Animal Kingdom Half Day?

xsarachireex

Earning My Ears
My DD (2) & I did an evening visit to Animal Kingdom in September 16. It was perfect for us minus missing a few shows. We were able to enjoy the boneyard with very little crowds, did the safari before sunset, and rode Triceratop Spin (her fav) multiple times in a row. We will be visiting AK again this coming September and I only think it is a half day park for us again. Yes, I do know about Pandora and we won't be missing out on anything considering she won't be able to ride anyway and I am totally okay with skipping it all together. So with that being said....do you suggest doing a half day in the morning or evening? We aim for PPO ADRs or rope dropping. I have never been a big AK fan so I don't know a whole lot about this park.

Do you think you would like the Rivers of Light show? If so I would get a FP or dining package for it and go in the evening.

How about the walking trails? They're pretty interesting with different kinds of animals to see.

We used to do AM 1/2 day, but we have evening planned this time around. I think enough has changed to go all day, honestly. We just don't want to get up early :D

Do you think you would like the Rivers of Light show? If so I would get a FP or dining package for it and go in the evening.
I'm not sure if she will really be that interested. She didn't like fantasmic last year so it isn't at the top of my list.

Unless you decide you want to see ROL, I put in a strong vote for morning. AK gets hot and it feels so spread out to me. I like to do AK at rope drop, or even better, PPO reservation for the character breakfast at Tusker House (yummy and great character interactions). AK is a half day for us, too. There are a few things we LOVE there, but I honestly wouldn't be sad if we had to skip it on a short trip

Personally without Pandora I think AK is worth a full day. Does she like animals? The safari, two animal trails, bird show, Festival of the lion king, finding demo the musical, Dinoland, and then Pandora.

I haven't been to AK for over a decade, but am looking forward to seeing the light show on The Tree of Life (don't remember what it's called). So I would pick either the second half or the whole day.

It always make me chuckle a bit when someone says AK is a half day park and then says they don't know much about it. I can hardly get everything in i want to do in a full day there and Pandora has not yet started. this may have something to do with the fact that for me AK is an immersive experience rather than a thrill ride location. I love to poke along and enjoy all the little things that make it so magical for me - from the animal footprints n the walkways to all the lost trails around the tree of life that end up in such amazing places like the waterfalls. I never miss the bird show and love the Lion King show. I like the animal walks and trying to identify a bunch of birds at the aviary. I spend time enjoying the murals on the ruin walls on the Asian animal walk. I go on multiple Safari rides because each one is different. And I so much love the dinasaur ride. I love to stop and watch all the street performers and dance with the kids to the music. The character meal at Tusker house is terrific - and i like to do it at breakfast and then find a lovely place by the water to eat my lunch there. The lounge at Tiffins is a beautiful spot to have a lazy cocktail and small plates while waiting for it to be dark enough to enjoy the lantern lit paths in the evening....

It always make me chuckle a bit when someone says AK is a half day park and then says they don't know much about it. I can hardly get everything in i want to do in a full day there and Pandora has not yet started. this may have something to do with the fact that for me AK is an immersive experience rather than a thrill ride location. I love to poke along and enjoy all the little things that make it so magical for me - from the animal footprints n the walkways to all the lost trails around the tree of life that end up in such amazing places like the waterfalls. I never miss the bird show and love the Lion King show. I like the animal walks and trying to identify a bunch of birds at the aviary. I spend time enjoying the murals on the ruin walls on the Asian animal walk. I go on multiple Safari rides because each one is different. And I so much love the dinasaur ride. I love to stop and watch all the street performers and dance with the kids to the music. The character meal at Tusker house is terrific - and i like to do it at breakfast and then find a lovely place by the water to eat my lunch there. The lounge at Tiffins is a beautiful spot to have a lazy cocktail and small plates while waiting for it to be dark enough to enjoy the lantern lit paths in the evening....
Now this is exactly my view of the Animal Kingdom park :) It seems time goes so fast we cant fit everything in that we would like to do. It is the kind of park you like to explore and not rush.

We always do two days at Animal Kingdom and after 6 trips I still have never seen FOW. It will only be my DD and me this year so it is top of my list. We love exploring Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter