"And we can ride that Donald Ride in Mexico!"

Wow! Skipped this with my DS7 and DD5 in Feb 2012. Considering it for Feb 2013 trip. Sounds like this needs to be moved up on the Epcot list.

graceandhayes said:
Wow! Skipped this with my DS7 and DD5 in Feb 2012. Considering it for Feb 2013 trip. Sounds like this needs to be moved up on the Epcot list.

It's not a outstanding attraction, but it is cute and a must for Donald lovers

Our family loves it too, actually. I just wish I got to see it in its previous incarnation as El Rio de Tiempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1huHrJXvc

I've always loved "the Mexico ride" whether it's called El Rio de Tiempo or Grand Fiesta Tour! As a kid I always though the inside of the Mexico pavillion was one of the coolest places I ever walked into with it dark and looking like we were outside. Of course as time went on, I started liking other places better. Also, it seems like they have turned up the lights in there more than when I was a kid, because it's a lot easier to see the ceiling now.

Anyway, the Mexico ride (AKA the Donald ride) is a great break from the hot walking that is WDW touring.

My daughter is 5 and she still remembers and talks fondly about the "Donald ride in Mexico" from a trip there a year and a half ago. We ducked in there during a rain storm - who knew how much she'd love it! Just shows ya, you can plan and plan all you want, but you never know where the magic might be.

pixiedust:

:thumbsup2

My daughter is 5 and she still remembers and talks fondly about the "Donald ride in Mexico" from a trip there a year and a half ago. We ducked in there during a rain storm - who knew how much she'd love it! Just shows ya, you can plan and plan all you want, but you never know where the magic might be.

pixiedust:

Very true. Our then five year old grandson's favorite attraction was Spaceship Earth. He and his mother rode it a grand total of six times in eight days. He rode it four times in one day alone. I'm sure he's the only one in kindergarten who knows the Phoenicians invented the alphabet.

I'm a big fan of the 3cab movie, the ride was kind of a let down for me. However, I have a couple of grandchildren that will be ready for WDW in a few years, and maybe they'll love the attraction and develop some interest in the movie. :earsboy:

El Rio del Tiempo was my absolute favorite as a child (along with Figment), and even after they "reworked it" and included Donald it is a beloved ride and one I hit multiple times every trip. Three Caballeros is definitely one of my favorite movies from childhood so I was glad to see it represented somewhere in the parks.

I love the music! And I always thought the Mexico pavilion was the best place in all of WDW (yes, even over the castle, which always disappointed me since there was nothing really to do in there). That pavilion is the reason I wanted to learn Spanish! :lmao:

Still love "the Donald ride," but oh how I miss El Rio del Tiempo! It was just so gloriously cheesey and outdated and BIZARRE!

Very true. Our then five year old grandson's favorite attraction was Spaceship Earth. He and his mother rode it a grand total of six times in eight days. He rode it four times in one day alone. I'm sure he's the only one in kindergarten who knows the Phoenicians invented the alphabet.

My DS4 also LOVED SE when we took him to WDW for the first time in October! Who would have thought??

Still love "the Donald ride," but oh how I miss El Rio del Tiempo! It was just so gloriously cheesey and outdated and BIZARRE!

I looked up a video of the original ride a while back and thought it was pretty cool. I especially like the theme song (With the lyrics that my little brother could never get right) for it.

I'm not a huge fan of Donald, but we still do it once every trip. It is a nice break.

I think I love this ride half for Donald and half for how awesome Mexico is inside (like mentioned before ... it's just beautiful in there with the night time atmosphere).

We rode this for the first time in a long time on our last trip and it was awesome! I'd go on it before IASW or Maelstrom. I remember a water ride that was pretty boring before but for a walk-on that isn't really advertised outside of the pavilion I'll take it.

Our DD4 loves the train at DTD. The kicker is that you have to pay for it! After ride extravaganza in all the parks, when we get home she talks about that silly train the most. Kids...:confused3

I enjoy that ride. I liked it as El rio tiempo and I like it now.

Partially because I have fond memories of the Three Caballeros

my 10 year old rides it over and over and over and waves to us as he passes by us in the restaurant. it's the only thing he gets to ride by himself.:thumbsup2

My DS6 loves it too. He doesn't like fireworks, so we ride it over and over during Illuminations, and he gets to see fireworks in the ride without the noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter