Another Look at the DPP v. DxDPP

aljack33

Mouseketeer
I am going back and forth trying to decide between the regular DP or the Deluxe and it finally hit me. When I widdle our meals down to fit the regular DP, I get rid of half of our sit down dinners and have half character breakfast buffets and half either character dinners or sit downs.

SO, if i do the regular DP, I am not really making good use of the plan because I am using it for the cheaper breakfast buffets.

I think the Deluxe would be the way to go on a dining plan if you plan on doing a bunch of character breakfasts. Anyone see what I am saying?

We came to the same conclusion.

We looked at our usage, and every day we were either at a 2 TS Signature restaurant or did a 1 TS signature dinner and a 1 TS signature lunch or breakfast. So every day was at least 2 TS, and we ended up spending a lot out of pocket.

So for us, DxDDP will fit perfectly.

It sounds like it'll be a boon to you folks, too!

We came to the same conclusion. On the standard plan, you do have to think about the value-per-credit. The deluxe plan is much more of a "no brainer" if it fits how you want to eat, even if how you want to eat involves character breakfasts or lunches at "cheap" TS like the Plaza and Beaches & Cream. Our DxDDP itinerary is mostly character breakfasts or lighter TS lunches and signature dinners, and after running the numbers, I figure we'll come out about $500 ahead over 11 nights. Plus there is the priceless aspect of never having to think about menu prices!

We are on a roll! The mods would be so proud of us! (a dining thread we are agreeing on) I couldn't even consider using the reg DDP. I almost didn't consider using the deluxe.....until I did the math. We are coming out more than $300 for 5 days

The DxDDP is also going to work great for us. I have two boys who are going to be 12 and 10 when we go. They are so excited about getting adult meals. They are bottomless pits!! The kids meals never filled them up, and I always ended up buying extra CS meals for them to share. I also have twins who will be 5 when we go.

Last year I spent money buying extra bottles of water or ice cream when they got thirsty or hot. I also spent money at the resort on drinks and snacks. Now they each get two snacks to use and a mug to use at the resort.

Thank you so much for the responses. I was hoping people would see my point and agree. My DD wants to do Beaches and Cream for sure and Husband ESPN For sure. So on the regular, we would pay for OOP because those wouldn't be good uses of the DP. I just think the Deluxe plan will work better for us. We may not even use all our credits, but I still think we will come out ahead.

Last trip we went, we used the regular DP and we paid probably an extra $50 for DD snacks and an extra fry or something. With the Deluxe, that will eliminate all of that. Like I said, we may not use the full 30 credits that we get, but moneywise, I bet we still come out ahead with the way we plan to use the plan.

we, too, are planning to go w/the DxDDP 'cause it fits how we eat... we really enjoy our big breakfast in the morning and then snacks thru the day and a nicer dinner at night... we've been to HDDR a number of times and always love going back and have been hankering to see SoA but have been hesitant to go oop or "spend" our limited credits on it, so the DxDDP will give us all that and more! my kids will probably be most psyched about the mugs! oh, and if we go during F&W Fest (as is our plan) those snack credits will come in mighty handy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter