Another trip? We're such Disney Freaks!

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
Figured someone here would get a kick out of this. So when we planned our 2014 trip to Disney, we had already agreed that the next trip would be somewhere new and non-Disney. In fact the 2014 trip was supposed to be that but the kids sucked us into the Disney trip instead (not that it is hard). So today DH and I are discussing via text dates for vacation next year and eventually it turns into discussing another Disney trip at my DH's request!! What just happened here. lol. Here I'm all set with all these ideas of other places to go and he wants to go back to Disney (not that I wouldn't go willingly, lol!). So I think I'll ask the kids for input tonight and if they say they wanna go to Disney guess that will be vacay for 2015 as well.
Such is the life of a family of Disney lovers!! :)

I guess I let myself get sucked in all the time thinking my boys will eventually outgrow it. People give us enough crap about going more than once, I can't imagine the crap they would give us for going as 2 adults without kids. lol

We went to Disney the last 2 years but this July we went to Alaska. When we got back we got a code and dh said "How about we go during the week in Nov when you are off?" I really wanted to say yes but we just spent a bundle in Alaska and I am getting ready to retire. It was a good decision not to go since dh ended up getting a part time and now doesn't have the time off.

I wish my dh was as much of a Disney lover as the kids and myself ;) he wants to go to Mexico this winter and Jamaica next...the Jamaica trip could quite possibly mean not doing Disney next winter which would make me so sad! Not that those trips won't be great, I definitely love a tropical vacation but I'm itching to bring the kids back 'before they outgrow it' ;)

We're the same way! We've gone 4 years in a row! A couple weeks ago we tried something new and surprised the kids with a cruise (not disney) and hubby and I missed disneyworld, lol. So it's back to disneyworld next year, lol. The cruise was fun and it was nice to do a different type of vacation but disney it is!:thumbsup2

Our family always discuss going someplace new every year but the thought of not going to Disney makes us sad! My husband said I just want to go to the Bahamas or Mexico....... well March were going to the Bahamas and Mexico...... on a disney cruise!! Lol I just can't see a year that we don't go to Disney!!? We're hoping to move to Florida next year if we do then we can have the best of both worlds...

We are the same way. Trying to go somewhere else tends to always lead back to a discussion about returning to Disney. We will have visited Disney 6 times and 2 Disney Cruises in 2014.

It think it is time to plant another Disney money tree in the back yard.

We have two young kids (4 & 7) and the fact is, for where they are in their lives, Disney vacations just make sense. My husband and I took a tropical vacation alone for our 10th anniversary in February, and while I can't wait to take the kids there some day, I know that if we took them now, it wouldn't be the same type of vacation...not as laid back, certainly not as many adult beverages ;), we wouldn't be able to do the same type of dining...so while taking the kids someplace that's NOT DISNEY sounds great, in theory, I know the reality of it would be very, very different.

Even with all the "bad moves" (IMO) that Disney has been making lately, the fact is that they are experts in supplying entertainment that kids are into, and can stay into for a week or more. It's the combination of rides, characters, great pools, and other stuff to do. The kids are never bored. We never fear for their safety. So, Disney will be getting our vacation dollars for awhile.

Glad to hear we aren't alone. I'm torn. I would LOVE to try something new and have a new adventure, but I also LOVE my disney.
For those that have done a Disney cruise, I'm interested in hearing how long you went and how you liked it. We've always said we are not cruise type of people, but maybe a Disney one?

We go to Disney every year for the last 9 years. This year we happened to go twice. the second was for two days after a cruise. And we are going back for MNSSHP, only cuz we have AP. But we also go on a cruise every year. I love my cruise!! Even more than Disney. And well the Disney cruise is the Best of both worlds. We've been on two Disney cruises (Dream 3 nighters) I want to go on the 7 night, gotta save more money! My DS13 is sick of Disney, but not the cruise. He isn't even going to MNSSHP. Staying home with hubby. I try to do both every year, but thinking of not doing Disney next year. Maybe Hawaii with our DVC.
I say do it while the kids are young, they grow up so fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter