American Idol 2024

I don't know any other way to say it-Tongi has gotten even bigger.

I worry for his long term health.
I said the exact same thing to my friend last night when we were watching it. I hoped he'd have slimmed down a little since last year, but it looks like he's gained even more. :(

Vanna White is co-hosting tonight.

Should be a fun show.

Jelly Roll is hot right now-he racked up at the CMT Music Awards.

I loved Jelly Roll as their mentor last night. I voted for Triston, can’t believe he is only 15! And for Mia, her song brought me to tears. Our local roller skating rink had Tuesday afternoons for adults and I used to skate with my Dad when they played “Daddy’s Hands” almost every week. Dad was a wonderful skater. I love having that memory of him. He passed away in 2008. I also voted for Ramon, and Ajii. The night before I voted for Will and Kaeko, and threw a few votes for a couple others but can’t remember their names. I think there are several really good singers this year.

I loved Jelly Roll as their mentor last night. I voted for Triston, can’t believe he is only 15! And for Mia, her song brought me to tears. Our local roller skating rink had Tuesday afternoons for adults and I used to skate with my Dad when they played “Daddy’s Hands” almost every week. Dad was a wonderful skater. I love having that memory of him. He passed away in 2008. I also voted for Ramon, and Ajii. The night before I voted for Will and Kaeko, and threw a few votes for a couple others but can’t remember their names. I think there are several really good singers this year.
I voted for all of your choices plus a few others. I added Emily and Jack. The first night besides your choices I added Blake.

I think in general the singing talent on the The Voice is better than American Idol this year. Obviously, the ad for American Idol always claims this year's talent is the 'best ever'.

I don't know any other way to say it-Tongi has gotten even bigger.

I worry for his long term health.

I said the exact same thing to my friend last night when we were watching it. I hoped he'd have slimmed down a little since last year, but it looks like he's gained even more. :(

Yeah, his story may turn out to be like Ruben Studdard with health issues. :(

I haven't watched everyone yet, but wasn't Emmy Russell told to show more range? She may have sang two more notes higher, but I didn't think she did much different than last week. Yes, she wore earrings and looked more glamorous, so yes, they Hollywood-ized her. But she doesn't seem to have the range of some of these others. She's no Carrie Underwood, when it comes to country.

I like Jack’s voice, but can’t watch him because of his mouth contortions.

I agree. The first time I saw him during the auditions, I thought he had some sort of medical condition. The judges encouraged him to work on singing without the excessive facial contortions. He made a comment during Hollywood week that he wasn't going to change and wanted to do it his way. Typically that never goes well when contestants ignore the advice of judges who have been successful in the music industry for so many years.

Some of the contestants who only want to sing songs they wrote also tend to have trouble showing their range and every song sounds the same. In the short time they have to impress the viewers, always singing songs no one has ever heard makes it harder to connect with the audience.

Last edited:
Loretta Lynn's Granddaughter into Top 20.

I am thinking she will make a deep run-she does have some talent plus she is the Granddaughter of one of the biggest Stars in Country Music history!!!!

Not sure how many will vote for her just because of who her grandmother is. That may have gotten her some publicity initially but after that depends more on her singing skills and how much those watching vote for her. Did notice Jack managed to sing without those exaggerated facial contortions. Never sure what he thought that accomplished.

Last edited:
I like Jack’s voice, but can’t watch him because of his mouth contortions.
YESSSS!!!

And I'm not thrilled about the Australian guy on American Idol. Did he "move" here once he made the show? He was a finalist on the Australian "Voice". That's also been my pet peeve with America's got Talent... just change the name from "America" to "World" if you are letting the world compete.

I agree. With any of these TV reality shows, they should have clear criteria and not make special exceptions to various individuals. Jumping from one show to the next to be a contestant doesn't seem fair to everyone else who is applying and it isn't like there is a shortage of new talent who wants to tryout.

Not sure how many will vote for her just because of who her grandmother is. That may have gotten her some publicity initially but after that depends more on her singing skills and how much those watching vote for her. Did notice Jack managed to sing without those exaggerated facial contortions. Never sure what he thought that accomplished.
If she doesn't get the fan vote tonight,do you think the Judges will use a save on her?

I always love watching the shows with the Judge saves and trying to guess who they will save.

I agree. With any of these TV reality shows, they should have clear criteria and not make special exceptions to various individuals. Jumping from one show to the next to be a contestant doesn't seem fair to everyone else who is applying and it isn't like there is a shortage of new talent who wants to tryout.
I hear that the Judges are going to bring back Raghu and use one of their saves on her tonight!lol

No idea what the judges may choose to do. Their having a 'save' is a known part of the show and I have no issue with that. What some of us were previously discussing were the vague rules about who is allowed to be a contestant and how some who didn't meet the eligibility criteria were still able to be contestants. I had previously found and posted what the criteria seems to be (but wasn't from an official source). You can't see it on the official website since applications for next season aren't yet being taken. I will check back on their site later this year to see what the 'official' criteria is.

I guess I suck at voting since the ones I thought were the best and have been voting for are sitting in the danger zone.

My thoughts on Loretta Lynn's grand daughter is that she has already been on the Opry stage and if the powers that be in Nashville thought she would be popular they would have already signed her, especially knowing who her grandma was.

The 2024 Class of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame will be announced on Sunday's show.

Nice honor for AI.

Some very sad news.

Mandisa from Season 5 who went on to win a Grammy has passed away at the young age of 47.

I am sure Idol will acknowledge her passing in some way Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter