Another Spinoff: NYE Dinner

NYE is an assortment of appetizers and snacks, grazing throughout the evening. There were a few occasions when we fell asleep before midnight.

I don't stay up.
Nothing special.

Sometimes we have the family over for lunch (just because that's what we do).
This year it will be on the 30th and we let everyone pick their favorite appetizer and then I fill in with some other things

The menu changes yearly with the only constant being fish and or seafood is the only protein served. Champagne is another re occurring feature.

We host a day of football and board games for extended family at our house. I have had sit down dinners to sandwiches to tacos, etc. I haven't decided what I will be serving yet this year.

Oops you said NYE; I'm talking about New Year's Day. :)

My younger brother hosts the adult children and grandchildren for a NYE party. We have appetizers / small bites with leftover Christmas cookies and candy, play games and just have fun together. In his former life he was a bar tender, so he is on point for mixed drinks. He makes an awesome mudslide, it is our BYE tradition.

The under age grandchildren have a sleepover at my parents house.

We never doing anything for NYE, haven't for years. But we did just get invited to a private party at our local bar that we go to so it looks like we'll be doing that. It will be a small gathering, maybe 20-30 people max. At around midnight, my town lowers a ball and everyone walks into the centre of town to wish each other well, kind of like they do in Europe. It's cool and we're really looking forward to it, especially since this place makes amazing cocktails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter