Another Kid oriented Restaurant

PrincessTrisha

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I am helping (well, that's an understatement) my friend plan her trip with Free Dining in September (12 nights). It's her, her mom, and her 4 kids (14 year old girl who went with me Dec 05, 9 year old boy, 5 year old girl and 4 year old girl - the last 3 have never been).

Here is the restaurants that I booked for them so far. She wants it heavy on the character dining (although she says she not thrilled with buffets - too bad, can't have it all!).

The only one I'm really not happy with is the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood and Vine - I tried for Mama Melrose but it's booked up for that night (and the other night they are at DHS).

Can I have a few suggestions on other places (perferably either in DHS, or a resort) that might suit her and her kids. She's got a car so where doesn't matter - but maybe not a buffet (if possible) and when to fit it in.

thanks everyone! :banana:
September:
20th - arrive in evening - no table service booked
21st - 4:10pm - Prime Time Cafe (DHS)
22nd - 11:20am - Princess Storybook Dining (Epcot)
23rd - 4:50pm - Tusker House
24th - 2:10pm - Crystal Palace
25th - 5:00pm - 1900 Park Faire
26th - 10:00am - Ohana breakfast
26th - 6:20pm - Boma
27th - No table service booked (AK this day)
28th - 3:50pm - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package
29th - 2:30pm - Cinderella's Royal Table
30th - 5:20pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe
October 1st - 5:15pm - Chef Mickey's
October 2nd - departure day - no table service booked

I like 50's.. is there something about it (like potential embarrassment) that you don't like?

It gets my vote because it is not a buffet, it is the best restaurant in MGM (I refuse to call it DHS!) and no travelling!

I think Hollywood and Vine is better than Mama Melroses. There is a lot of variety of foods to choose from, great desserts, and kid friendly items. My kids like the sci fi diner but I'm not sure that they offer the fantasmic package with that.

She has 50's on her list. Its listed as Prime Time. Hmmm think about Sci-Fi. I know many people bash the food, but the kids would probably like it.

ps.. I continue to call it MGM too... I can't even remember the new name.

Too bad you can't get MM for Fantasmic; we do not like H&V after two horrible visits. I would rather skip the package. We were there in September and, although crowded, we got seats in the middle section walking in 30 minutes before showtime. How about Sci Fi or a counter service that day and then perhaps a lunch or dinner at Epcot? I see the only one you have booked at Epcot is the Princess lunch in Norway (we weren't crazy about it--it was just fair).

I'm concerned that Sci Fi might be a little much for the 4 & 5 year old (and even the 9 year old - he loves roller coasters but "scary" stuff bothers him).

The Norway dining is strictly for the Princesses - I've warned her about the food and showed her a menu. They are only doing 1 day in Epcot because she doesn't think her kids will like it that much (but she has a couple of open park days at the end so they can always go back there but I don't want to book meals in Epcot on those days in case they decide not to go back there).

Am I missing any good character meals - her focus is not so much the food but the experiences?

Other than that - what about Yak and Yeti? There's a day in AK I don't have a TS planned for them. Or a fun resort restaurant that I haven't considered?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter