anyone is thinking of buying an Audi A3 - don't!!!!!!!!!

Mind you DH put his Test Track one on his car and then drove to the Open Golf Championship at St Andrews and got his stolen!!!! It was on his car for 2 days! :mad:

I bought a little silver sparkly Mickey head which ios on a little chain thing form the Test Track shop and I have it threaded through the air vent on my dashboard. It looks great and makes up for the lack of ball on the outside!

i don't want my antenna balls stolen, so this is what i do: i stick a toothpick in the hole in the bottom of the antenna ball and then stick it in the middle of the speaker grill on the driver's side of my dashboard (i have one on the passenger's side too, hehe). everyone can see it, no one can steal it and it's not swinging from the mirror (although i have one there too, lol).

We have a stub on our new car. Just took a knife and made a bigger deeper hole
pushed on as hard as we could. It stayed.

I'm loving some of the "fixes" people have come up with for the lack of antenna problem. I bought a whole bunch of Mickey heads when I had a Kia Sportage... then I bought a VW Jetta. Not only does it not have an antenna, it doesn't even have the little nub thing! So I had to give up my Mickey heads to DH... who fully enjoyed rubbing in the fact that he could change them as often as he wanted. But I got the last laugh... when DD was born he had to trade his Jeep Wrangler (a 2 door Wrangler is not conducive to transporting an infant in a car seat!) for a Jeep Liberty... no more antenna for him either!

Well, that looks like a good solution. I am curious to see if it flies off your car when you're driving. Keep us posted!:thumbsup2

I stuck it on the dashboard. It has a stick bottom, so I hope it won't fly off while I'm driving :lmao:

The toppers at my Blockbuster were also advertised as pencil toppers, so there's another use for them...

My DH had bought some that he liked on our last trip and was so exctied and we now have a new car that doesn't have an attenna that is up all the time. What DH has done is take them to work and displayed on top of his file cabnit:cool1:

my dad sent me a jack-in-the-box clown topper (my DS LOVES to change our attena topper) the jack in the box one had a spring on it with a suction-cup thing attached to the bottom of it.
if you have a jack-in-the-box resturant near you (we dont in new england) go and see if they have these suction cup topper things
i know - "Im being clear as mud"
sorry
jennifer

You can buy a dummy antenna to attach to your car. That is what I did when I got a Subaru and discovered it didn't have an antenna. I was not going to drive around without my Mickey topper :drive:

This thread makes me laugh!!! When we were looking for our new car, that was *almost* one of our deciding factors. The dealer thought it would be hilarious if he made the sale because of that.

Sadly..we went with the Honda Odyssey and have no antennea. Instead, I bought that little 2" springy thing from cooltoppers (or something like that). We have it attached to our dashboard and it holds our toppers. The problem comes in the summer, when it is really sunny. No glue or velcro tape holds, so it isn't the best solution. I hadn't tried again since it came down, but had to quickly remedy the situation so we could be in style for our trip last week.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds this issue important:rotfl2:

Yup - on our trip a few years ago i brought back loads of different antenna balls and got home and took delivery of my new car and there is no antenna! I was gutted. Not even a stubby thing! So if anyone is thinking of buying an Audi A3 - don't!!!!!!!!!

Mind you DH put his Test Track one on his car and then drove to the Open Golf Championship at St Andrews and got his stolen!!!! It was on his car for 2 days!

I bought a little silver sparkly Mickey head which ios on a little chain thing form the Test Track shop and I have it threaded through the air vent on my dashboard. It looks great and makes up for the lack of ball on the outside!
I bought the Test Track Mickey Head too and it got stolen also. It made me so mad, because it was so unique. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter