• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Anniversary Trip Deluxe Dining Report... Updated 7/11

smile4stamps

DIS Veteran
THIS REVIEW IS FROM 2009!! I feel bad never finishing as I am hoping to do a new one in fall of 2012 so am just going to post mainly the pics to wrap this up.

---------

Well here I am... Finally starting my Dining Review...

I had promised to start one shortly after returning but I was spending a lot of time on adding borders and editing my photopass pictures that this is the first chance I am getting to do my Reviews.

This trip was a celebration of My Hubby's and I's 5 year anniversary.

A little about us...

Me... I am an RN, I went back to school after we were married and obtained a second bachelors. My first was in business and was having trouble getting a good job. This was my 5th trip to WDW but first time doing disney dining as the first 4 trips were with my parents and we mostly had sandwiches... ate in the camper or off-site

My hubby is a jack of all trades. He has a bachelors in computer science and was working as a network engineer for awhile and then was caught up in the dot com bust several years ago. He then went to work in admin and didn't like the job and decided to go to school again. This time he was following his other dream and went to school to become a pastry chef. currently however he is working on remodeling our house and helping to take care of his mom. I :love: him. He's a wonderful guy! This is his 1st trip to WDW.

We both love food (and it shows). Obviously he loves desserts since he is a pastry chef so when it came to choosing what to do for meals I felt that the DxDP was the most logical choice as I really didn't feel like CS meals if we didn't have to do them.

Days 1-7 are on the Deluxe Dining Plan and Days 8-10 are Out of Pocket but still with a few Signature Restaurants.

The Restaurants

Arrival Day
Domino's Pizza Delivery

Day 1
Crystal Palace (Post #4)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Post #9)
Hoop De Doo Musical Review (Post #16)

Day 2
San Angel Inn (Post #25)
Chefs de France (Post #31)

Day 3

Prime Time Cafe (Post #36)
Mama Melrose(Post #45)

Day 4
Kona Cafe (Post #53)
Artist Point (Post #58)

Day 5

Biergarten (Post #65)
Citrico's (Post #83)
Citrico's Dessert! (Post #90)

Day 6
Tusker House (Post #102)
Jiko (Post #112)

Day 7
Raglan Road (Post #125)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Post #134)

Day 8
California Cafe

Day 9
Backlot Studio Cafe
Citrico's (again!)

Day 10

Raglan Road (again!)
Airport food?!?

I will TRY to link to the posts that these end up on as I go along...

Please leave comments/questions... I love visitors!!!

I am going to try and add price breakdowns but that may come later as I need to locate the receipts.

Most items will have pictures but at times I forgot to take pics all together and sometimes you will see some partially eaten items... (sorry)

1st up Domino's (quickly) then Crystal Palace

Yeah yeah I'm sure ya'll are not really interested in hearing about Domino's but I am using this as a way to keep my own memories in tact as well as hopefully helping others to make dining decisions so here it is...

We arrived at our resort pretty late (11pm) and the CM told us that the food court had just closed and that there was resort pizza delivery until 11:30pm and otherwise there was Domino's (which she wrote down the phone # for us from memory).

By the time we got to our room it was 11:30pm. I picked up the phone for the resort pizza delivery but they were already closed. So I called Domino's and we ordered a simple Combo Pizza and a soda.

No Pictures but the pizza was hot and was actually pretty decent for Domino's. I originally wasn't going to eat any but ended up having a few pieces. I would definitely order again in a pinch for food.

Okay... next up... Disney Dining begins at the Crystal Palace...

As a sidenote I am going to "try" and keep my trip and dining reports separate.. The trip report will start when I have completed the Dining Report.. However, there is bound to be some crossover cause I just can't not do it :lmao:

So on to the Crystal Palace Review.

ry%3D400

As this was the first day we were in the "world" I forgot to take pictures of the food. However, it was the standard breakfast fare and nothing really stands out in my mind. The reason I selected this restaurant? I wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom early of course! We had an 8:10am reservation. We were like the 5th family let into the park!!! Also...I LOVE Winnie the Pooh...however, even though I can't convince my hubby of this. I DID NOT select the restaurant because of Winnie being there.

When we checked in for our reservation the CM asked us where our anniversary buttons were since it said it was our Anniversary on the ADR. We hadn't gotten them when we checked into our resort (I was to tired to remember to ask for them). So She gave them to us!

And when we got to our table there was Mickey Confetti's in the shape of a heart!
ry%3D400

So again the food was good (not excellent and not bad). Loved the atmosphere! And Winnie! (blurry pic :( )
ry%3D400

We would go back again but ONLY to get into the park early again and not necessarily for the food.

Up Next... Liberty Tree Tavern

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews. We're going to be on DxDP also and have chosen most of the same places, so really looking forward to your reviews. You're off to a great start!

Fantastic ADRs. Looking forward to the rest, you can't beat that early morning walk up Main Street USA without the crowds can you?

Okay... I don't want you to think I am going to be able to do all the reviews all at once but I do want to show that I did take some pictures of food. :rotfl2:

This will be my last review for today...

Liberty Tree Tavern was actually I thought pretty darn good.

My hubby has a seafood/crustacean allergy so at some of the restuarants they sent the chef out to talk to him so he didn't order anything that might have hidden seafood in it. Liberty Tree Tavern was one such retaurant where this happened.

We had looked at the menu for a few minutes and had already decided to order the fried cheese for the appetizer. (This was really the only non-seafood option). The chef came by the table and gave us the news that this is fried in the same oil as the crab cakes :sad1: However she then said they would change out the oil so we could order them! :cool1:

While we were waiting (we again got Mickey Confetti) my hubby spelled something out on the table with it...
ry%3D400

It looked right when I looked at it but not in the picture so here it is with my hubby!
ry%3D400

I :love: u too honey!

So we got our fried cheese! (I thought it was supposed to be 2 kinds but we only got one but still good!)
ry%3D400

I then ordered the Pot Roast
ry%3D400

My hubby ordered the Turkey Dinner
ry%3D400

Both were VERY good. My meat was super tender. Good seasonings.. Very Flavorful. I would definitely get it again.

The Turkey Dinner was also tender and flavorful. Both were TONS of Food!
We didn't finish either but not because it wasn't good but beause we were already full and still had desert to go.

For Dessert hubby got the Berry Shortcake... he loves Shortcake!
ry%3D400

Ready to Dig IN!
ry%3D400

I got the Ooey Gooey Toffee Desert
ry%3D400

Oh my goodness this was SO GOOD! I love Caramel and Toffee!! This was SO GOOD. I wanted to eat it all but couldn't! No Room left!

I Would DEFINITELY go back to Liberty Tree Tavern. They were accommodating to my hubby and his allergy and the food was down home good!

This looks like it's going to be a good review! popcorn::
Thanks for being my first visitor... I hope the review doesn't disappoint...

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews. We're going to be on DxDP also and have chosen most of the same places, so really looking forward to your reviews. You're off to a great start!
Let me know if you have questions on any place in particular before I get to it...

Fantastic ADRs. Looking forward to the rest, you can't beat that early morning walk up Main Street USA without the crowds can you?
The walk up was amazing... more about that will be in my trip report but yeah I loved being there early (even on not much sleep!)

I'm in! Many of our old favorites and quite a few that we are trying next trip!
Thanks for stopping by.... A number in our list have definitely become places I would go to again (when I can convince hubby to go back...)

Oh can't wait to see these! YOu have some great restaurants there!

Thanks for stopping! Yes a number of great restaurants with a few that you will see did not live up to my expectations...

Yum Yum Yum on those desserts!

Great start! I can't wait for the rest!

I loved my dessert. I tried my hubby's but didn't like it as much as mine! He enjoyed it though!

That is so darn cute! You are a lucky woman!

Yes I am!

Yummm--Liberty Tree Tavern looked sooo good. Can't wait to read more.

It was very good. Better than I expected to be honest...

Signing on.....popcorn::

Thanks for joining!

Up next is Hoop De Doo Musical Review!

Okay so the Hoop De Doo Musical Review is kinda hard to put into the Dining Review without crossing over into what will eventually go into my trip report so this is actually going to be very brief. Especially since again I forgot to take pictures.... :confused3

By the time we got to Fort Wilderness for the HDDMR we were already pretty tired. (Traveled the whole day before, up early for CP ADR, all day in MK)

The food at HDDMR is always the same and both my hubby and I found it to be pretty tasty! We both loved the Fried Chicken and the Ribs were good. I really liked the Mash Potatoes (hubby not as much). The baked beans were good as well. Dessert was the Strawberry Shortcake and MMMmmm MMMMmmmm it was good! Better than the shortcake my hubby had from Liberty Tree Tavern!

We had a wonderful server named Dallas who kept our drinks full and provided plenty of food!

I'm so sorry I forgot the pics of the food... I do have pics of the show that will be in my Trip Report.

This is again something we would do again when we go to WDW again!

So sorry everyone.. No update yesterday or today... working too much :surfweb: San Angel Inn review coming up tomorrow!

Great reports so far! IM excited to see more! were going in sept and on the ddxdp too! we have a lot of the same places that you eat so im excited to see how they were!

Hoop de doo and liberty are my favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter