Another DAS Question

shannonstar

StarGirlJapp
Sorry in advance.

My DS will be 4 when we go on our trip this Thanksgiving. He will be tall enough for everything except RR (or other things we don't care about).

We are planning to go to MK right away on arrival day to set up our DAS. He is somewhat verbal (say milk, but not I'm thirsty), but tends to be a runner, climber, screamer, etc. If we can't see the ride he will likely be fine. If he can see it while we are in line, he will freak out.

Is it unrealistic to ask for a stroller as a wheelchair pass and return times instead of waiting in the long lines? He won't be upset if we don't get in line right away, but I can see getting a time for the Mine Train and then playing at Casey's Train for awhile as a workable plan for example.

His older brother is 14 and I don't want his trip to revolve around his brother's needs so we are trying to make it as easy for all as possible.

if your child needs special access like the one provided by Disney, by all means do get DAS you don't need to use it on every single ride only for the ones you know your child can't handle

Is it unrealistic to ask for a stroller as a wheelchair pass and return times instead of waiting in the long lines?

These are 2 different accommodations, and you'll have to explain his NEEDS for each. They aren't necessarily given together, though may be depending on needs; if the stroller-as-wheelchair will solve the need, the DAS will not be issued. As a start, I suggest you think about his experiences in a standard queue environment. You can also try a park for a bit and then go to Guest Relations to discuss your experiences.

Here is a thread that explains the DAS at WDW: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wd...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Enjoy your vacation!

I agree with lanejudy on thinking about what he needs are in line and how a DAS will help him. The DAS lets you get in the FP line after waiting your time now he there are a number of rides that you will not see the ride in the normal line up until well past the merge point of the ride ( were you will be with the DAS card) before you see the ride it self then depending on what ride you are in you will still have a 5-10 minute wait. ( like at BTMRR) just to give you a reads up on this.

These are 2 different accommodations, and you'll have to explain his NEEDS for each. They aren't necessarily given together, though may be depending on needs; if the stroller-as-wheelchair will solve the need, the DAS will not be issued. As a start, I suggest you think about his experiences in a standard queue environment. You can also try a park for a bit and then go to Guest Relations to discuss your experiences.

Here is a thread that explains the DAS at WDW: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wd...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Enjoy your vacation!

I realize they are two different accommodations. I was just thinking about how we had to park the stroller at Fantasyland last time and walk around either carrying him or chasing him. At 18 months, this wasn't so bad, at 4 it will be.

I realize they are two different accommodations.

OK, I just wanted to make sure you were aware these are 2 different things, and depending on the needs stated in your request, one or the other may not be granted. Sounds like you have it under control :)

Enjoy your vacation!

Sorry in advance.

My DS will be 4 when we go on our trip this Thanksgiving. He will be tall enough for everything except RR (or other things we don't care about).

We are planning to go to MK right away on arrival day to set up our DAS. He is somewhat verbal (say milk, but not I'm thirsty), but tends to be a runner, climber, screamer, etc. If we can't see the ride he will likely be fine. If he can see it while we are in line, he will freak out.

Is it unrealistic to ask for a stroller as a wheelchair pass and return times instead of waiting in the long lines? He won't be upset if we don't get in line right away, but I can see getting a time for the Mine Train and then playing at Casey's Train for awhile as a workable plan for example.

His older brother is 14 and I don't want his trip to revolve around his brother's needs so we are trying to make it as easy for all as possible.

Using DAS, wheelchair tag on stroller, and three prebooked FP+, hopefully you won't have to worry about too many long lines. Also, plan on getting there a bit before park opening and have a solid plan for attractions. You can get a lot done in the first hour if you have a good plan!

They have granted multiple accommodations in the past. I don't think they will give you any hard time. Also, buildings strollers are not allowed in, like in EPCOT ... No way could you carry a 4 year old child around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter