Another trip...

la79al

DIS Veteran
DH said after our June trip it would be at least 5 years until our next trip to DW. Well the past 2 weeks he has mentioned over and over again how much he enjoyed the trip and wants to do another one. Last night he even started to talk about a budget for the next trip. So it looks like we're heading to DW again in the next couple of years. Since we will be taking an infant/toddler I would like to make the next trip a winter trip but I don't think we will be able to take the stepkids out of school so I guess we will be looking at August. I think this is going to totally overwhelm me. I want to make it as cool as the other 2 trips we have done but I have also never done any trip, let alone DW, with an infant/toddler. I have awhile....

There are tons of threads about 'to take or not to take the children out of school'. Naturally, the key is it all depends on the children. Having said that, we have absolutely zero issue with pulling ours out of school for a family vacation. Our oldest is only in Kindergarten, but we took her out for one trip this past October, and we're in the process of planning another one in Feb / March. That's two trips within one school year. Our daughter is academically far beyond her peers, so that makes it easier for us. The amount of 'stuff' you can do in a week during non-peek times (due to cooler weather, less crowds, lower cost, etc) really makes it difficult for us to go back during a peek season.

taking a baby is a breeze. They have the baby care centers you can use, I suggest taking your own stroller. Especially one he/she can take naps in.

Don't sweat it. Our DD1 went when she was 10 months and loved it. She's about to take her third trip next year and she'll be 4 then.

Good luck with the planning! Why don't you try going the week after Christmas or right after Thanksgiving? Maybe the kids won't have to miss so much school and the weather should be a little cooler so you won't have to deal with a hot, sweaty baby.
Congrat's on the new baby too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter