• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And We Thought We Ate A Lot Before...the semi-live deluxe dining report updated!

I am really enjoying your reviews! Keep 'em up!

Those pancakes look divine!:yay:

I'm in! Great start! I keep saying next trip I'm going to do the tea, but I haven't managed it yet!:rolleyes: It looks wonderful. Kona is our absolute favorite for breakfast. Looks like you have some great places coming up!:thumbsup2

im signing in too, i think i will have to do the tea with my dd 7,
she would love it :love:

I love the reviews. I can't wait to hear about Beaches and Cream and Earl. DH and I want to eat at both of those places. We leave in 3 days (Yea!!!).

I'm enjoying your reviews, thanks for posting the pics of GF Tea, it's a tradition for DD & I. I'm going to have to fit a Kona BF into my plans for our Sept trip after seeing those pics.

I can't wait to read the rest.popcorn::

What gorgeous photos and reviews! The afternoon tea looked wonderful.

I must admit that my cholesterol spiked while viewing that Kona breakfast. ;)

Thanks everyone for reading and for your nice comments! I'm glad you're enjoying it. We're having a great time and eating some great food. Yesterday was our best day yet, so I'll try to catch up soon.

We were full from breakfast at Kona, so we had a late lunch at Beaches & Cream. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a seat at the counter at 2:30. That place is really tiny. Be aware of the wait if you plan to go. I loved the atmosphere. It reminded me a bit of Johnny Rockets, except at the beach.

We were seated at the counter and decided to try the cheese burger. Here is a pic of us at the counter and a pic of our burger:

P5020135.JPG

beaches1.JPG

So...This burger and fries was pretty average. It's been a long time since I've had a burger at a counter service in Disney, but I can't imagine this being much better. I live in Texas, so I've had much better burgers. My suggestion...don't go here for the food, BUT DO go here for the atmosphere and DEFINITELY the dessert!!!

We actually weren't going to get dessert because I was full and left half my burger. DH was going to get a chocolate shake to go since he gets chocolate shakes everywhere, but as we sat there a few minutes watching them fix ice cream for everyone else, I decided I wanted to try a banana split. I'm sure glad we did because it was one of the best banana splits I've had.

Here's a pic of our split:

beaches2.JPG

Sitting at the counter was fun because we could watch them make everyone's ice cream treats. A lady and her daughter ordered the kitchen sink. They put in a whole plate full of cookies/brownie/candy bars, etc. Tons of ice cream and toppings, and a whole can of whipped cream. Here's a pic of the final product before they brought it out:

beaches3.JPG

To sum up Beaches & Cream...fun place, definitely order dessert!

Up next...Earl of Sandwich...

Ok, so I'm really sorry...but we forgot to take pictures of these places. Well...we remembered, but they were half eaten and not very pic worthy. We got to Earl of Sandwich later...probably about 8:30-9ish and it was still packed. We ordered the Original 1762 and the All American to share. I also got some barbeque chips-they were good. I took a couple bites of the Original and decided to let DH eat it all. It was okay, but the horseradish was too strong for me. He liked it. I liked the All American, especially the bites with cranberry sauce, but neither of these were as good as what I had gotten last time when we were at Disney. I'm pretty sure I had gotten the Hawaiian Bar-B-Q sandwich last time.

Anyway, maybe I was just tired, but it didn't seem to live up to my too high expectations, but DH really enjoyed it. We would go again...it's good food and a really good value. We were still paying oop, so our total bill here was about $14.

We stopped by Ghiradelli to get a shake before we left. We got Quake shakes which is where they put a whole giant candy bar in your shake. DH got the dark chocolate & mint candy in mint ice cream. I got the milk chocolate & caramel in vanilla ice cream. DH's was good if you like mint...it had a lot of flavor. Mine was hard to taste the chocolate. It kind of tasted like milk with a few bites of chocolate every now and then. These were $6.50 a piece. We've usually gotten sundaes here and I think I would go back to getting that instead of the shake I got.

Up next...T-Rex...

We're heading out now for a full day at Epcot...I'll try to catch up my reviews when we get home tonight. I should have Yachtsman, Yak & Yeti, Jiko, and then Coral Reef and Le Cellier from today. Thanks so much for reading! It's fun to hear from all of you. :)

We're heading out now for a full day at Epcot...I'll try to catch up my reviews when we get home tonight. I should have Yachtsman, Yak & Yeti, Jiko, and then Coral Reef and Le Cellier from today. Thanks so much for reading! It's fun to hear from all of you. :)

Have fun! I can't wait to see these reviews!

I just have one comment...has anyone notices how many ads there are on these pages for diets? I guess they figure after eating like this at Disney, we'll all need to be on one! HA!

So, Sunday afternoon was our last meal oop, so we went to T-Rex. This was DH's request. He's into dinosaurs. The atmosphere was cool. It's similar to Rainforest, except dinosaurs. There's a cave room and an ice room and an underwater room and a meteor shower happens ever 20 min. or so. We got the lost world chicken salad sandwich (pic 1) and the paleozoic chicken sandwich (pic 2) and split them. We both liked the Lost World Chicken Salad Sandwich the best. We subbed fries for chips and fries were excellent.

Here are the pics:

trex1.JPG

trex2.JPG

Our meal cost about $35 for these 2 entrees. The portions are big. We probably could have split either of these. We'd probably go again. It's a fun place!

Up Next...Yachtsman Steakhouse...

FYI on our pictures...we just got a new camera, so DH is trying out all the settings with different lighting. That's why they all look different.

Sunday afternoon we checked into Old Key West and our deluxe dining started. Our first meal on the plan was at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I'd seen such good reviews about their steaks, so we definitely wanted to try it.

We got tea and coke to drink. They brought us delicious bread with roasted garlic and butter with Hawaiian sea salt. I loved the onion roll. This could quite possibly be the best part of the meal for me!

yacht2.JPG

For our appetizers, we both decided to try the Seared Maine Diver Scallops with Diamond white cheddar risotto and aged sherry vinaigrette. We'd never had scallops before and they were good. I don't know that I'd want to eat a whole bunch of them, but these three were a good portion. The risotto was good. DH liked it a lot. I'm not into the strong cheeses too much, but it was still nice. The asparagus pieces were especially good.

Here's a pic of the scallops:

yacht3.JPG

For our entrees, DH got the Cowboy Steak, a 20-ounce bone-in rib-eye with fried onion and red wine butter

yacht4.JPG

and I got the New York Strip Steak, a 12 oz. Strip Steak with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce and Potato Gratin with Diamond White Cheddar

yacht5.JPG

We decided the better steak out of these was the ribeye. It was a lot more tender. I did like the Potato Gratin, especially the crispy top.

We liked these steaks okay, but have since had steaks at Jiko & Le Cellier, so the Yachstman steaks are at the bottom of our list.

For dessert, DH ordered the Trio of Valrhona Chocolate

yacht6.JPG

and I got the Antique Apple Tart with Caramel Gelato

yacht7.JPG

We both liked our desserts a lot. The apple tart had golden raisins and was quite yummy. The chocolate dessert was super rich, but DH liked it. He's always up for chocolate.

Overall, Yachtsman was good, but I'm not sure we'd go back. So far, we've liked Jiko and Le Cellier better.

Up next...Yak & Yeti....

Yummy! Those scallops looked good. And the pics aren't half bad...I have been doing testing with my new camera before I go, but I will probably end up having all different sorts of pics as well because no matter how hard you try, it never comes out the same way at home.

I think everything looks great and it looks like you guys are having a good time!

Can't wait to read more! The tea party looks great, I have never been to anything like that before... I live in farm country central Illinois...no afternoon tea around here, unless it's iced tea lol! I hope your having a fabulous vacation!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter