Another Men's Fashion Farce

I wouldn't care if guys wore a dozen baseball caps all pointing in different directions.

It is interesting to see that some guys worry about fashion though.

My dad still wears a hat backwards sometimes and I think it's cute. Doesn't bother me on anyone!

DH wears a lot of hats but I've never seen him wear one backwards - thankfully. Way less offensive than jorts, though!

I respectfully disagree with your stance on backwards baseball hats.

I will admit, my fiance is 32, does not read GQ, and was not a frat boy.

However, I think he looks good with the backwards baseball hat. I can't really explain why.

I have never seen him in jorts but I did have to have a discussion with him about why he was not allowed to wear socks with his Teva's in my presence. In his defense, they are this style:

6148-TKCF_1.jpg

I still said he was not permitted to wear socks in my presence or I would not claim him.

I can't pull off wearing a baseball cap - forwards or backwards!

Although unlike Jorts or crew socks, I think the backwards cap depends on the guy wearing it.

I'll agree with PP that wearing a baseball cap with the brim in the back is something you only do when it's necessary to accomplish something useful. (I'll cut some slack for soldiers who used to wear their issue baseball cap backwards under their steel pots, but the new helmets pretty much ended that.)

But I wonder... If a woman wears an adjustable baseball cap with the bill to the back, does she pull her ponytail out through the front?

I'm not a man, but a "rally hat" during a baseball game when your team is behind is always in vogue no matter your age or gender.

I'm not a man, but a "rally hat" during a baseball game when your team is behind is always in vogue no matter your age or gender.

I am a man, but I'd never heard of a rally hat until you mentioned it. Odd custom.

"This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs."

Ok, my wife doesn't like some of my fashion choices, but even I know this is wrong!
Sounds like WalMart, LOL!!!!!!

I respectfully disagree with your stance on backwards baseball hats.

I will admit, my fiance is 32, does not read GQ, and was not a frat boy.

However, I think he looks good with the backwards baseball hat. I can't really explain why.

I have never seen him in jorts but I did have to have a discussion with him about why he was not allowed to wear socks with his Teva's in my presence. In his defense, they are this style:

6148-TKCF_1.jpg

I still said he was not permitted to wear socks in my presence or I would not claim him.

Why not just wear a sneaker?

It's like those peep-toe boots women wear. I don't get it.

I am a man, but I'd never heard of a rally hat until you mentioned it. Odd custom.
Really? Maybe it's a midwestern thing. Rally hats are worn backwards and even inside out to show that you are rooting extra hard for your team to come back from behind.

My DH doesn't own a single baseball cap and I am 100% okay with that. Here in FL, I know too many guys who wear the same hat, 24/7...grimy, stained, weather-beaten, it doesn't matter, they won't remove it. My SIL's ex-husband even kept his on during their wedding. Classy!

Why not just wear a sneaker?

It's like those peep-toe boots women wear. I don't get it.

I don't know. I told him that technically those were water shoes and weren't meant to be worn with socks and if he was going to wear socks why not just wear tennis shoes.

He gave me a funny look and said they were pretty comfortable but he was concerned about blisters if he walked in them for too long and the socks would prevent that.

If he is wearing them in Disney World with all that walking I can almost see his point but still, why would you not just wear tennis shoes?

Men. I don't get them. :confused3

The only other time that it is ok to do it other than those mentioned is in 1995

That is just too funny. It was 2 years ago, we were at a high school football game and our friends son, 16, who was doing the exact same thing. I yelled at him and when he looked at me I made the motion of grabbing the brim of the cap at the back of your head and twisting it to the front. He just looked at me with a blank look on his face and went back to shielding his face with his hand.

His mom chucked and said he has no clue. Told her watch this. So I got up, knocked his shielding hand outta the way and turned it myself. He first got a shocked look on his face, then the "light through yonder window" look came across his face as he reached up and better settled the hat on his head in the proper postion for a ball cap.

His mom just about peed herself waching his face. Said it was priceless when the Duh moment hit him that that brim on the front of the hat actually has a functioning purpose.

Really? Maybe it's a midwestern thing. Rally hats are worn backwards and even inside out to show that you are rooting extra hard for your team to come back from behind.

Nope not just a mid-western thing but the proper rally cap must also be worn inside out. :thumbsup2

You should watch some college softball next spring. Now those women have some great rally traditions. It's loads of fun! :dance3:
College baseball has some too, but it's more toned down, usually just funny ways of wearing a cap.

I've never heard of a rally hat either. A rally squirrel, yes, but not as rally hat.

Wait, you saw a guy wearing Crocs but decided to post about the baseball cap?

;)

I think Crocs have been discussed here before, and the backwards Yankees cap seemed to be a bigger sin at the time. I'm sure Red Sox fans will agree, since the Sox lost to the Yankees at Fenway that day, something like 13-8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter