Another stroller question... for 5 yr old

karenos

Mouseketeer
My DS doesn't use one now, but we are going in June when I know it will be hot and I'm sure he'll tire out from time to time. Bring one from home (we are driving) or rent? Which did you find more convenient?

We are doing a 7day split stay at POFQ/OKW - so we will be using the buses/boats.
Thanks.
Karen:flower3:

I would buy a Mac Volo. Normally I would say rent.... but with a child that age, I think that you will be able to get on and off the buses and boats no problem. The Mac folds small enough, and has a strap, so it is super easy to get around. Then after the trip, you can keep it or sell it on e-bay for probably close to what you paid for it. Renting is nice if you are going with 2 or 3 young kids and you don't have enough hands to get yourselves on the bus let alone a stroller!:rolleyes:

:goodvibes Just bring one from home see how it goes day by day. My guess is you'll use it more in the evenings than all day long. That's why my DS4 needs a lift

we are driving this year (first time in a while) and I am bringing 2 volos for DDalmost3 and DS5. I was in a panic the other day thinking I would not be able to fit them in our van along with 6 people, 2 carseats, luggage for 2 weeks, etc.

I packed the car up that afternoon and made it fit! Had to downsize some luggage but I will do laundry (which I never do on vacation) before I leave a stroller home. Disney is not a happy place with whiney little ones. I'd rather have their wheels then worry about it. Renting gets so spendy and also does not give you a stroller at resort, back and forth to buses, etc.

We buy a cheap $10 umbrella stroller from WalMart and ditch it at the resort/airport on our way home. Our kids were WAY over the height/weight limit last time and the cheap strollers lasted the entire trip no problem.

I think I am going to go w/the cheap umbrella stroller (makes me wish I didn't give my Maclaren away!!) DS will complain, but I know on a hot June Florida day - he will jump in no problem!

Thanks again!
Karen :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter