• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Discounts

Orbitz is about $15 better per night on the room for our March trip, but I lose Deluxe Dining. Soooo, keeping the fingers crossed for a decent PIN or 35% FL Resident discounts as the date approaches.

We're going in March too! Where are you staying?

With this discount we are considering splitting our stay and doing a couple of nights at YC. Never stayed there, though so I'm nervous about the outdated rooms. We've been to the BC but for some reason the discount at BC is only 20% and YC is 30% :(

We are currently at Pop. Just a quick 3 nights for mom and I. Currently we just have the general public discount but if I can get an AP discount to make it even cheaper, or to upgrade to a moderate for minimal cost, we likely will.

Are there any tricks to using Orbitz to find good deals, or do you just do a regular search on your dates? Thanks!

I usually just keep checking their website. You'll often see them in a banner across the top or something. That and Retail Me Not . com is good too, type Orbitz in there and it should pop up with any available discounts.

HOTEL10 currently gets you 10% off on stays through 3/31/16.

Ouch! Just checked for a possible March trip and yikes what a terrible combination of increased room rates and decreased discounts.

Random question some of you may be able to answer:

I did not originally have any 2016 trips planned so I was not renewing my pass that expired in September 2015 and for our November trip I instead purchased a hopper.

My mom and I decided to go in March. I now have a 7 day hopper for November that I intend to upgrade to an AP (will save me a little, but we'll also get discounts and Memory Maker out of it). Although I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier before the increases went into effect.

I remember being able to book a room only AP last year with no issues. Now any time I click on room only discounts for AP it's prompting me to purchase a pass. Since I haven't done that yet (will upgrade on our trip in 3 weeks), am I not able to book an AP room until I have an actual AP? I always thought you could even if you did not yet have an AP, but perhaps I'm wrong. My fiance also has one and that is currently active and it won't let me book.

I have no problem waiting the 3 weeks until I physically exchange my hopper for an AP, but I thought I'd ask.

I was able to book the room only AP discount and I don't have a pass yet. You just have to have it purchased by the time of check in.

Random question some of you may be able to answer:

I did not originally have any 2016 trips planned so I was not renewing my pass that expired in September 2015 and for our November trip I instead purchased a hopper.

My mom and I decided to go in March. I now have a 7 day hopper for November that I intend to upgrade to an AP (will save me a little, but we'll also get discounts and Memory Maker out of it). Although I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier before the increases went into effect.

I remember being able to book a room only AP last year with no issues. Now any time I click on room only discounts for AP it's prompting me to purchase a pass. Since I haven't done that yet (will upgrade on our trip in 3 weeks), am I not able to book an AP room until I have an actual AP? I always thought you could even if you did not yet have an AP, but perhaps I'm wrong. My fiance also has one and that is currently active and it won't let me book.

I have no problem waiting the 3 weeks until I physically exchange my hopper for an AP, but I thought I'd ask.
Pretty sure you will have to call them and they can give you the AP discount over the phone. They will tell you to make sure you have your AP when you check in.

Thanks! I just chatted with someone on the website and she said the same thing. I don't know why I swear I could view them in the past. But I did have an AP so that's probably why. ;)

Orbitz is about $15 better per night on the room for our March trip, but I lose Deluxe Dining. Soooo, keeping the fingers crossed for a decent PIN or 35% FL Resident discounts as the date approaches.

Don't think I have seen a FL discount beyond the AP one. At least not for the last few years. Pretty sure they also share the same room pool to pull from.

Had booked a BC/Poly split when the Visa discounts came out. I did wind up knocking almost $100 off the BC portion with the AP discount, nothing but Club left at Poly so I'm glad I took the GP discount when I did. I can't get over that the same two hotels in July cost a fraction of what they are costing us in January, and VERY little availability for any deluxe resorts during our week (Jan 9th-16th). Definitely was hoping for more.

I know! The difference in room prices between last July and next February is terrible. We had AKL for $191 in July. With the AP rate in Feb, lowest available is $317 for the very same room. $126 more per night, in less than one year. That is a massive jump.

I know! The difference in room prices between last July and next February is terrible. We had AKL for $191 in July. With the AP rate in Feb, lowest available is $317 for the very same room. $126 more per night, in less than one year. That is a massive jump.

Agreed! I thought summer was supposed to be "peak"?! We paid $319/night for Beach Club Pool View and then got the awesome rate of $285 for a Poly DVC studio for July. Now for January we are looking at about $400+/night avg. I get marathon weekend is a big event, but the rest?? If it wasn't for our AP's expiring on the 15th without plans to renew I would be seriously considering cancelling this trip.

Agreed! I thought summer was supposed to be "peak"?! We paid $319/night for Beach Club Pool View and then got the awesome rate of $285 for a Poly DVC studio for July. Now for January we are looking at about $400+/night avg. I get marathon weekend is a big event, but the rest?? If it wasn't for our AP's expiring on the 15th without plans to renew I would be seriously considering cancelling this trip.

The rates are painful, but I hope you will still enjoy your trip. We are doing a value resort (Pop) this winter because I don't want to spend a fortune and I plan to go back at least two more times before our APs expire. I am a little sad thinking we may not get to stay at AKL again. Such a nice resort. I'd love to renew our APs, but not sure. I like variety and don't want to always have to stay value.

The rates are painful, but I hope you will still enjoy your trip. We are doing a value resort (Pop) this winter because I don't want to spend a fortune and I plan to go back at least two more times before our APs expire. I am a little sad thinking we may not get to stay at AKL again. Such a nice resort. I'd love to renew our APs, but not sure. I like variety and don't want to always have to stay value.

Thanks! I know we will have a blast, but it does sting a bit! and I hear you, I keep pricing out Lower cost options, but keep justifying it with the fact that we rented points Jan '15, got the good deals July '15, the AP's have long been paid for, used miles for almost all of the airfare, so might as well bite the bullet and splurge this trip, right?! My hubs calls that women's math ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter