Anoyone live in Twinsburg or Stow, Ohio?

llori7

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am looking for some help. We are looking into moving to either Twinsburg or Stow. My husband currently works in Solon. Right now he is driving an hour to and from work each day. I am looking for people who are familiar with the areas to help me decide!! Any thoughts or input you have would be great!

Thanks!

Why not move to Solon? Great city. Great schools. I'd move to Solon before Twinsburg or Stow.

Cost of living and housing costs will be significantly less in Twinsburg. Solon has the best schools of the 3 but also tons of snow and high taxes. Stow also is known for high taxes and silly decision making when it comes to their schools (who carpets a cafeteria?!?) but that was many years ago. Of the 3 choices, I would probably pick Twinsburg. (I live in Akron, by the way)
Kim

Cost of living and housing costs will be significantly less in Twinsburg. Solon has the best schools of the 3 but also tons of snow and high taxes. Stow also is known for high taxes and silly decision making when it comes to their schools (who carpets a cafeteria?!?) but that was many years ago. Of the 3 choices, I would probably pick Twinsburg. (I live in Akron, by the way)
Kim

Is Twinsburg nice? I saw they have a fitness center. I thought that was nice. I know their schools are really good, as are Stow's schools.

I would pick Twinsburg over Stow 1,000 times over, if these are your choices. Twinsburg has a great rec center, family friendly community with good schools. Stow schools are ok, but I know families with children of all spectrums of learning needs (gifted to special ed) and Twinsburg schools have been good with them.

You can PM me if you have specific questions I can forward to my Twinsburg or Stow friends.

Kim
I'm not sure what you are referring to about the carpet in a cafeteria??

I live in Stow and my children have attended Stow City Schools http://www.stow.summit.k12.oh.us/INDEX.html for the past 8 years. I currently have a 3rd grader and an 11th grader and I couldn't be more pleased with the schools overall. The district is rated EXCELLENT with DISTINCTION. The PTA'S at all of the schools have an excellent relationship with the individual staff and the community is wonderful. Yes, we have our problems just like any other community but I HIGHLY recommed Stow as a place to live and raise your family!
If you need more specific information please send me a PM and good luck in whatever you choose.

I would also suggest that you check out the Munroe Falls area, all of their residents attend Stow City schools as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter