• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annoying coworkers

I have one. She is a nice person, but too nice! For one thing, and this is management's fault, not hers, she doesn't know how to do the job. She was hired for accounts receivable. I don't think she had ANY experience with computers, didn't even know how to send an email when she started. She's been here a year this month. She is constantly asking two other ladies for help, I mean, constantly. It annoys me for them. I don't know why it bothers me so much, it just does. When they finish helping her with whatever, she thanks them profusely, over, and over, and over again. Thank you soooooo much! God bless you! I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you soooooo, sooooo much! Ugh, I want to rip my ears off. She's always bringing in candy and treats to give out, I think, because she knows she bugs everyone so much.

We have a Debbie Downer in the office. She could win the lottery and somehow it would cause her misery. No one has it as bad as her, I don't know how she can turn everything negative! No positivily at all. I don't understand how any one can have such a sour outlook on every aspect of their life.
Now, I may be a little (okay, maybe a lot, LOL) like the women with the grandchildren. I will show you all kinds of pictures and talk about the cute thing they did yesterday. I can't help it, they are my world! I love my children, but oh my, the love I have for my grandchildren is like no other. We have a special bond and they tell me EVERYTHING! Secrets stay with Nana, lol. There are no rules at my house. Cupcakes for breakfast - of course. I spoil them rotten, but isn't that what grandma's do?

I have one. She is a nice person, but too nice! For one thing, and this is management's fault, not hers, she doesn't know how to do the job. She was hired for accounts receivable. I don't think she had ANY experience with computers, didn't even know how to send an email when she started. She's been here a year this month. She is constantly asking two other ladies for help, I mean, constantly. It annoys me for them. I don't know why it bothers me so much, it just does. When they finish helping her with whatever, she thanks them profusely, over, and over, and over again. Thank you soooooo much! God bless you! I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you soooooo, sooooo much! Ugh, I want to rip my ears off. She's always bringing in candy and treats to give out, I think, because she knows she bugs everyone so much.
She didn't know how to send an email! Woah. Did she have any office experience?

Said friend/coworker just has one grandchild who lives with her along with the child's daughter. Never back in the day did friend talked about her kids this much.
Friday morning meeting was solid 15-20 minutes chatter between these two ladies about the grandchildren's Halloween costumes/activities.
And again on Monday morning - at least 15 minutes complete with photos being shared.
And again this morning...

Now it should be our supervisor at the meetings kind of wrapping up that chatter and getting back on track but she doesn't. And these 2 just seem to think we want to hear everyday every little cute story.
Ugh! I'd be climbing the walls. I think that's so unprofessional and rude. But then again, I rarely find most people's stories about the things their kids/grandkids say or do as cute/adorable/funny as they do. I'm polite and listen, smile at appropriate times and say complimentary stuff because they're nice people and I don't want to hurt their feelings, but inside, I'm all:
:bored:🥱😴

Last edited:

Ugh! I'd be climbing the walls. I think that's so unprofessional and rude. But then again, I rarely find most people's stories about the things their kids/grandkids say or do as cute/adorable/funny as they do. I'm polite and listen, smile at appropriate times and say complimentary stuff because they're nice people and I don't want to hurt their feelings, but inside, I'm all:
:bored::offtopic:😴
This. One is a friend outside work so I do want to hear some. But not daily reports about potty training, daycare issues, etc.

Reactions: shh
For one thing, and this is management's fault, not hers, she doesn't know how to do the job. She was hired for accounts receivable. I don't think she had ANY experience with computers, didn't even know how to send an email when she started. She's been here a year this month. She is constantly asking two other ladies for help, I mean, constantly.

Those constantly being asked to informally train their co-worker should be talking to their boss to let them know. Perhaps the boss doesn't realize the person lacks the skills needed for the job they are being asked to do. I certainly wouldn't be constantly training someone else if that wasn't my role. Sounds like that employee needs to be placed in a job more suitable to their skill level and/or provided official training by the company.

Those constantly being asked to informally train their co-worker should be talking to their boss to let them know. Perhaps the boss doesn't realize the person lacks the skills needed for the job they are being asked to do. I certainly wouldn't be constantly training someone else if that wasn't my role. Sounds like that employee needs to be placed in a job more suitable to their skill level and/or provided official training by the company.
We had a woman like this once. She refused to take any notes when she was training and she couldn’t remember what she was taught without them. It got so annoying that I took the time to write step by step manuals (with screen captures and all) for every job in the department, and made sure she got copies of the ones relevant to her position. It helped a lot. I never understood her unwillingness to take notes. I take copious notes when I start a new job just so I won’t have to bug anyone else.

She didn't know how to send an email! Woah. Did she have any office experience?

Nope! I heard she worked at an antique store before this. She doesn't really know anything about wifi or the internet either. She has to be my backup every 4th week, on phones/radio. I've shown her our website, and I know the other ladies have too, for when she gets customer calls, almost anything they ask, the answer can be found on our website. She'll put the person on hold, and run and ask someone else.

Nope! I heard she worked at an antique store before this. She doesn't really know anything about wifi or the internet either. She has to be my backup every 4th week, on phones/radio. I've shown her our website, and I know the other ladies have too, for when she gets customer calls, almost anything they ask, the answer can be found on our website. She'll put the person on hold, and run and ask someone else.
Good grief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter