Animal Kingdom at Night. Wow!!

Given that sunset is at 8:11pm on our AK day, what time would you go on the safari? I have our FP+ from 7:25 - 8:25pm. We've always done the safari in the morning, and by now it's getting pretty repetitive to be honest. Hoping for a little different experience by doing it at sunset this time.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I would probably go closer to 7:30 or so. We got in line with a fastpass at 8:35 for around a 9 pm sunset and we had to wait for a while because some of the trucks got stuck behind some animals. We had to wait a while for the trucks to arrive. By the time we got on around 8:50, most of the animals were already asleep for the night.

Sometimes it is hard to time it right. You don't know how many people will be in front of you in the fastpass line, and you don't know if the trucks will get backed up. I would choose earlier than later because if you wait too long you won't be able to see much of anything.

This sounds great but one if the reasons Disney said it closed early was because of the animals. Does this not disturb them? How is it now ok? I worry about these things!

I worry about them, too. They close the animals trails down fairly early, though, so it may not change the animals routine that much. The animals on the safari still go to sleep at sunset, as I imagine they would normally do. It still might be disturbing to have the trucks rumbling by, but when I did a late night safari most of the animals we could see seemed to be peacefully sleeping.

I was concerned about the new fireworks at HS. You can actually see and hear them at AK. We saw them one night while we were riding Kali (that was pretty cool) and we could distinctly hear the booms. That made me wonder how those noises would affect the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter