• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Renewals - Policy Change! (Updated 8/25)

If DVC discounted APs are not included, then I'll just have to let this one expire and then get a new one next year, since there is more than 12 months between trips (making a 12-month renewal a complete waste).

I'll wait and see until the policy becomes "the new normal" at WDW. Right now, there could be misinformation floating around amongst CMs. We've all had experiences where we've talked to one CM or another and they've told us something we know to be wrong.

Actually, more than 4 months between renewal and next trip is kind of a waste since you'll be "losing" those 4 "free" months; The discount on the price only covers one month of use and now you get a bonus 3 months free. The only thing that might make it worth while is if you have 3+ trips later in that time period.

Great news, though it leaves me with an interesting problem. Our APs expire 5/21/10, we were planning to renew to the downgraded Seasonal Pass. With the 15 month extension we would extend to 8/21/11, meaning that most of the three month extension would be in the blackout dates. We were planning our vacation to start 5/22/10, for a week, and renew on day 1 of the vacation. Now we will be tempted to renew to an standard AP rather than a seasonal, to take full advantage of the 3 month extension in 2011. That temptation may be too good to pass up, but I was looking forward to just paying for a seasonal renewal next year...what to do, what to do...:confused3

Actually, more than 4 months between renewal and next trip is kind of a waste since you'll be "losing" those 4 "free" months; The discount on the price only covers one month of use and now you get a bonus 3 months free. The only thing that might make it worth while is if you have 3+ trips later in that time period.

Those are good points, but in our case beginning next year we'll be traveling to WDW only once every 12 months (that is, every December) for the following few years. So we would only expect to get one use out of our APs. With the 15-month renewal, we wouldn't have a gap and could get the renewal price, saving nearly $50 per person.

(The reason an AP makes sense for us is that we stay for 2 weeks at a time.)

If I'm understanding this correctly, and if the promo is still going on when my AP expires 5/4/2010, the renewal would get me through 8/4/2011, is that right? I could easily get three or four trips in during that period :goodvibes

I was just told by both the reg ticket # and DVC that DVC Ap's do NOT apply to this promotion!!!! Any ideas, our expiration 30 days grace is today

Well someone over on the DVC boards posted that they turned in their AP voucher last night and got the 3 extra months....15 months.:goodvibes

My brother and his wife as well as my mother did this over the weekend and got the extra months. They had bought their FL AP Renewal vouchers before they went from our local AAA and got the extra months.

Well Shoot! I just renewed my Florida Annual Pass the end of May and so didn't get this offer. I hope they keep it in effect for an entire year so I can get this benefit too or extend the date on the one I have. Does anyone know if they will indeed extend expiration dates for those who already renewed????

Well Shoot! I just renewed my Florida Annual Pass the end of May and so didn't get this offer. I hope they keep it in effect for an entire year so I can get this benefit too or extend the date on the one I have. Does anyone know if they will indeed extend expiration dates for those who already renewed????

From the original post, your AP has to expire 8/2/09 or after.

From the original post, your AP has to expire 8/2/09 or after.

I do hope they'll run this promo for a full year as doesn't seem fair to only offer to those whose expiration dates fall within a certain window. Jus Sayin....... :-D

We've been looking for some confirmation on the disney website or something, anyone have a link to it? We believe it - so many have reported getting it, we just want all of our ducks in a row so when we call we can get it.

Also, on the DVC website it says you can only renew 30 days before it expires, but I see several people have said they renewed before the rates went up and then turned in their voucher after 8/2 to get the benefit. So you can renew any time?

Thanks

I checked with ticketing and DVC Member-priced APs and Charter APs are included in this offer. The only ones which are not included are the Epcot After 4:00, WaterParks and Disney Quest.

My AP expires in a few days and if I renew now I will receive a 15-month renewal? Will that information be confirmed on the Passholder's site if I renew online?

Guess I will have to think this one out...the kids have APs that will expire around May 25 2010; however, we had planned to skip Disney next summer since we are cruising during the year. We will go again in May/June of 2011.
By purchasing a renewal next year, their APs would be extended through summer of 2011. The reduced cost of renewals plus DVC discount for them might make it worth it--even though the renewed AP would expire by end of August 2011. Will have compare that price vs a PH ticket for them.

Does anyone know the current cost of a DVC AP renewal and the cost of a new DVC AP?

Does anyone know the current cost of a DVC AP renewal and the cost of a new DVC AP?

According to allears.net

new:
a-414.29
c-366.36
renewal:
a-366.36
c-323.76

these prices include tax. wdwinfo.com has the info w/o tax.

Any speculation on if the 3 month extension is going to be a permanent new incentive? That would be awesome if it were since we usually DON'T renew...even though we get new APs every year, we don't usually over lap the last trip where we would be able to renew.

I just saw this. We renewed our AP (DVC member) this past May. Are we able to extend the 3 months, or is it too late?

Check Post #18 of the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this forum. You can get directly to the sticky by clicking on the link in my signature.

Any speculation on if the 3 month extension is going to be a permanent new incentive? That would be awesome if it were since we usually DON'T renew...even though we get new APs every year, we don't usually over lap the last trip where we would be able to renew.
There is always speculation about everything. This policy was only announced July 30. That was just a week ago. But the notice did not give any ending date but did say that the dates could change without notice.

I just saw this. We renewed our AP (DVC member) this past May. Are we able to extend the 3 months, or is it too late?
The policy said "Effective August 2, 2009", as well as saying renewal had to be within 30 days on either side of expiration, which kind of gives a hint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter