Another stroller rental question....

NotSoNewMommy

Earning My Ears
I've seen the photos of the strollers available for rent at WDW and it could very well just be my eyes, but are they fully reclined?? They look like the child can't sit, only lay down, which of course makes no sense so it's probably just me. :rolleyes: Just wondering what the scenario is as far as upright and recline position with the strollers, if any one can explain. THANKS!

We rented strollers at all 4 parks and none of them reclined. At MK, Epcot and AK they were hard plastic strollers. At MGM they were a mesh type of stroller. Hope that helps.

We rented strollers at all 4 parks and none of them reclined. At MK, Epcot and AK they were hard plastic strollers. At MGM they were a mesh type of stroller. Hope that helps.

This is true. They do not recline at all. As they are hard plastic, you may want to take a light blanket to lay on the seat.

Someone had posted recently that the strollers at MGM had been switched to the same type as the other parks.

They are a firm plastic (like the stuff that Little Tikes products are made of).

Do your kids seem comfortable in them? What is the benefit of renting the disney stroller vs bringing our own? I'm just trying to decide if we should use ours or not. thanks again!

I only used one once-- when it was a free rental during last year's halloween party (05- wasn't free this year). I found it a bit unwieldy.

My daughter was 2 at the time and she did not really find it comfortable. There are no shocks so it vibrates a lot and there's no cushioning when going over curbs. Because they don't recline, she couldn't really nap at all.

I think they're better suited for older kids that want a break from all that walking. Kids can just sit in them with their legs outstretched in front of them. I suppose if you had a really small child, they could lay down completely in one... or if you got the double stroller they can lay down diagonally.

I would definitely bring my own stroller as long as I thought my daughter needed one. It's nice to be able to use it to go to the bus stop and from the bus stop to your hotel room.

We rented strollers there, since our daughters were 8 and 4 (I have yet to see a stroller in a store big enough for a tall 8 year old to ride in). It would have been nice, though, to have a stroller for our DD4 to use between the parks and the buses--she was usually wiped out by the end of the day and needed to be carried. Who'd have thought a 40 lb. child could be so heavy?!? Word of advice, if you do decide to rent a stroller, do a multi-day rental for your entire stay. You get a discount for doing it that way, and if you don't use all the rentals, you can get a refund for what you didn't use.

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll just bring our own. We are driving so it's no big deal to just throw it in the trunk. :)

We always bring our own for several reasons, ds's comfort being one, however for anyone reading this, another option is renting from A baby's best friend, which is recommended quite often around here. If I had to rent, I'd check there first. They have regular strollers and Jogging strollers as well. I think their rates are pretty reasonable, in comparison to the park rental rate. Their site is www.abbf.com. Just thought I'd mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter