ANOTHER stroller thread :) (rent a side by side or bring a tandem?)

pinkfairy1684

DIS Veteran
We're heading down in August. I have two kiddos...DS will be turning 5 during our trip and DD will be turning 2 a few days after we return. I am definitely on board with a stroller for both. Here is my dilemma: I can't decide if we should rent a citi mini double, or borrow a friend's Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem stroller. WWYD? Thanks!

I'd go with the side by side without a doubt. Yeah, it's a bit wider, but the long ones are even more unwieldy, IMO. You'd also have one of them standing right in front of you as you're trying to navigate through a crowd, easier to see when they're both sitting in the stroller seat. Plus, with the sit/stand, one of them is always going to be standing. The side by side also allows them to sit next to each other and talk.

I'd also say the same thing I do in a lot of these threads...don't rent, it's a waste of money. Buy one from WalMart, Target, Costco, etc... much cheaper. When you're done with it, sell it to get money back, donate it, trash it.

Side by side! Tandems are not able to recline all the way back like most side by sides do.

We're heading down in August. I have two kiddos...DS will be turning 5 during our trip and DD will be turning 2 a few days after we return. I am definitely on board with a stroller for both. Here is my dilemma: I can't decide if we should rent a citi mini double, or borrow a friend's Joovy Caboose Graphite Stand On Tandem stroller. WWYD? Thanks!
We've done both a sit n stand with my ds 6 and dd 1, and rented a double citi mini for dd 6 and dd almost 2 months...with your ages, I'd do the double citi mini. -That way they both have a seat (very handy especially at night) and the sun shade and recline is MUCH better. The double citi mini still fits through all doorways etc.

Now I'm wondering if I should rent a stroller for the kids (almost 6, 21 mos) on our next trip.... Last trip we only took a single umbrella stroller, but when ODD wanted to rest, we just popped the 4mo baby in the carrier.

We have a tandem - Joovy "Ultralight" - at home and when both kids are in it, you're pushing upwards of 75 pounds, which you really feel when you're pushing up a hill. Also not nearly as maneuverable as the city mini. We've also rented a city mini at WDW and that was a dream to push. I would rent the city mini.

Personal decision, but absolutely I would get a stroller if I were in your shoes. We had our kids in strollers until they were about 8. With the twins at that age, it was pretty heavy. Add in the food bag we carry on the stroller, it was probably 200lbs. But on a stroller with decent sized wheels, it's not really all that bad. Up major hills is hard, but then I just told them to get up and walk the hill if I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter