• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another pedophile at Disney

I wish everyone would quit being so vocal about these things when they happen. They happen everywhere all the time and I'm guessing that quite possibly the proportion is lower among Disney employees. There's no overweight to screen them out if they don't have a prior record of any type.
Tolerate, Accept, Celebrate, Participate. :sad2:

if they don't have a criminal record or a registration, how is any employer going to keep from hiring? Should Disney ask for the social media and email passwords of every prospective employee and then go through their online footprint? Even employees of national security organizations that do extensive background checks have been caught by law enforcement doing things like this.

Apparently he was doing this at home and wasn't using work-related equipment or operating criminally on his employer's property, so how would Disney have been able to catch him? That's what the police are for.

Last edited:
The thread title, “Another pedophile at Disney” seems to imply that one additional pedophile was found to be at Disney (or employed by Disney). On any given day, there are dozens of sex offenders (including pedophiles) on Disney property. Any company the size of Disney, is guaranteed to employ sex offenders (despite whatever efforts they take to avoid this). Sex offenders are all over the world so, of course, they are in Central Florida. There are more than 760,000 registered sex offenders in the United States (& many more who haven’t been reported, arrested & convicted).

So, there isn’t just one / “another” pedophile at Disney, they are everywhere, including at Disney.

For the record, I'm not blaming Disney, Disney couldn't have known and did nothing wrong, as long as they fire him they are in no way at fault...but I will NEVER be quiet about pedophiles EVER no matter where they work. Anyone who defends someone who abuses a child or suggests we should "be quiet" about them is disgusting.

For the record, I'm not blaming Disney, Disney couldn't have known and did nothing wrong, as long as they fire him they are in no way at fault...but I will NEVER be quiet about pedophiles EVER no matter where they work. Anyone who defends someone who abuses a child or suggests we should "be quiet" about them is disgusting.
i dont think anyone is disagreeing with that. Pedeophila is disgusting needs to be called out and those people should be shunned. what i dont think should happen, is try to use a situation like this to harm an employer that the pedo worked for with bad press, UNLESS they knew about it before hand.

i dont think anyone is disagreeing with that. Pedeophila is disgusting needs to be called out and those people should be shunned. what i dont think should happen, is try to use a situation like this to harm an employer that the pedo worked for with bad press, UNLESS they knew about it before hand.
I don't disagree with you at all. it's not like "Oh look Disney hires Pedophiles!" (although I'm sure some people will spin it that way) FOR ME it's more like there was a pedophile employed at Disney, people should be aware of it! (erase Disney and insert Walmart, Subway, your child's school etc) that it was at Disney isn't the issue for me. Especially because this particular individual was a bus driver, not really in a position to ever be alone with a child guest...so it's unlikely that he harmed a child in the parks but that doesn't take away from the children he did harm by viewing images of them or anything else that hasn't been reported

Directly from the CDC :

• About 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 13 boys in the United States experience child sexual abuse.
  • Someone known and trusted by the child or child’s family members, perpetrates 91% of child sexual abuse.

Sexual predators are FAR more likely to be in your life, someone you know and trust , someone at your Thanksgiving table. While I’m sorry to hear of these predatory individuals at Disney I caution people to not think it’s only strangers that are the bad guys. They are everywhere sadly.

I don't know how many of you watch the Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet, but, one of the guys from the Pheonix Animal Cops was caught in the sting. I was shocked because he was such a lovely guy on the show and you would not think of him as being that way, but, until they offend there is no way of knowing if they are or not and it can be women too, not just men.

Yes, the concern appears to be that Disney somehow ought not to have hired this man or should have caught him at it.

He was trying online to charm and then was caught at a real-life meetup with what he thought was a teen girl. It was a law enforcement sting operation.

Approaching or grooming a child as a Disney bus driver would be pretty difficult with umpteen witnesses on and off your bus, I should think.

Parents would need to watch for resort CMs seeming inappropriately friendly to children much more than a bus driver, I'd think. A resort CM would have somewhat more opportunity to charm a child and entice one to meet secretly than a transportation CM a family might see occasionally if ever again during their stay, seems to me.
So, I generally agreed with the idea that I thought people should calm down regarding the Disney connection (as people have pointed out - without a prior record, how could you know/do anything?). But as I read your post, my concern was raised a bit - I agree that there is something to watch for with resort CMs potentially (more than, for instance, someone operating an attraction) but frankly I think people should be mindful/wary in part because of the power that kids or people with vulnerabilities might associate with someone working for Disney/in a uniform. While it's rarely an issue, transportation CMs are trusted to help care for people in emergencies (to pull on another example - while flight attendants are super helpful in most of their job responsibilities, their main function is for safety). If a CM in a uniform were to suggest a kid do something like go with them, a kid might not have a great sense of stranger danger (in the way that another person might really not, in the same way, gain their trust). Just something to think about.

I don't know how many of you watch the Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet, but, one of the guys from the Pheonix Animal Cops was caught in the sting. I was shocked because he was such a lovely guy on the show and you would not think of him as being that way, but, until they offend there is no way of knowing if they are or not and it can be women too, not just men.
No offense but ... most people who commit sexual assault, pedophilia, etc aren't clearly terrible people. I hate when people make assumptions like this - it allows far too many people to get away with stuff because you wouldn't think of someone being a certain way. It's better to teach about the warning signs, have frank conversations, volunteer to support kids/the systems that help with these issues and not just assume everyone who is a problem or does something that's a problem will have a neon sign flashing!

No offense but ... most people who commit sexual assault, pedophilia, etc aren't clearly terrible people. I hate when people make assumptions like this - it allows far too many people to get away with stuff because you wouldn't think of someone being a certain way. It's better to teach about the warning signs, have frank conversations, volunteer to support kids/the systems that help with these issues and not just assume everyone who is a problem or does something that's a problem will have a neon sign flashing!
I cannot believe what you just said? I do take offence. Let's be clear, these people who commit these crimes are terrible people, just ask their victims and, especially concerning pedophiles, they have no concept that what they are doing is wrong, where rapists and abusive men (and women) are fully aware of their actions and love the feeling of control because that is what their motive is, pedophiles are sexually attracted to children and while they cannot help their actions they cannot be condoned either. No amount of sitting down and having a frank conversation will change that.

I cannot believe what you just said? I do take offence. Let's be clear, these people who commit these crimes are terrible people, just ask their victims and, especially concerning pedophiles, they have no concept that what they are doing is wrong, where rapists and abusive men (and women) are fully aware of their actions and love the feeling of control because that is what their motive is, pedophiles are sexually attracted to children and while they cannot help their actions they cannot be condoned either. No amount of sitting down and having a frank conversation will change that.
I think what was meant by that is that you can't tell they are awful just by being in their everyday presence. Most people who do these things appear "normal"

I think what was meant by that is that you can't tell they are awful just by being in their everyday presence. Most people who do these things appear "normal"
Yes, thank you. I do realize that my first sentence didn't make that clear. My issue is the "so and so seemed normal so I couldn't believe it". The frank conversations we should be having are with children about what to look for and how to report, adults about how to create safe situations for children, etc - I was not suggesting frank conversations with pedophiles (I mean - yeah, there should also be frank conversations with people who do these things because I think the more things are kept secret, the more dangerous it is - I think there may be room for some rehabilitation but honestly I don't know nearly enough about recidivism, etc to have an informed opinion and I think - and have had to deal with this professionally - the safest possibility is setting really clear boundaries about what people can do/can't do in terms of being around children or other people who are vulnerable).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter