Another view of Bonnet Creek

dvcnewgirl

<font color=green>Williamsburg, VA<br><font color=
After reading the We Love Bonnet Creek thread and having such a great stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages we decided to give Bonnet Creek a try. After planning for so long and waiting so long I have to say We were disappointed. The resort is very big which I know if I looked at a map I could have discovered. We never saw any of the activities going on because of our location. I know I could have tried to find them but the staff was not friendly and very uninformative. For example we were in the middle of the hallway and asked where to take the trash.. they said to the end of the hallway. Never a mention of what end. We tried to check in at 2 (knowing that check in is at 4) Disney's check in is at 4 also. Usually we are able to get keys etc, give info and get to the parks. We were told that we could not check in and would have to return at 4. My husband made a comment that it was not very accommodating to new customers. The response given was that they really do not need new customers they just wanted the customers they had to upgrade their points so that they can be VIP so they can check in early. To be fair the room was beautiful and well appointed. Also, because I went off season I did miss the extra magic hours since everything closed so early. I know that I will probably get flamed for being picky etc. and that I should have known etc. I just wanted to post something to those of you that are on the fence of choosing Disney or Bonnet Creek and there is so much written about how wonderful it is I wanted to give another point of view. I would not stay offsite for Disney again, unless my budget would only allow me to do so. I want the "Disney" experience and am sad that I did not have it for this trip.

i really appreciate your honesty, how did you find the travel to and from the parks? we are tossing up between on and off site at the moment.

i really appreciate your honesty, how did you find the travel to and from the parks? we are tossing up between on and off site at the moment.

We drove to and from the park which was not a problem, except the parking charge got on my nerves too.;)

Thanks for the info...also on the fence. Doesnt seem like staying offsite would really save us money (unless we stayed in a really cheap hotel with no kitchen etc).

I think for us the difference would be having more room and having a kitchen (which I guess would save us money on food).

Just not sure how much time we will spend in the room anyway. We arent big breakfast people so either way we will grab something light. And I like the idea of coming back to the room in the afternoon but just not sure if that plan will work (thinking once we are back we might not go back out). So I think we might do a really long day (all day in park) followed by sleeping in and half day in the park the next. Not sure that we would do much cooking anyway...just dont know what to do lol...

Parents might join us this might be more cost savings to do offsite if they come.....

that's ok, dvcnewgirl.....different strokes for different folks. I don't think you should get flamed, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't know why places can't check you in early. I don't mean give you the keys. I just mean get the paper work done so you can get to where you want, pick up the keys later. Orlando is not like your typical tourist city. The majority of folks have spent a lot of money on park tickets and they want to get there.

I know BC isn't concerned with their customers getting to a park that they themselves don't make any money from, but wouldn't you want your clients happy anyway? But I guess being a timeshare place they want to sell, sell, sell.

I would like to try BC sometime as it looks like a nice resort and so close to WDW. Sorry this trip wasn't the best it could be for you.

Thanks all! And yes different strokes for different folks. I bet if we encountered a couple of different employees our stay could have been different. It is nice to have your own bedrooms and not be cramped. It did not work for me this time. Oh well.. and yes there is only parking charges at the parks, not the hotel.

We are going to book at Windsor Hills, as we want more space.Bonnet Creek seems to have lots of activiites, but I just can not get past the fact of so many people calling and bugging you about timeshares, I want to enjoy my vacation.

Wow! I've been looking for the appropriate thread to talk about our experience at Bonnet Creek since our stay in early April...even started one but then deleted it because I didn't want to seem like I was whining. Renting a unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek was a breeze through a very honest and accommodating couple highly touted on these boards. The location is as good as you can get for being a non-Disney property. Check-in was a nightmare even though we arrived after 4 pm. Had to haunt the front desk until being allowed to check-in at 5:50 pm. The manager had a very hands-off attitude, offering nothing to soften the blow except telling us he would go up and personally help housekeeping ready the room. The rooms are indeed magnificent (we were in a 1 bedroom presidential), the view fair (parking lot and trees), the grounds, while large, seem inadequate for the number of guests in their buildings. Every day of our 6 day stay we were unable to secure pool chairs at our buildings pool. Every day we would head to the pool a little earlier...first 1 pm, then noon, then 11 am and every day of our stay we would schlep two - three buildings away to find 2 beach chairs. It was laughable by the last day....oh that was the day we scored two seats by the kiddie pool that no child would go in because it was freezing (not cold, freezing!). Our experience at Wyndham Bonnet Creek was disappointing. Customer service seemed non-existent, the grounds seemed poorly planned and poorly layed out. The rooms were well-appointed and very pretty but in our opinion it takes a lot more than high end furnishings to make a high quality resort. Just our opinion of course. :3dglasses

We are going to book at Windsor Hills, as we want more space.Bonnet Creek seems to have lots of activiites, but I just can not get past the fact of so many people calling and bugging you about timeshares, I want to enjoy my vacation.

I stayed at Bonnet Creek Last year and no one called and bothered me. When I got my parking pass I was asked I told them no and that was it, Maybe I'm the exception to the rule but it was one of the best stays I've had and I'm going back again for 2 weeks this year.

I appreciate hearing an opposing viewpoint too. We've always stayed onsite and our upcoming trip will be our first offsite. The size of our family has just made it so pricey to stay onsite as often as we like to go. Our option was stay offsite or not go. I have to say it was very easy to find many who fell in love with Bonnet Creek, but not so much the opposite. Well, we chose to try out Bonnet Creek for our trip this May. Hopefully we have a good experience. I'm trying my best to have an open mind and experience a new way of doing Disney.

It's always good to hear the good and bad because nowhere is perfect. I've had less than desirable experiences onsite too and its always disappointing.

Thanks for posting. That is very interesting. I had a one week trip planned in March and then got a good deal at BC and switched and had a great time. So glad I did

Thanks for the extra information. I had no idea you couldn't actually check in before 4pm. That's going to be a pickle for us. Can you leave your luggage at bell services if you aren't checked in yet? We want to get to the parks in the morning and I was just going to go over and check in and leave our luggage but if that's not possible I guess I'd better plan on missing a park day.

Just a few suggestions for those that don't want to deal with the timeshare pitches. When you get to the desk to get your parking pass for the hotel, this is where they'll try to hit you up for the timeshare pitch. I've heard of a few ways to get around it. First, when filling out the form, pick the lowest salary range and they won't bother you since they'll assume you can't afford it. Second, tell them your spouse isn't with you on this trip (they can't do the pitch unless both spouses are there...so one of you should go hide in the car :laughing:. Third, just say no and be firm about it. If they proceed to call you at the room just unplug the phone.
It's really hit or miss with the sales people. Some I've encountered have been really nice and didn't bother me, while others have been a pain in my ****.

I have seen many mention about some customer service issues. I hope that people are letting Wyndham know of these issues. I am staying at BC in June and will not hesitate to complain if I witness any rude employees...including name of said employee.

DH's best friends are Wyndham timeshare holders big time who have stayed in Wyndham properties all over the world. They have given us some of their points for Canada this fall and their advice for avoiding the timeshare spiels is to say "No" 3 separate times and Wyndham has to stop asking.

They will be staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time next March with tons of family coming down and I can't wait to hear their report now! By the way, they dragged us to a local presentation and I could not believe the buy-in prices :eek: Our friends paid full or nearly full-price for all their points (never from a re-sale place) and stay on points for 6 weeks each year so they have lots of $$$ invested in Wyndham.

OP - It's good to hear a balanced view of BC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter