• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another death at Disney

I respectfully submit that if you find the topic not to your liking simply just just don't click on it. It really isn't that difficult. Let the poor girl ask a question to others who share her interest. Thanks ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

TDC Nala said:
Please make that "pray"... since you're a lawyer (I'm one too).

ok well umm wow, and what is that suppose to mean, being a lawyer is not impressive, you are just a person like everyone else, and if you called your little spell check a way to point out human flaw, i accept critism because i am not perfect and judgemental so thanks for the correction. Have a disney day

Why open a thread entitled Another Death at Disney if you're tired of hearing about people dying at Disney? :confused3 Miranda did NOTHING wrong or offensive and didn't deserve any of this.

Hi HappyLawyer,

I think the comment about "prey" wasn't a comment on your typo or spelling error (at least I didn't take it that way!) I think it was a comment that if you used the word prey in the sentence you wrote it would have a very different meaning. Actually the typo made me laugh because I come from a family of lawyers and it sounded like a lawyer joke. ;) :goodvibes What do you think?

Boardwalk Tigger said:
Hi HappyLawyer,

I think the comment about "prey" wasn't a comment on your typo or spelling error (at least I didn't take it that way!) I think it was a comment that if you used the word prey in the sentence you wrote it would have a very different meaning. Actually the typo made me laugh because I come from a family of lawyers and it sounded like a lawyer joke. ;) :goodvibes What do you think?

I agree. I think it was meant as a joke. What you put did make me laugh, HappyLawyer. That was quite witty if you did it on purpose! :rotfl:

I too thought that the use of "prey" was intentional in that post - because the poster was a lawyer. I also thought that the person replying was just giving a nod to the joke. It didn't seem malicious.

no believe me, i did not take it as a joke, i know my spelling is off at times, i did not mean to prey as in to prey on animals, i meant pray as in concern, but in typing i mispelled. A few years ago, i had surgery and something was left inside me so after many operations and being on meds for years i honestly think it made an impact of some of my functions and my spelling is off at times, too bad there is no spell and grammer check here then it might have corrected me.

Boardwalk Tigger said:
Hi HappyLawyer,

I think i cannot spell

Sorry, Happy Lawyer. I often have typos too. However, not everyone is as fortunate to have a typo that appears as a witty play on words. Mine usually just look stupid! No worries :goodvibes - And you are so right, we all could benefit from a spell check on these boards. Have a great day. :sunny:

Lorelai said:
Sorry, Happy Lawyer. I often have typos too. However, not everyone is as fortunate to have a typo that appears as a witty play on words. Mine usually just look stupid! No worries :goodvibes - And you are so right, we all could benefit from a spell check on these boards. Have a great day. :sunny:

I totally agree!!!

Happy Lawyer, you have a legitamate excuse for not spelling good (sorry you had such a bad experience), I have no excuse. I am just a bad speller and typist! I have to re-read what I have written about 5 times before I hit the submit button. Sometimes I even have to change a whole sentence just so I do not have to use a word that I am not sure how to spell ( I hope that made sense). I am also too lazy to look it up in the dictionary. Spell check is a great idea. :blush:

HappyLawyer said:
too bad there is no spell and grammer check here then it might have corrected me.

I use my email program to spell check for me. I cut and paste into it, spell check and then cut and paste back into the DIS reply window. Of course, it wouldn't catch homonyms (and yes, I had to spell-check that word!).

Why can't we all just get along :)

C'mon everyone :grouphug:

I say thanks to everyone who gave some usefull info in the posts, and Miranda Danda your pics are cool too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter