Another Stroller Question?

Mr.Disney

Mouseketeer
We want to bring our own stroller from home. I have heard that you can use your stroller at the airport right up until you board the plane. Then you check the stroller at the gate. Has anyone done this? It seems like a great thing, but what happens to the stroller? Is it frowned upon by the airlines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I do this all the time, and it is just as easy as it sounds. You roll your stroller up the jet way and leave it folded up at the end of the jet way. It is placed in the cargo hold under the plane and is removed immediately upon landing and is usually waiting for you after you deplane. Just make sure you approach the gate agent before boarding to receive a gate check tag.

We just got back from our trip and I couldn't believe how easily everything was handled when it came to 'hauling' all the baby 'stuff'. We took both of our strollers, which was a last minute decision that I am glad we made, as my almost 3 yr old couldn't have handled all of the walking in the airport at such early hours (plus we'd have been chasing her all over the place !). We just used both of ours and they went right up to the plane entrance and we folded them down and left them right there. When we got off of the plane they were waiting for us right at the plane door. Taking your stroller is a great way to keep kiddos in one spot and to carry some of your carry on stuff. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we took them both!!!

Kerri:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Mr.Disney
We want to bring our own stroller from home. I have heard that you can use your stroller at the airport right up until you board the plane. Then you check the stroller at the gate. Has anyone done this? It seems like a great thing, but what happens to the stroller? Is it frowned upon by the airlines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

It is not frowned upon at all. It is standard procedure, just get a tag for the stroller from the airline personnel at the counter by your gate, you fill it out and slip it over the stroller's handle. You just leave your stroller right before you board. When you get off, it will either be waiting for you right as you get off the aircraft, or you may have to wait a minute or two, but it's usually right there already.

We have done this quite a few times and the airport personnel are so helpful the have even help open it for us or held diaper bags while we are getting the kids set. It has saved us many times when we have had to run to the connecting flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter