And I only gained 2 lbs! 4 days of DDP 1/6-1/10

ITA with your review of Coral Reef. We were very disappointed in the seafood selections on the menu. The only thing I enjoyed was dessert also. I had the chocolate wave.

I had that horrible catfish also last October! It was disgusting! Too salty... grits had no taste and fish practically inedible. I should have sent it back, but it got so many good reviews when I booked. I picked this entree because I love fish and I thought NONE of the flavors melded at all.

I was really looking forward to our dinner in France, dispite the iffy reviews I'd read about it. The restaurant was packed at 6:30, and we had to wait about 15 minutes just to get to the check in because a group of men were getting very angry that they could not just walk-in for dinner. We had ADRs and were seated as soon as we got to the podium. The restaurant was very nicely decorated, and we were seated at a window table, which made our seats much quiter than if we were seated in the middle of the busy restaurant. Our server was a bit arrogant when we asked questions about the menu, I guess he lived up the sterotype of french people! But he still answered our questions and served our food in a very timely manner. One huge complaint about the place: Handsome was stung by a yellow jacket on his neck while we were eatting inside, right in the middle of dessert. Crazy and a bit of an interruption for our dining experience.

Appetizer:
I started with Les tartes des Chefs a la flamme, Alsacienne - Alsace specialty. cream fraiche, onion, & bacon. It was soooo good! It reminded us of a Chicken, bacon, & Ranch pizza, one of our favorite things to eat. Handsome had to order the Cassolette d'escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille - Casserole of Burgundian escargots baked in parsley and garlic butter. This was my first time ever trying escargot. Wow are snails ever good, at least how they were prepared here! The texture was similar to mussels, and the parsley and garlic butter was basically a pesto. We both loved this dish; Handsome only let me eat one because he was so happy with his selection.

Entree:
I quickly decided on the Jarret d'agneau aux haricots blanc - Braised lamb shank with navy beans. It was wonderful! Very filling and homey. I ate almost every bite. My only complaint is maybe it could have used a little more salt. Handsome had the Canard au miel, haricots vert et pommes de terre douce - Roasted breast of duck and leg confit, French green beans and sweet potato, spiced honey sauce. Mine blew his out of the water. It was extremely bland. The duck really lacked salt, and I don't even remember the honey sauce. The dish wasn't bad, the duck was cooked perfectly, but it was just very plain. Not much flavor at all. He did even begin to clean his plate. It could have been much better.

Dessert:
I went with the Fraisier, sorbet et coulis aux fruits rouges - Strawberry cake with red berry sauce and sorbet. This was probably the best strawberry shortcake I've ever had. And the sorbet was a perfect light way to finish the meal. It was also a very pretty plate. Handsome got the Crepe a la pomme et cannelle, glace vanille, caramel jus de pommes - Crepe filled with cinnamon, apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce. It was alright, again, this could have been better. He ate some of it but wished he had ordered something else.

Atmosphere: 8
Service: 7
Food Quality: 8
Overall: 7

Chefs de France did not dissappoint me, but it did Handsome. With the yellow jacket sting and the poorly seasoned duck, I do not think I could convince him to go back, but I will sure try. I would reccommend this restaurant, ask for a window seat, but don't order the duck. Coming up next, Yak & Keti!

The decision to eat here was made totally on a whim. We had planned to have lunch at Rainforest Cafe on our day at the AK even though it wasn't on the DDP but we loved the one in Chicago so we were just going to pay OOP. Since we had credits left, we decided to go with somewhere on the DDP, and went with Yak & Yeti since it was the newest addition to Disney. The restaurant was huge, so it was fine that we didn't have ADRs. Our server here was very nice, but she never seemed to be around. Maybe because the place is so big.

Appetizer:
I ordered the Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf, soy lime dipping sauce. I had no idea what any of it was, and still don't really know! Very different than American food, and worth trying. The sauce that came with it was very good. Handsome had the fried green beans. They were good, nothing too special, but the thai chili sauce they were served with was awesome!

Entree:
For my entree I had the honey chicken and brown rice. It was good, but again nothing special. The chicken was cut into smaller pieces, which I loved because most Asian places leave them in huge chunks way too big for one bite. The chicken was especially good dipped in the chili sauce. Handsome got the Chicken Lo Mein. It was fine, but very much like food court Chinese. He barely ate any of it.

Dessert:
I got the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle. They were very good. Rich, and a huge portion! Handsome ordered the Sorbet Trio- Mango, lemon, raspberry. This was a perfect lighter dessert for a hot day! The lemon was both of our favorite, but all 3 were really good.

Atmosphere: 7
Service: 7
Food Quality: 6
Overall: 6

Yak & Yeti wasn't bad, but it was nothing much more than your basic Chinese food. I don't see us returning here. We'd much rather pay OOP for Rainforest Cafe! Next up, California Grill!

We had a few questions about what things were on the menu, but our server, Leslie, was very helpful in explaining and suggesting wines.

Leslie was the BEST server we had at ALL of our Disney dining experiences (and we stuck mostly to all signature restaurants). As a veteran server/bartender, I am rather scrutinizing of restaurant service, but he was amazing! I'm not sure if you can request servers at WDW restaurants, but if you can get him, consider yourself very lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter