Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

I am so damn tired of these 100% CGI background films. How is this not Thor. Or Guardians of the Galaxy. Or any other Marvel film, at this point?

I am so damn tired of these 100% CGI background films. How is this not Thor. Or Guardians of the Galaxy. Or any other Marvel film, at this point?

Certainly there is a formula to the Marvel movies, but the Ant-Man ones are among the best. Peyton Reed has directed all three and he brings real heart to them - and even as a fan I can admit that it is sometimes lacking in the other movies.

Certainly there is a formula to the Marvel movies, but the Ant-Man ones are among the best. Peyton Reed has directed all three and he brings real heart to them - and even as a fan I can admit that it is sometimes lacking in the other movies.
I enjoyed the the first film, and sat through the second. But man, this trailer gave me a headache. It's Dr. Strange all over again.

I enjoyed the the first film, and sat through the second. But man, this trailer gave me a headache. It's Dr. Strange all over again.

The second one wasn't as strong, but still pretty good - among the better of the MCU. I do agree that I haven't been sold on this multiverse stuff, but they've still at least been decent. I hope this one is better because of the cast and director. I hope.

I saw the previews of the newest Ant-Man And The Wasp movie and what I think Marvel is gonna try to do to market it is promote it during Super Bowl because every Super Bowl every year has to promote a new movie because that what makes new upcoming movies gain attention to attract fans. I think once Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania debuts in theaters February 17th it will draw big box-office numbers due to Presidents Day Weekend. But I also think just like they had with The Avengers and Guardians Of The Galaxy series of movies Marvel thinks Ant-Man And The Wasp will be their new movie series to focus on. And I expect to see a big merchandise boom for this movie as well

I saw it last night. I don't know why the reviews are so bad, it was fun. Totally on par with the other Ant-Man movies and other standalones.

Reactions: GAN
I just saw it. It was fine, a good Marvel chapter, however It didn't feel like Ant-Man 3. I think I would have preferred soemthing smaller, and funnier, like the first two. No Luis? Come on!

Last edited:
I just saw it. It was fine, a good Marvel chapter, however It didn't feel like Ant-Man 3. I think I would have preferred soemthing smaller, and funnier, like the first two. No Luis? Come on!
I agree wholeheartedly with this. It was a good setup for Phase 5, but I don't know why they decided to do this with Ant-Man. It would have made more sense to do this with Doctor Strange, IMO. I don't know how true to the comics the stuff with Janet was, but it felt like a huge retcon just to fit Kang into this story.

Speaking of, I also thought it was a mistake to give Kang so much screentime this early on in the saga. Thanos was teased over YEARS with small roles and stingers, which made his intro in Infinity War so impactful. I liked seeing "He Who Remains" in Loki, and it made sense for the story, but seeing Kang the Conqueror in Quantumania seemed like an odd choice, and almost diminished him as a villain. Which is weird because Jonathan Majors is amazing in the part and by far the best part of the movie. 🤷‍♀️

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It was a good setup for Phase 5, but I don't know why they decided to do this with Ant-Man. It would have made more sense to do this with Doctor Strange, IMO. I don't know how true to the comics the stuff with Janet was, but it felt like a huge retcon just to fit Kang into this story.

Speaking of, I also thought it was a mistake to give Kang so much screentime this early on in the saga. Thanos was teased over YEARS with small roles and stingers, which made his intro in Infinity War so impactful. I liked seeing "He Who Remains" in Loki, and it made sense for the story, but seeing Kang the Conqueror in Quantumania seemed like an odd choice, and almost diminished him as a villain. Which is weird because Jonathan Majors is amazing in the part and by far the best part of the movie. 🤷‍♀️
The stuff with Janet in the Quantum Realm is not in the comics at all. Really, Hank and Jenet are contemporaries with the other Avengers, not significantly older as they are in the MCU.

Speaking of, Michelle Pfeiffer - man! Looking good at 64, not that that's too surprising I guess.

I liked the scene in the beginning where Scott is walking down the street interacting etc, and the end when Scott is walking down the street interacting and etc. Needed Louis though.

These eyes will never see what's in between those scenes ever again.

Someone pointed out that this would have been an excellent movie had this been the premiere movie for the MCU Fantastic Four. They deal with this sort of thing more than Ant-Man.

Someone pointed out that this would have been an excellent movie had this been the premiere movie for the MCU Fantastic Four. They deal with this sort of thing more than Ant-Man.

Yes, I agree. It would have been The Negative Zone instead of the Wuantum Realm, but that makes so much sense, right down to the family aspect of the main group. It was a great Marvel Universe movie, but a lousy Ant-Man movie.

Except then it would've been the Fantastic Four and they're boring. 😄 We've seen Reed Richards in the MCU for like 5 minutes and he was already insufferable.

Except then it would've been the Fantastic Four and they're boring. 😄 We've seen Reed Richards in the MCU for like 5 minutes and he was already insufferable.

Yeah, but that wasn't the "real" Reed Richards - he was from that alternate universe where everyone was kinda edgy and borderline evil.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter