• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Idol's New Season!!

I haven't seen the judges be anywhere close to harsh with anyone this season - not even when they should have been.

I agree 100 % !!! I found myself saying at least once a week , "Where's Simon when you need him" ???
Sometimes I felt like the judges just weren't being honest with the idols...

Sometimes I felt like the judges just weren't being honest with the idols...

Or with Americans :). A gentler approach is okay (although I missed Simon, too!), but it's possible to be gentler than Simon was and still be honest at the same time. I would LOVE to know what Simon was thinking if he watched any of this season.

I haven't seen the judges be anywhere close to harsh with anyone this season - not even when they should have been.

I've gotta tell you that I wasn't crazy about Haley's singing over the season, but what pushed me to actually vote for her was Randy telling the other people it was a "three way tie" to them for who did best that night.

It totally looked like they were pandering to the audience to vote Haley out. I didn't think her performances were that bad the week that Randy and Jennifer were telling her they were bad. Plenty of times, I thought Scotty and Lauren were phoning in theirs.

So I was perverse enough to vote for Haley just because I thought the show wanted her gone.

Scotty & Lauren will sing for the title tonight :rockband:

Not sure who I'll be voting for yet. They're both country and both nice kids. This year is a tough call :confused3

Who do you all like ???

I just heard a rumor that Lauren has laryngitis and Hailey might be taking her place tonight. I'm miffed if this is going to be the case. They should bring back James.

watching now... Both are nice but not developed.
I miss Hailey (sp?) It was nice to have a unique voice and style. She reminded me of Adele.

I liked them both - even with her strained vocal cords though, Lauren had seemed to have the edge except on the first song. I didn't vote because I can't choose, like them both.

I liked Haley in some things, but she wouldn't listen to criticism. She just seemed a little arrogant to me. But it was the criticism of her original singing style that pulled her up out of the bottom three every week, she was encouraged to do her growly thing and it worked. Then when they criticised she said they were wrong and she was doing her own thing.

Most of the top 8-10 usually find their way out into music - like someone said, the runner-ups sometimes do better than the winners! I hope James does well, I don't care for hard rock, but some of his stuff was really good, and he's got a great voice. I think it was a good showcase for his talents.

They are about to announce the winner...all I can say is the big winner this year is the viewing audience. What a season! I think this finale show has been fantastic...talk about jammed packed with stars!!! And JLo with Mark Anthony and Steven!!! Woohoo!!! loving it!

Scotty McCreery!!!! He ended up being my favourite, really grew on me. I was not sure that he could surpass Lauren...she is such a cutie and a sweet, sweet girl. I predict that they will release a duet...they are so good together!

I was thinking they were seeming awfully close - when he confirmed they were a couple!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter