Animation Academy

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
I can't wait to be able to draw characters again on our trip. I so miss this "attraction" at WDW!

I have read that the characters you are going to draw are already chosen. Is there a list posted somewhere? I would love to draw Steamboat Willie!

I can't wait to be able to draw characters again on our trip. I so miss this "attraction" at WDW!

I have read that the characters you are going to draw are already chosen. Is there a list posted somewhere? I would love to draw Steamboat Willie!

Yes, there is a board with a list of the characters and times. It will either be outside the building itself, or outside the Animation Academy inside the building. If you don't see it ask a cast member, sometimes they put it kind of out of the way.

Animation Academy is always on my must do list. I love that DL posts a list of characters and times. WDW was always just a luck of the draw. One of my favorite things is to do the drawing and then go meet the character and have them sign on the same paper. It makes for a great interaction and one of the best souvenirs, too!

This is one of my daughter's favorites. She spent a whole day doing this on one trip to DW, she also likes to go get them signed. how does the line work at DL, how many people get in at a time?

Someone just posted on another thread that its (Animation academy, sorcerers workshop, and turtle talk with crush) closing (without a reopen date) May 30th. I checked the Disneyland website and it does confirm its going down for a "refurb". I believe this area has been on the chopping block for "marvel land" I'm so sad! I love sorcerers workshop!

Well shucks, so now all of the Rivers of America stuff is out, the monorail is out and this is out. It's getting to be less and less. I'm a bit frustrated by this news.

Animation Academy is always on my must do list. I love that DL posts a list of characters and times. WDW was always just a luck of the draw. One of my favorite things is to do the drawing and then go meet the character and have them sign on the same paper. It makes for a great interaction and one of the best souvenirs, too!
I never thought to get them signed. What an awesome idea! I have to remember this for our Oct trip.

My pleasure! I went on a trip to WDW in Nov 2014 and at WDW you don't know ahead of time and we ended up drawing Tink. :tinker: Mine was pretty good and I happened to meet her later. I mentioned that we drew her picture earlier and she wanted to see it. In true Tink fashion she gushed about how beautiful "she" was in her portrait and asked if she could sign it. It was a cool interaction, even for a 34 year-old! :rotfl:

This is one of my daughter's favorites. She spent a whole day doing this on one trip to DW, she also likes to go get them signed. how does the line work at DL, how many people get in at a time?

Best idea ever!! This is brilliant and I don't know why I never thought of it. I just told my Animation Academy loving daughter and she is beside herself with the excitement of this. Thank you!

At wdw they wasted so much time the times we went on voting for what character to draw. And those desks were so difficult.

We loved the voting at WDW because we have enough people in our family to sway the vote. We did it 4 times and got different characters each time!

How are the desks different in California?? It seemed like a normal animators light desk to me??

We loved the voting at WDW because we have enough people in our family to sway the vote. We did it 4 times and got different characters each time!

How are the desks different in California?? It seemed like a normal animators light desk to me??

There are no actual desks, they are just lap desks. A large piece of wood that you hold and put your paper on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter