Another split stay question

Disneymooners93

Mouseketeer
We're considering DDP with an upcoming DVC stay and I know it is "all or nothing" tied to the the reservation. One of our kids (adult for meal plan) is doing a split stay with us. If we did DDP we would have two extra TS credits due to his split stay.

Is it a problem to use those two credits for another couple who will be joining us but not staying with us? I know you're not supposed to 'share' but not exactly sure what 'share' means. Given the meal credits are paid in advance, and Disney knows upfront we are paying for more total 'guest nights' that we actually will have, I would think that credits are ours to choose what to do with. I'm guessing by 'share' Disney doesn't want to have two guests use one meal credit which I see as reasonable. In our scenario we would still be one guest using one credit. Also, will our plan show three guests and thus be a problem if we try to use it for a party of four?

Not looking to cheat the system, if it is not doable I'll accept DDP is not a financial benefit this trip and we would lean toward cooking in-room or going off-site more.

Thanks,

Per official WDW dining plan policy, you may not use your dining credits to purchase meals for persons who are not on your reservation and dining plan.

I have a question that's somewhat related. We are planning a group meal (about 8) for our upcoming trip. Myself and DH are on the dining plan and the rest of the family is not. Can we use our credits to pay for our meal and the other family members pay for their meals out of pocket? Basically what I'm asking is, does Disney allow two separate tickets at the same table: one for dining plan and one for not dining plan? :confused3 We don't want to share, we just want to dine together and not everyone is on the dining plan. Thanks to anyone who can help out. :)

Yes, you can split the checks within one party between dining plan and cash payment, any way you want. Just make sure the server knows as soon as possible who's on the dining plan and who isn't, because dining plan checks are rung up differently from cash payment checks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter