• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Andreu Disney First EVER Pre Trip Report(Dec 2008)

You guys are going to have the best trip! I bet your are so excited because it's so close!!!

I am going to Le Cellier for the first time in February, so let me know how that one goes! I also love the Coral Reef, too!

Tarah:Hello! We will be sure to let you know. I am sure its gonna be delish:)
breanna: hey. :p thanks for reading. haha. well we'll letcha know if we like it.
i don't think i will, cause i dont like steak.

Ha!Ha - LOVE the pins girls! Now do you put them on lanyards and get involved in trading?

Sorry I've been MIA - my computer got infected with a virus; was without it for a whole week!:scared1: Just catching up on all I've missed. You guys are doing a great job with your report. I can't believe your trip is so close!

Tarah: We do not put them on the lanyards because we are scared they will fall off:laughing: I know.. its probably a stupid thing to worry about but we LOVE our pins!:love: Yes! We trade them and thats one of the things that we very excited about doing. I read the trip report that you wrote when you and your youngest daugter went together. it was so sweet:lovestruc !! I loved the BFF pin she got you!! And that ariel and her daughter (is her name melody?) pin that you were wearing in some of your pictures was SOOOO cute!!

breanna: thanks. :p i know, i am so excited! only like... 19 more days. pretty much 18 though cause it's 10:30!! anyway, yeah i cannot waiit to trade. :P
very excited because i have some ones i really dont like. :guilty:

Tarah:Hello! Here are some pictures from last year... I do not have stories for anyof them because this is before I knew anything about trip reports... and it was almost a year ago that we were there.

Epcot:
027_272.jpg

007_7.jpg

008_82.jpg

009_9.jpg

011_112.jpg

021_21.jpg

028_28.jpg

033_332.jpg

037_372.jpg

I was going through Atticus' room yesterday and found his GIANT rubber 5 and a half foot snake his dad got him at Disney last year. This snake is SO annoying because it so dang big! Finding it made me think of the funny thing that happened to us last year when we were all about to ride Star Tours. We all got into the line where you watch that little video before you get into the ride. Atticus had his snake with him and the man that was showing us where to go saw it and FREAKED out!! This is how the conversation went:

CM: Hey!! Is that.. a SNAKE>???
Me: Yes. We just bought it over by the Indiana Jones stuff
CM: Whoa man! I do not like snakes! Get that away from me!!:scared1:
Me: Its not real... Its just rubber (Holding it up for him to see)
CM: I said get that away from me!!! (backing up)
Me: Its a fake snake! (Pushing it toward him) Sidenote: I REALLY thought he was just trying to be funny.. So I was "playing along"
Everyone: *laughing* Yeah it is not real!:laughing:
CM: Man, I am getting out of here! Thats not funny(backs as far away as he can- ALL THE WAY on the other side of the room)
Other CM that hears what is going on: Yeah he has a very bad fear of snakes... He cant be anywhere around them.

Of course we all felt VERY stupid and kinda bad.. But come on! The place that sells them is RIGHT ACROSS from star tours! You would think he would see them all the time:sad2: .. We all thought it was pretty funny because I was putting it RIGHT in his face.. But I really thought he was trying to be funny..:rolleyes1 Oh well..

breanna:
hey guys! no one has been commenting lately! jeeze guys. come on! we need some readers. baha. anyway, nothing much has been happening. only TWO WEEKS until we leave for Disney!!! i am so excited!! :D :mickeyjum

anyway, me and tarah are going to start running every night until then so we can get into shape before we go. i know i'mma be killing myself trying to get into shape before then. bahaaa, :P :scared1:

tarah got all of our shirts made for disney.
she got shirts with all of our favorite characters on them and it says:
Disney 2008 on the front
and Disney Christmas Vacation on the back. :P
here's everyone's characters:
Gramma: Simba
Me: Peter Pan :D
Fillup: Cheshire Cat (but the guy who made the shirt spelled vacation wrong!)
Marmee: mr.incredible
Daddy: Jiminey Cricket
Tarah (Tare :D):
Ryhan: Goofy
Bryan: Stitch

they look pretty cool. it was a good idea, Tare!! :D

also, marmee is getting me and tarah a gift... she told me and tare to pick from either:
Disney Princesses princess:
Nemo :snooty:
Dumbo :mad:
Bambi :mad:
101 Dalmations :confused3 :rolleyes:
Lady and the Tramp :confused3 :)

here's how i narrowed it down:
i HATE bambi and dumbo.
ehh, nemo's not my favorite.
disney princesses are cool but they could be corny so nahh.
and i can't decide between lady and the tramp or 101 dalmations. it's hard to pick because it could be anything, ya know?!!?

well, i gotta go, i'm tired as crapp. g'night ya'll
. :dance3:

Tarah:
Hello! Breanna forgot about some people when talkin about the shirts I got made.
Uncle Joe- Tigger
Atticus- Stitch

They look SOOO good! I am gonna take pictures of them soon and put them on here so you guys can see them. TWO WEEKS!! AHHH!!! I am SO excited!!!!

Hey...... Wow and I thought we had alot going!!
You have a crazy cast of characters going...sounds like it could be volatile!!
I loved seeing where you are dining...too bad we don't have the same dates at the same places.
Dec. 23 we're at Mama Melrose (my favorite)
Dec. 24 we're at Crystal Palace (never been)
Dec. 25 Le Cellier (2nd favorite) CP package:santa:
Dec. 26 Kona Cafe breakfast (o.k this is our 2nd favorite) and Wolfgang Puck Cafe Dinner
Dec. 27 1900 Park Fare (new for us)
Dec. 28 San Angel booked but the 4 of us at least are going to bail on this one and go to the boardwalk for dinner I think.
Dec. 29 Kona Cafe dinner (love it here)

I love your pre-trip so far.....wow....how do you keep it all straight.
PLUS....my brother's little boy is named Atticus....so cool.

Hey girls! I followed you over from Breanna's comment. I love your report, you guys remind me so much of myself and my family with the pictures--Breanna is right, I think we would get along fantastically. :rotfl:

Atticus is so cute, it must be so much fun to go to Disney with him. As for the characters, a lot of them are really good around little kids who might be iffy or scared around them--they are usually very slow and gentle and really seem to try hard not to startle them. Maybe if he gets to watch his mom and auntie with them first, he will be more willing?

I love all your pins. I haven't gone into the pin-trading craze, and I'm hoping that I don't, because I don't think I can afford it. :rolleyes1 I do want to get some, though, just to stick on my corkboard. I'm thinking of going with an idea that I got from another TR--one from Pop (since that's where we stay), one from each of the parks, and one for each ride that I like the best.

I'm looking forward to more! How cool that you get to spend your Christmas in Disney World. :santa:

You will enjoy 1900 Park Fair. Make sure you try the strawberry soup!
I love it!

Hey...... Wow and I thought we had alot going!!
You have a crazy cast of characters going...sounds like it could be volatile!!
I loved seeing where you are dining...too bad we don't have the same dates at the same places.
Dec. 23 we're at Mama Melrose (my favorite)
Dec. 24 we're at Crystal Palace (never been)
Dec. 25 Le Cellier (2nd favorite) CP package:santa:
Dec. 26 Kona Cafe breakfast (o.k this is our 2nd favorite) and Wolfgang Puck Cafe Dinner
Dec. 27 1900 Park Fare (new for us)
Dec. 28 San Angel booked but the 4 of us at least are going to bail on this one and go to the boardwalk for dinner I think.
Dec. 29 Kona Cafe dinner (love it here)

I love your pre-trip so far.....wow....how do you keep it all straight.
PLUS....my brother's little boy is named Atticus....so cool.

Tarah: I am so excited about trying Le Cellier. Everyone talks about how good it is there. You are lucky. You get to go to Disney for a long time! Yes, we have a lot of people going... This is the most we have ever been with. That is weird that your nephews name is Atticus too.

breanna: i'm mostly excited about chef mickey's. i love buffets. :D and characters!! i've never heard of kona cafe dinner. what kind of food do they serve??
:D
thanks for reading!!!

Hey girls! I followed you over from Breanna's comment. I love your report, you guys remind me so much of myself and my family with the pictures--Breanna is right, I think we would get along fantastically. :rotfl:

Atticus is so cute, it must be so much fun to go to Disney with him. As for the characters, a lot of them are really good around little kids who might be iffy or scared around them--they are usually very slow and gentle and really seem to try hard not to startle them. Maybe if he gets to watch his mom and auntie with them first, he will be more willing?

I love all your pins. I haven't gone into the pin-trading craze, and I'm hoping that I don't, because I don't think I can afford it. :rolleyes1 I do want to get some, though, just to stick on my corkboard. I'm thinking of going with an idea that I got from another TR--one from Pop (since that's where we stay), one from each of the parks, and one for each ride that I like the best.

I'm looking forward to more! How cool that you get to spend your Christmas in Disney World. :santa:

breanna: heyy! thanks for reading! if you got into pins, you would probably love it! me and tarah found a way to lessen the cost. we buy some crappy ones on ebay and trade them with good ones once we get to disney. it saves a lot of money!! :D and hopefully, atticus won't be that scared of the characters! i used to be scared of them... like a year ago. haha. but i love em now!! :D

Tarah: Pin trading can get expensive.. But it is SOOOO fun! It makes going to Disney more fun too (if that is possible:) ) I hope that Atticus likes the charcters.... He freaks out with strangers so I dont know..... Thank you so much for reading our trip report!

Less than two weeks now:banana: ! I can't believe it!! Time has flown by. Well.... Kinda:rolleyes1 . I have two more days of Finals at school and then it is impatiently waiting around with nothing to do... I have to try to make myself not pack untill at least a couple days before we leave. I would like to just pack it up and have it ready in the car right now but that would be kinda stupid.... I think I am going to clean one or two rooms of the house each day untill its time to leave... maybe that will make the days go by faster. Doubtful... But maybe........... Well... I wish some people would comment so I have something to do..........:rolleyes1

breanna: :D for reeeal. i got ISS for three days, that's why i havent been on because i got grounded.
D: bye!!!

I hate you both... in a most loving way, of course. I don't want to wait another five weeks!!!!

Sounds like you and yours will have loads of fun and I can't wait to read all about it in your TR. I'm now considering changing my child's name. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my all time favorites... mind you... I could just call him "Boo". Which is better than when I was pregnant and threatened to name him Luke just so I could say, "No, Luke. I am your mother". But I figured the black helmet would scare the crap out of him and probably land me in the pokey. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear your next report!!!

Wow! you have a large group going and a lot going on! What a PTR! Love the pics!

I hate you both... in a most loving way, of course. I don't want to wait another five weeks!!!!

Sounds like you and yours will have loads of fun and I can't wait to read all about it in your TR. I'm now considering changing my child's name. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my all time favorites... mind you... I could just call him "Boo". Which is better than when I was pregnant and threatened to name him Luke just so I could say, "No, Luke. I am your mother". But I figured the black helmet would scare the crap out of him and probably land me in the pokey. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear your next report!!!

I know it seems like the wait will take forever but now that it is almost here I am like Holy Crap!!!! Its almost time!!!!
Hahaha! I love that! Luke I am your mother. How funny:rotfl: ! That is cute. Yeah, you are right. The black helmet might have been a little too much
;)

Wow! you have a large group going and a lot going on! What a PTR! Love the pics!

Thanks for reading:thumbsup2 ! i hope that the large group doesnt drive me insane..:rolleyes1

Yeah, so .... cheers on that whole rubbing it in bit, right? ;) Seriously, though, hope you guys have an awesome time!!

I was dreaming of the Mouse today as I handled a sick child. Nothing like being awakend by Jake standing at my bedside going, "Mommy, I don't feel so goo---" Oh! Would you look at that! There doesn't seem to be an emoticon for projectile vomiting! :rolleyes: Yeah. That'll wake you up real fast. Oh, well, on the bright side: he seems to be feeling better now....

Yeah, so .... cheers on that whole rubbing it in bit, right? ;) Seriously, though, hope you guys have an awesome time!!

I was dreaming of the Mouse today as I handled a sick child. Nothing like being awakend by Jake standing at my bedside going, "Mommy, I don't feel so goo---" Oh! Would you look at that! There doesn't seem to be an emoticon for projectile vomiting! :rolleyes: Yeah. That'll wake you up real fast. Oh, well, on the bright side: he seems to be feeling better now....

Tarah: Of course we have to rub it in! Thats what PTRs are all about right? Telling everyone how exited you are and all that good stuff:rolleyes1 . Sorry about your son being sick. My son just got over something too. I am glad he got it out of his system before Disney though!

SO.. Only a week and a day left now.... This is going by SOOOOOOOOO slow!! I have everyone's presents bought now.... I am so glad about that. I still gotta take pictures of the shirts I got made for everyone. I have a few questions that maybe some of you readers could help me with:thumbsup2 :

1.) What all benifits do Disney chase card holders get?
2.) Are the refillable mugs really worth the money?
3.) How much does it cost for a 3 year old to go? (I just realized that Atticus will not be free next year..)
4.) What are some good questions to put on a little survey for the family to fill out on the way there? Ex: What is your favorite park.... ect ect

When does little Mr. Man turn three? I thought ... could be wrong but... I thought that the price was based on age at check in so if he turns three once you are there, still no charge. I can't picture the Mouse saying "Happy Birthday, kid. Now get out and check back in for the rest of your vacy at a higher rate." But I'm not 100% sure. :confused3 Not very useful, am I? Sorry about that!

If he turns three while you are there I would honestly tell the person at check in, "He's two" and then go to guest services in the park to pick up a "Happy Birthday" badge at which point I don't think they will demand to see your check in date and room rate.

Of course, if he's already turned three then this is just more of my verbal diarrhea. :hyper2: So I'll just be quiet now.

First I'll say :bday: Atticus

Then, quiet. Blissful... quiet :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter