Another "which park on which day" question

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
Going to WDW for 6 nights over Columbus Day weekend. Three women, main focus is Food & Wine. Planning only 3 park days: one just Epcot, one start at DHS and hop to Epcot, one start at DAK and hop to Epcot. We arrive the evening of Wednesday 10/5, and at this point our schedule is:

Thursday: DHS, Epcot
Friday: non-park day
Saturday: Epcot
Sunday: DAK, Epcot
Monday: non-park day
Tuesday: Departure Day

We'd like to have Friday as a non-park day, but I am second guessing our plan because I'm concerned Saturday at Epcot will be super busy for Food & Wine. We can't make Monday a park day because Sunday is the last day my AP is valid, and I am not planning on renewing. Since we plan to end up at Epcot on every park day, I think the only way to possibly avoid the Saturday crowds is to switch our Epcot Day to Friday. Are the local crowds that much worse on Saturday than on Friday? I recall Saturday evening at Food & Wine being an absolute zoo years ago, but wasn't sure if those crowds were as bad now that the festival runs for so much longer, and there are also other festivals through out the year with food booths.

Going to WDW for 6 nights over Columbus Day weekend. Three women, main focus is Food & Wine. Planning only 3 park days: one just Epcot, one start at DHS and hop to Epcot, one start at DAK and hop to Epcot. We arrive the evening of Wednesday 10/5, and at this point our schedule is:

Thursday: DHS, Epcot
Friday: non-park day
Saturday: Epcot
Sunday: DAK, Epcot
Monday: non-park day
Tuesday: Departure Day

We'd like to have Friday as a non-park day, but I am second guessing our plan because I'm concerned Saturday at Epcot will be super busy for Food & Wine. We can't make Monday a park day because Sunday is the last day my AP is valid, and I am not planning on renewing. Since we plan to end up at Epcot on every park day, I think the only way to possibly avoid the Saturday crowds is to switch our Epcot Day to Friday. Are the local crowds that much worse on Saturday than on Friday? I recall Saturday evening at Food & Wine being an absolute zoo years ago, but wasn't sure if those crowds were as bad now that the festival runs for so much longer, and there are also other festivals through out the year with food booths.
You are correct. If you can avoid Epcot for a Saturday, that would be wise. Fridays can be busy but Saturdays seem to be worse. I think a lot of public schools no longer have the Monday/Columbus Day holiday off. I know the Orlando area schools are off Friday before Columbus Day but in school on 10/10 so I'd guess Saturday would be the busiest day for locals.

I would do the same as what you are thinking, I'd move your full Epcot day to Friday and keep your schedule the same. If you prefer not being so Epcot heavy on the front end of your trip, you could even move it to Sunday and maybe be a bit better off. And move your DAK/Epcot day to Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter