And so it begins.....EBOLA is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears questions and observations are deemed by some as thoughtful, educated, well reasoned, and calm if they reflect one view and one view only.

All other POVs must be negated. It comes across as a fearful approach.

People that have concerns, myself included have stated, "I hope I am wrong."

To those so adamant that everything is being handled correctly, have you considered you may be wrong? If this approach is wrong there is no going back.

It appears questions and observations are deemed by some as thoughtful, educated, well reasoned, and calm if they reflect one view and one view only.

To those so adamant that everything is being handled correctly, have you considered you may be wrong? If this approach is wrong there is no going back.

I wish the Dis had a like button. :) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Absolutely. And I know I have said that numerous times myself. But you are right. There are a few people on here that think their opinion is the correct one and don't you dare to disagree. One person so adamant that she stoops to lying about what somebody else posts just to make a pointed accusation.

However, when people post glaringly wrong scientific info or opinion as fact, well.....

|
|
|
|
V

I'm glad the sheriff's deputy appears NOT to have EBOLA. I will just say this. It is my observation that there are some posters who appear to WANT others to come down with the disease, specifically someone more remote like this deputy, in order that their "concerns" (note I did not say "fears") will be proven correct.

The fact is that, of this writing, NOT ONE PERSON who had close contact with patient zero has become ill. We are now at day 16, and counting. Since patient zero himself became ill within a week of exposure to the pregnant woman in Liberia, I (perhaps naively) assume that if this disease were as easy to catch as some believe at least ONE of the 48 people being watched would be ill by now. None are, including the woman whose apartment he shared while here.

I'm glad the sheriff's deputy appears NOT to have EBOLA. I will just say this. It is my observation that there are some posters who appear to WANT others to come down with the disease, specifically someone more remote like this deputy, in order that their "concerns" (note I did not say "fears") will be proven correct.

The fact is that, of this writing, NOT ONE PERSON who had close contact with patient zero has become ill. We are now at day 16, and counting. Since patient zero himself became ill within a week of exposure to the pregnant woman in Liberia, I (perhaps naively) assume that if this disease were as easy to catch as some believe at least ONE of the 48 people being watched would be ill by now. None are, including the woman whose apartment he shared while here.

Didn't the people in the apartment wash themselves with clorox? If they don't catch it maybe that is why. Who knows.

:worship: Well said, great observation!

and in my added opinion, get very angry when it is pointed out that those people, like the deputy, do NOT have Ebola, nor was it really ever suspected. That he was tested due to extreme caution, the very thing many posters are saying is not being done.

But as I pointed out in my previous post, it is the Media to blame, especially on the deputy. They took the story and printed "half truths" ie; Second person showing symptoms of having Ebola just to make sensational headlines. They forgot to add that he didn't have a fever, that the docs did not suspect Ebola and that two colleagues also had the same symptoms, virtually guarantying it was an office bug.

Absolutely. And I know I have said that numerous times myself. But you are right. There are a few people on here that think their opinion is the correct one and don't you dare to disagree. One person so adamant that she stoops to lying about what somebody else posts just to make a pointed accusation.

However, when people post glaringly wrong scientific info or opinion as fact, well.....

|
|
|
|
V

I have been here a long time and haven't seen anything quite like these posts.

The current death toll in West Africa is another reason I am not deeply concerned about Ebola. The epidemic has been going on for months. The last death toll I heard was in the mid 3,000. So given the current death rate of between 50-60%, that's around 6-8,000 infected. In three third world countries. Given the population, that transmission rate is fairly low.

Didn't the people in the apartment wash themselves with clorox? If they don't catch it maybe that is why. Who knows.

Not sure if they did only the woman who called the ambulance did and she told her children not to touch her until she bad done so. She is a nurses aid so I imagine knew a little about how to wash off an infectious disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter