Anna and Elsa Returning to Epcot?

:mic: Personally, I'm one of those in the small crowd of Disney fans who just doesn't "get" all the hype over Frozen; it's not a bad flick by any measure, but I think Disney has done better over the last several years.

That said, I can see how a Frozen overlay to parts of the Norway pavilion could work. Yes, the film takes place in Arendale, not Norway, but I think most folks get the idea it's Scandinavian in location, culture, etc.

The Norway Pavilion offers the best opportunity for a successful introduction of Disney's latest Princesses-du-jour into EPCOT. Would you rather see them at Mission Space, or perhaps the Land? :confused3

Look to the Three Cabelleros overlay in Mexico. I know, some might hate it, but I think it provided a fresh look to an old favorite that was getting a bit long in the tooth. And, even adding Nemo and Friends to old Sea Base Alpha seemed to work out; at least we got the clam-shell ride back!

As I said, I'm not a "Frozen-head," but I think the addition of another meet & greet and a well-handled overlay on the Maelstrom has the potential to make me want to visit the pavilion again.
:mic: <soap-box mode: off>
Disney's not real good about that sort of thing when it comes to Norway. Akershus has princesses from all over the place so that theming has already disappeared.

I'd love to see Anna and Elsa at the Norway pavilion - where they belong, in the character meal! ::yes::

Instead of the random princesses they have now, they should have Anna and Elsa and Rapunzel - with Christof and Eugene, perhaps - and *then* add visiting princesses. How have they not done this yet? *Three* princesses in one movie, and they haven't put them together into a dining experience? :confused3

I'd love to see Anna and Elsa at the Norway pavilion - where they belong, in the character meal! ::yes::

Instead of the random princesses they have now, they should have Anna and Elsa and Rapunzel - with Christof and Eugene, perhaps - and *then* add visiting princesses. How have they not done this yet? *Three* princesses in one movie, and they haven't put them together into a dining experience? :confused3

THIS!

I think Elsa, Anna, Hans and Kristoff with a photo with Olaf at the beginning would be awesome!

THIS!

I think Elsa, Anna, Hans and Kristoff with a photo with Olaf at the beginning would be awesome!

I would book this :)

I think nix Hans though. He's a villian... we could book Rapunzel since they are cousins afterall ;)

Just for further clarification, Frozen (in some shape or form) will definitely be coming to Norway at some point. The questions are how and when. Given the success of the film, Maelstrom is definitely on the chopping block (or at least on the "it's going to be significantly altered" block), but fall 2014 would be very difficult (if not impossible) for the Walt Disney Co. of today, so I'm very, very, very, very, very doubtful. That said, Disney is certainly seriously eyeballing plans to "re-do" Norway.

Another option on the board is to re-do the Akershus meals like other posters alluded to, however they wouldn't just bring in A&E but also Merida and Rapunzel. Meanwhile, the existing lineup would, in theory, return to CRT (with some potential changes) as the current lineup there hasn't been well received by many. This is still very much in preliminary discussions though and may never surface for all we know.

Was Maelstrom removed from the FP+ booking recently, or was it never there? My first day at Epcot is Sept 29, and it isn't listed anywhere for selection that day.

It was a FP+ attraction when we were there in June. If the rumors are true, maybe it will closed for refurbishment aka frozenified.

The only movie I'd like to see get an attraction in World Showcase is Aladdin for Morocco. I know it doesn't really fit, but I just find it ridiculous that WDW doesn't really have any Aladdin attraction (yeah, the spitting camels are cute but come on). It's without a doubt in the pantheon of most loved Disney films, and it absolutely deserves something. And if they don't have room in MK, put it in Morocco. We need a Cave of Wonders and a Sultan's Palace!!

Post like this are we need a LIKE button! I love Aladdin and he was my cartoon crush in high school. I dragged my daughter to meet him and Jasmine in MK even though we'd just met Jasmine at CRT. Also, when we were in line for the Magic Carpets, they came out and rode with one of the guests before going over to the meet and greet area. That was so cool!

i feel as if people are really hard on anna and elsa saying they are in to many parks and they need to go away. well lets say this.
Anna and elsa are in magic for meet and greats and in hollywood for the summer in summer fun NOT doing meet and greats.

now lets take tiger and pooh.

tiger and pooh both used to be in animal kingdom and they are still in magic and Epcot.

if we add Anna and elsa into Epcot it really wont hurt anything at all. i think it would be good for they are in more parks to meet them so not a lot of people are in magic waiting 500 hours to meet theres too. also disney is aware that Anna and elsa and POPULAR and they are trying to take advantage of the opportunity they have right now.

I like Maelstrom as is, but at this point I'm game for anything new they want to try in Epcot to make it less tired.

Goofy, Chip and Dale are everywhere, it seems. I understand Goofy as part of the Fab Five, but why so many Chip and Dale ops?

If Disney wanted to make money and we all know they do. Make akershus a frozen meal! Make it 2 dining credits like CRT and they will make loads of money and give people another option to meet them. 180 days will be crucial if they do this.

If Disney wanted to make money and we all know they do. Make akershus a frozen meal! Make it 2 dining credits like CRT and they will make loads of money and give people another option to meet them. 180 days will be crucial if they do this.
Or add them to the current princess line up and have anna and Elsa as the front picture and charge two dining credits and raise the price.

I made a reservation at Akershus for our December trip just in case they add A&E to the lineup. Now, I realize there's a 99.9999% chance that WON'T happen, but we've got the ADR just in case. We'll probably go anyway!

Please not in World Showcase! At least, not right away- they just don't have the space to handle the crowds.

Epcot is FULL of empty buildings. Put A&E in one of those, where there's ample space to meet up with the crowds. Do the m&g in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion and put a skating rink in the middle. (Disney does bowling with Splitsville, so why not an A&E skating rink?) Let Club Cool be part of the entry display- it's always freezing in there, and the $$$ from Coke might help fund the pavilion.

If you really want A&E in WS, wait a bit. Maybe once the hype dies down, put them in a Frozen meal in Akershus, but restore some of the Scandinavian foods and feel. And update the movie at the end of Maelstrom!

Or move them to HS. Anandale is a fantasy town anyhow, so why do they HAVE to put them in Norway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter