And we're off!

Sounds like your having a pretty amazing holiday Paul and plenty more to go, makes me just want to be there right now!!

My family should have gone on Saturday (21st) but we had to cancel for one reason or another and Im so sad :sad1: because there is nowhere else I would rather be right now! Ah well......

Lovely pictures too & I love Hard Rock Hotel, its my absolute FAVE :lovestruc and the FOTL passes are fab arent they!

Hope your having a magical day :wizard:

My family should have gone on Saturday (21st) but we had to cancel for one reason or another and Im so sad :sad1: because there is nowhere else I would rather be right now! Ah well......

So sorry to hear that Lisa....HRH was great, with a real vibe around the place.

At the Boardwalk now which is totally different, much more relaxing. Good to do them in this order though and wind down a little.

Thanks Paul he will be so excited to hear what you have said about the ride I fear he will always be a star wars nut!!

Im so pleased that you are relaxing a little bit too!! Any updates from Ryan yet ???

He said to me earlier that he's saving up on doing some more updates, as he doesn't want to waste any time that he could spend going on rides :) I think we can expect a bumper one in a day or so though :)

Few more pics from yesterday's visit to MK and our meal last night:

0_0_c5327d73a0989934a379672d9d5291dd_1

0_0_6dbc1d47a13d7f841b979a0e97ef38e6_1

0_0_1455e323962602dca871a1092bfd8f2c_1

0_0_e0a4190196ead5c1e9cdd0e2eda0fbdb_1

0_0_b571b1dc4aa806b562c5304c05c1f1c1_1

0_0_cefbab4b62fcc0a3ec32eea088b89dab_1

0_0_d7871ce00e0775287b001e656235cdd7_1

The evening we headed over the Cheesecake Factory at Mall of Millennia, but the way time was a good 45 mins so we decided to find somewhere else instead. About 2 mins away is a restaurant called the 'Elephant Bar', just at the front of the entry to the Mall, next to an Old Navy that we sometimes visit.

Anyway, found this place to be a real hidden gem. Food is asian-inspired, but there is a good cross section, and the desserts are pretty nice too. Had a great meal, 2 adults, 2 kids for $55 - 1 appetiser, 1 beer, all had entree, all had dessert. Definitely would go back.

Got back to the Boardwalk at around 9.30 and there is lightening in the distance tonight - no rain yet though. Walked with daughter around the lake taking in one of the entertainers, and then settled in front of the movie of the night at the Beach Club. I watched the 2nd half of Mulan while she happily made sandcastles with a group of other girls her age...blissful :goodvibes

Star Wars w/end day at Studios tomorrow, so early-ish night for me - just over two days now till we are on the Disney Dream!

Paul

Shame you missed out on Cheesecake Factory, definitely our fave place to eat on recent trips but Elephant bar sounds good, never heard of it but they have a website with menu and prices, looks good, one for another trip:thumbsup2 http://www.elephantbar.com/

Enjoy Starwars weekend, I am no fan of the films but enjoyed the weekends a couple of years ago.

Now jealous you are going on the Dream, I have to wait another 3 months yet.:goodvibes

We went to the Studios today for start of the second Star Wars weekend - boy, was it busy! Wait times of 90 mins by 11am on Toy Story and ... Star Tours! Didn't do tonnes of lines for character photos as the kids preferred to do rides, and aren't really that into the whole Star Wars scene, but it was fun to see the various characters and their themed outfits. Minnie as Princess Leia was great :yoda:

Best bit of the day was the Hyperspace Hoopla - great fun, and I managed to video pretty much all of that. Will try to upload when we are back - internet upload is so slow here at the Boardwalk it would probably still be going by the time we got back in the UK in over a week :)

Just one new photo today - Ryan trying out a Darth Vadar mask in Jabba's Hut:

0_0_932432d29573d0fa80f9b9a8c133efde_1

Paul

Loving hearing about your adventures live !!! Star wars weekend is something my boys would love - think our next trip may just have to be May.What's the plan for today ?????

To me, May will always be my favourite time here. Apart from the first day when the thunderstorms delayed us, yesterday was the first real rain in two weeks.

Plan for today is mostly to chill out around the resort this morning, then catch the parade at HS lunchtime, and back to the ESPN club to watch the Champions League final.

Dunno after that - maybe dinner on the Boardwalk and either watch a movie on the beach by the Beach Club, or go to MK. Ah, it's a hard life!

Paul

Just back off the Dream...had an amazing time, so many highlights - including being chosen as the 'Magical Family of the Cruise'. We got gift in our stateroom everyday, cookies, treats, certificates, badges, even free bike rides at Castaway Cay.

Full report to come when we get back...just checked into Wilderness Lodge for the last two days of the trip.

Oh...and made a provisional booking for a cruise on the Fantasy next year :)

Paul

Don't worry - we have *tonnes* of photos, but unfortunately the internet link here at WL is just too slow to upload everything. There will be lots to share when we are back.

Villas at WL are lovely, and we have a gorgeous room that overlooks the quiet pool through some light trees. Couldn't ask for more...then just as we were leaving yesterday evening room service brought us a huge plate of complimentary cookies! I think they saw our anniversary buttons at check-in - bless :)

Off to the studios today to see Phineas and Ferb and maybe do a couple of rides, then back to enjoy the beauty of the lodge before MK tonight.

Longest trip ever and I still feel we could do with more time :)

Paul

Don't worry - we have *tonnes* of photos, but unfortunately the internet link here at WL is just too slow to upload everything. There will be lots to share when we are back.

Villas at WL are lovely, and we have a gorgeous room that overlooks the quiet pool through some light trees. Couldn't ask for more...then just as we were leaving yesterday evening room service brought us a huge plate of complimentary cookies! I think they saw our anniversary buttons at check-in - bless :)

Off to the studios today to see Phineas and Ferb and maybe do a couple of rides, then back to enjoy the beauty of the lodge before MK tonight.

Longest trip ever and I still feel we could do with more time :)

Paul
Know what you mean. We did 6 weeks last summer and could still have stayed on longer. :thumbsup2 Not complaining about our 3 weeks coming up though - can't wait! :dance3:

Looking forward to the cruise photos. Loved trip on the Wonder last year.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter