Another WDW in May question?

Honeymooner04

DIS Veteran
Sorry because I know this has to have been asked a thousand times bu I'm not able to do a search for some reason. So for the 1001th time.....can anyone tell me what Disney is like the first part of May (before Mother's Day) is like crowdwise and weatherwise? Thanks!

Patty

When we went May 5-11-05... it was in the upper 80's the whole week, the nights were really mild, it rained 2x's, and the parks weren't crowded at all. I think the longest we waited in line for anything was 20 minutes. We were only there one time in May and that's how it was for us, so I don't know if our trip was out of the ordinary or if that's how it is most of the time.

We were there the first/second week of May in 2003 --ditto what the above poster said, except we had no rain. Honestly, I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes for anything. That's why we're planning our next trip for MAY 2007!

We went May 6-13, 2006 and I thought it was hot but not unbearably so and I would say average crowds. We've been at other times that I would say there were "no crowds" but early May was not one of those times. We had our son with us who was 6 months at the time so we didn't do a lot of rides but most of the waits were reasonable. If I had to go in the summery time of year, I'd definitely do early May again. Oh and it only rained once for like 10 minutes and then nothing for the rest of the week.

We went may 5 - 13 this year...and what others are posting has been our experience as well. We have visited during most seasons at one time or another, and I would say that May weather was hotter than I would like it, but certainly able to deal with it. Not too bad.

Same with crowds--the parks "felt" crowded, but we never waited more than 15 minutes for anything. Disney is the business of moving people, don't forget, and they did a great job with this. We stayed at SSR, which was at capacity, and did not feel crowded there at all. Don't kow how they managed that! lol

However, I will likely not go in May again. We have been too spoiled by Septembers trips--everything is a walk-on and you get the characters to yourselves, though it is really hot. And Jan/Feb, where again, everything is a walk-on, though sometimes too cold to swim (though we have only had that be the case once).

Happy planning!

Went may 4-11 and loved it. I have nothing to compare it to. But the weather was in the upper 80 low 90 and mid 90 towards the end of the week. The lines was not long at all. We walked on alot of them or had about 10 min wait. We did get fastpasses for the more popular rides. then longest was 30 mins and that was for peter pan. I would differently go again in May. (not sure if I can keep going in may as my dd 6 birthday is may 9 and it will not be fair to dd 3 who bday is in june.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter