Another week in Florida in July, where?

JennCa

DIS Veteran
I am already going to Orlando for a little over a week in mid-July and now have to figure out where else to go for the week after. I will be travelling with a 2.5 year old, a 9 year old and my hubby. We want to go to a beach area that will not have jellyfish or a lot of seagrass. I would like to be able to kayak some and realize this is the hot time of the year so I know it will be hot and humid. We've already been to Tampa, Siesta Key, St Augustine and Marco Island so those are out. Any other ideas of where might be nice and we are willing to drive to an area we haven't been to? We are leaning towards the Florida keys. Maybe 2 nights in Miami area, 3 nights in Key West and 3 nights in Marathon. I ahven't booked my airfare yet and am planning to not to a roundtrip but instead fly into one city and out of the other so a drive one way isn't too bad.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Jenn

I am already going to Orlando for a little over a week in mid-July and now have to figure out where else to go for the week after. I will be travelling with a 2.5 year old, a 9 year old and my hubby. We want to go to a beach area that will not have jellyfish or a lot of seagrass. I would like to be able to kayak some and realize this is the hot time of the year so I know it will be hot and humid. We've already been to Tampa, Siesta Key, St Augustine and Marco Island so those are out. Any other ideas of where might be nice and we are willing to drive to an area we haven't been to? We are leaning towards the Florida keys. Maybe 2 nights in Miami area, 3 nights in Key West and 3 nights in Marathon. I ahven't booked my airfare yet and am planning to not to a roundtrip but instead fly into one city and out of the other so a drive one way isn't too bad.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Jenn

I just talked to my travel agent about doing a trip with our 2 and 10b year old to the keys and he said he would no reccomend it because it's not a family friendly vacation. He said hardly any beaches in that area and not a kid friendly environment. Not sure if that helps or not! what about Tampa/Sarasota area that's a gorgeous area

I have been to the Keys twice with DH. We went on a cruise both times and I would agree that its not a place for kids. Not really anything for them to do, however great place for adults and older teens.

I have a friend who lives in Clearwater Fl. He said the beaches there are the best. You may want to check it out.

What about Sanibel Island? It is an the gulf coast. I heard it is nice-lots of shells to collect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter