American Express Platinum Cash Rebate Card

nicknamy1996

Disney Junkie...
I am getting ready to apply for a "American Express Platinum Cash Rebate Card" from a link on netflip.com to pay for our trip next year. (for the White Glove thing, plus netflip will pay me $16 to get it.)

All it says is up to 2% cash back, nowhere in the terms offer or agreement does it explain the "up to 2%". Does anybody have this card? I'm assuming it is 1% on purchases with some vendors being 2%. It has no annual fee, and I'm just using it for my room at WDW(and whatever discounts I may get at WDW with the card) so I really have nothing to lose, but if the cash back is just on certian purchases or less than 1% I will be better off with my current card and cash back program.

Thanks

I looked at the American Express site for info: http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=34/22/b/3/0/134130631649/22/n&from=7 Here's the fine print about the rebate:
The rebate is an annual rebate equal to the following percentages of your annual level of purchases: 0.25% for the first $2,000; 0.5% for amounts from $2001 up to $5000; and 1.5% for purchases in excess of $5,000. An additional 0.5% rebate will be added for any billing period in which your account carries a balance. The rebate will be credited to your statement annually, in the month of February. The rebate applies to purchases but not to cash advances, returned purchases, balance transfers, or the purchase of American Express Travelers Cheques. To receive the rebate, your account must be open and not in default.

It's really up to 1.5% back if you don't carry a balance.

Thank you, I could not find that info for anything! I kept ending up back to the same pages. I knew it had to be there somewhere.

Thanks Again.

mm42,

what are the details on the double cash back this month? I have this card, but have not read anything about this promotion.

Thanks.

I don't much in the way of details - I got a postcard that said double cash back for the next billing month. I didn't save the card.

Yup I got the same card in the mail, it simply said for the whole month of May you will receive double your cash back bonus award on all purchases. Looks like this will be a good month to charge those hopper passes! ~:p~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter