Another WwYD

potterfanatic

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5, kids are 18, 15, and 12. We typically stay onsite and let the kids come and go. They often like a mid day break or to end the day earlier than we do. I am currently booked at Doubletree Disney springs but am starting to question the transportation aspect of things. This trip we are doing one hopper day and one day at universal. It is an additional $800 for us to change from doubletree to half our stay at Dolphin and half our stay at UO Endless summer. WWYD?

Last edited:
My logical side says: Save your $$. Spend some on Uber or Lyft. Splurge on Minnie Vans.
But What would I do?
I just paid off my student loans.
I’d do Swan and Dolphin and Endless Summer.

We are a family of 5, kids are 18, 15, and 12. We typically stay onsite and let the kids come and go. They often like a mid day break or to end the day earlier than we do. I am currently booked at Doubletree Disney springs but am starting to question the transportation aspect of things. This trip we are doing one hopper day and one day at universal. It is an additional $800 for us to change from doubletree to half our stay at Dolphin and half our stay at UO Endless summer. WWYD?
How many days are you talking at Disney? Just the one? because that’s absolutely not worth it because you will all spend all day at the park.

How many days are you talking at Disney? Just the one? because that’s absolutely not worth it because you will all spend all day at the park.
Yes, One HS/hop to Mk day. 2 “down” days on the Disney side. I’m thinking there are a lot more options with Dolphin for our down days than there are for Doubletree with the proximity to boardwalk area and a much better pool.

Yes, One HS/hop to Mk day. 2 “down” days on the Disney side. I’m thinking there are a lot more options with Dolphin for our down days than there are for Doubletree with the proximity to boardwalk area and a much better pool.
Ah, Dolphin making a bit more sense.

Personally I’d probably keep Doubletree but switch 1 down day to Universal and upgrade the UOR hotel to Sapphire Falls. Sapphire Falls makes for an amazing down day with a great pool and boat access to downtown UOR.

No Minnie Vans for off-site hotels. Not even Swolphin.
Ya but everywhere else, they can use them. With $800 extra, they can take one from any park to anywhere else on property for dinner. Then go back to whatever hotel from there.

Since you're only doing two park days, I would see if you can get the kids to stay out late during those. If they get tired during the middle of the day, they can always head to a resort and relax in the lobby or do a table service meal. $800 is a lot to spend just so they can come back one day.

Thank you all for your help. I actually took most of the advice and split the difference. I’ll be doing 3 days at Dolphin and 2 days in an offsite near Universal. We haven’t been there in about 10 years and I expect we’ll spend all our time in the parks.

Thank you all for your help. I actually took most of the advice and split the difference. I’ll be doing 3 days at Dolphin and 2 days in an offsite near Universal. We haven’t been there in about 10 years and I expect we’ll spend all our time in the parks.
It’s a lot to consider! A lot has changed in the last decade, I’m sure you’ll have a blast! (especially considering your username 😉)

Dolphin ..AAA discount was pretty good for me..try that..I enrolled in AAA just to get it and saved ..You also get a dining discount at Swan/D with it

Since you are only doing 1 day at US, I would have put that $$ towards a US premier resort and get the express pass for your 1 day at US park(s).
This is exactly why I ended up booking it. $211 a night with AAA. I didn’t know about the dining discount though. Thanks!
Was $211 the total cost, including resort fee? If you have a car, parking fee? We drive and once we add the fees, it's around $80 more per night for us.

Since you are only doing 1 day at US, I would have put that $$ towards a US premier resort and get the express pass for your 1 day at US park(s).

Was $211 the total cost, including resort fee? If you have a car, parking fee? We drive and once we add the fees, it's around $80 more per night for us.
This was why I started looking it to it, but the price of the Doubletree more than doubled since I booked it, and any edits to the reservation wouldn’t allow me to keep the same rate.

So the three nights ended up being $934 after taxes and fees. We won’t have a car so no parking fee but our oldest is 18 and it charged a $25 per night fee for an extra adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter