annual pass question - only two adults

Angiepea

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first holiday without children, it will be a joint 40th present to ourselves. Love the planning bit as much as the holiday itself!! :cool1:
So my question is, is it worth getting 1 annual pass for a two week holiday, bearing in mind we are from the UK and will not be visiting agian within that year. We are ( or should I say I ) hoping to stay at the animal kingdom lodge for at least 7 nights and another disney hotel, undecided yet. We cant go until late July, because i work in a school and have set holidays. We also enjoy the disney dinning experience. So with the discounts we would get I am wondering if it would be the best way to go. :confused3
In total we are hoping to stay around 18 nights with 3 -4 nights in a universal hotel.
so what do you think guys would it be worth it?

Angiepea -
Purchasing an annual pass does have it's advantages and in some cases can be cheaper then if you purchase tickets at the gate.
I can speak from experience ... last October I purchased an annual pass for the first time; I was there for apporoximately 7 days. I am using it again next month. Having an annual pass is good because you can basically come and go as you please and you don't have to worry about wasting a day. I feel that I have more then gotten my worth on my annual pass. Plus, when you become an annual pass holder they offer you special discounts on hotels/food .... Just out of curiosity, have you gone to a travel agent to see what they can offer? Not sure if you were aware, but Disney offers what is know as a length of stay pass, which means that they will create a pass for how many days you will be visiting.
Hope this helps! ::MickeyMo

Hi
thanks for replying.
Yes I know about the length of stay pass, used one of them back in '96' when we stayed onsite for 3 weeks.
We are really going to treat ourselves this time, I want to wake up on my birthday morning and see the animals on the savanah, so will be spending some time there. Then I wanted to experience another disney hotel which we are undecided yet. 3 of our nights will be spent at the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel. But looking at the discounts, I feel it could well be worth it.
Angie

Angie -

I thought there was a special 14 day ticket for our UK friends visiting WDW which may be less expensive than an annual pass. I believe you have to get it from a UK ticket broker or travel agent.

Good Luck!

PPF :jester:

You can get either a 14-day or 21-day pass which includes entrance to everything, all theme parks, water parks, DQ, PI, etc. which is cheaper than an annual pass and might be the way to go if you know you will not be back within the year.

If you sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter, they always have ads in that newsletter for DiscountOrlandoVacations who offer good deals on these two types of tickets. You can purchase them in advance with a credit card and they will mail them to you via FedEx to the UK, or you can have them delivered to your hotel. We had them sent to Denmark last year and received prompt and efficient service.

We loved the flexibility of popping in and out of the different places whenever we wanted.

I think you may also find them via the Virgin vacations website in the UK.

You don't get all the extra discounts associated with the annual passes, but you will save money. And if you wanted the water parks and DQ, they are much cheaper than the premium annual pass.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter