• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or Hollywood Studios?

Lani87

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

This is my first post here on the boards but I have been reading up on all the tips and advice from all the Disney experts here for months.

I just booked a last minute Disney cruise for my daughter and me. We leave in 12 days! I am hoping to spend two days at WDW while we are out there. One day will be the day before the cruise and one day at one of the parks on the day we get off the ship.

Any advice on how we should spend those two days at the parks? I thinking that I want to do Magic Kingdom on the last day before we head back home but does anyone have any recommendations on what park we should go to on the other day? I am mostly going back and forth between Epcot vs Animal Kingdom. Any thoughts? My daughter will be 11 and this will be our first time to WDW.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to make the most of our time there, that would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

My daughter was 12 when we went to Disney for the first time, and she fell in love with Epcot! In fact, that's where we spend most of our time while at WDW. :D We usually have park hoppers, so we might go to DHS in the morning, but you can bet we'll be in the world showcase in Epcot that night. Lol

We enjoy all the parks, but for us, it's Epcot all the way. :D A lot of kids do find Epcot boring though. (My son does, which is why we hit all the different parks for him in the morning. )

I guess it depends on her personality. You can YouTube the different parks to kinda get a feel for them.

:welcome: to DISboards!

If your daughter is in any way interested in animals then the Animal Kingdom is the place to visit. The theming and landscaping are extremely well done. Plenty to see and do. Even more so now that Pandora is open. In my opinion the best live show at WDW, Festival of the Lion King.

But you won't go wrong with Epcot. Epcot is our favorite park. Soarin' is our favorite attraction. Followed quickly by Spaceship Earth. And we love to wander around the World Showcase. And end our evening with Illuminations.

Where ever you go I am sure you will have a magical time! And be forewarned, you'll leave with a desire to return in the near future.

I echo the sentiment of the above posters. Epcot is my favorite park and I think there is plenty to do there for an 11 year old, especially if this is the first time ever being there. Animal Kingdom has great draw due to the all the animals and there are a few fantastic rides there as well. My initial thought is not even about the rides or shows, but about the fact that AK is more outside experience in general than Epcot, and if I were going in the dead heat of the summer, I would totally go with Epcot so I didn't wilt. :)

That's my "expert" opinion.

That is a hard choice! We love both parks. I think what might sway me towards one over the other would be Illuminations. So I'd very grudgingly make myself not get park hoppers and choose Epcot if I could only choose one of them. It seems like a perfect send off for the cruise. And then, of course, you'll have HEA for the last night before heading home. Love the bookend effect. You have to return, though. Animal Kingdom is a fabulous park - my daughter's favorite (she's 13) and my second favorite. Hollywood Studios is fun, too, and will be even better once the two new lands are built. (Honestly, though, I'd be sooooo tempted to get park hoppers so we could ride Everest a few times before heading to Epcot for the last half of the day)

Welcome to disboards!

A lot depends on what you want to do. MK is iconic Disney, so that's a must do. My family and I, and that includes a 15 year old and a 9 year old - love Epcot and DHS, so those are must do for us. For us, AK doesn't have enough for us to do again that would justify us spending one of our days there.

Could you add a third day and spend a day at MK, and two other parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter