Amazon Prime or Garden grocer for grocery?

Ravenclaw2015

Earning My Ears
First time ordering for supplies. Will Amazon deliver on weekends at the resorts?

Garden grocer lets you choose a delivery time so does that mean you meet the delivery at the reception to get your goods?

Thank you.

First time ordering for supplies. Will Amazon deliver on weekends at the resorts?

Garden grocer lets you choose a delivery time so does that mean you meet the delivery at the reception to get your goods?

Thank you.
You do not need to meet the delivery person from Garden Grocer. Bell Services will hold your delivery in a fridge if necessary until you check in or are available to pick it up.
I've had Amazon Prime deliveries but have not used Prime Pantry so I can't answer your question there.

You do not need to meet the delivery person from Garden Grocer. Bell Services will hold your delivery in a fridge if necessary until you check in or are available to pick it up.
I've had Amazon Prime deliveries but have not used Prime Pantry so I can't answer your question there.

Thank you.

Prime pantry all the way much cheaper I just used it at the pop 5 or 6 days before your trip place your order I went straight to the park so when I checked in told them it was there they found the box and delivered it to my room when I got back that night it was there with my suitcase I bought a half gallon of milk at the pop food court .

We have always used We Go Shop because you aren't limited to what's on the website; you give them a shopping list, and they go to the store you request and buy the products you request. They even call if they can't get something to ask about substitutions.

Prime pantry all the way much cheaper I just used it at the pop 5 or 6 days before your trip place your order I went straight to the park so when I checked in told them it was there they found the box and delivered it to my room when I got back that night it was there with my suitcase I bought a half gallon of milk at the pop food court .
But it's only cheaper if you're ordering food that fits within one box, right? I priced it out and the amount of water I was ordering required at least two boxes, so at 5.99/box the savings was not as great.

Prime Pantry order takes several days. Just started to order for Monday arrival date; PP delivery would be Wednesday. At that point, whats the point. Anyone know the delivery cost for the Garden Grocery place?

We have used Garden Grocer several times. Perfect every time! Delivery on time to the resort. Resort will refrigerate needed items. We just call when we get to our room and bell services will deliver (including alcohol). No problems. When we first started, bell services would let us pick up; but now they "insist" on delivery; perhaps because of the alcohol to make sure we are of age ... have never waited very long. Garden Grocer confirms the order and the delivery. Highly recommend!

But it's only cheaper if you're ordering food that fits within one box, right? I priced it out and the amount of water I was ordering required at least two boxes, so at 5.99/box the savings was not as great.
Yes, this is what I thought when I looked into it, because anything heavy like water or soda, filled the box quickly. They also didn't seem to have a great selection of some items, and no refrigerated of course.

Prime Pantry order takes several days. Just started to order for Monday arrival date; PP delivery would be Wednesday. At that point, whats the point. Anyone know the delivery cost for the Garden Grocery place?

I believe it is $12 or $14, and is a $40 minimum. We have been very happy with them. As PP mentioned, you pick a time, but don't have to be there, and bell services will hold(including cold storage), and deliver when your room is ready. We always pack some snacks in an extra suitcase with some paper products(love bags fly free on SW!) that will stay well like granola bars and fruit snacks. We will order milk, variety pack cereal, goldfish, apple slices, carrot sticks,case of water, etc. If you don't see an item you want or brand, there is an area to put in requests. They are good about calling to confirm order, text you when it is delivered, and will call after to make sure it was complete.

We have used Garden Grocer several times. Perfect every time! Delivery on time to the resort. Resort will refrigerate needed items. We just call when we get to our room and bell services will deliver (including alcohol). No problems. When we first started, bell services would let us pick up; but now they "insist" on delivery; perhaps because of the alcohol to make sure we are of age ... have never waited very long. Garden Grocer confirms the order and the delivery. Highly recommend!

I've also had excellent experiences with GG. I guess I'd prefer it to Amazon Prime because you can order refrigerated items with GG, as well as things like wine and perishibles items like fruit. I'm not familiar with Prime Pantry, but it seems like you'd be somewhat limited with the items available. I liked that, with GG, you could even choose between bananas that were fully ripe or on the greener side!

It also depends on the resort you are staying at. If you are at a Convention Resort, the Prime delivery is delivered to the Convention Center receiving area and you are charged another fee there. They have limited - if any - weekend hours.
We strongly prefer Garden Grocer over wegoshop (I have used both).
Good Luck

So is the delivery thing with the convention centers also with Garden Grocer? Really we are thinking about it for bottled water, but if we have to get to the $40 minimum I would add some fresh fruit and milk and bread and it would be worth it, instead of trying to distribute it throughout our luggage, and still stay under weight limits, like we usually do!!

Amazon has a grocery delivery service now (not prime). They deliver to disney hotels. I think delivery is free.

We used Garden Grocer last year and were very pleased with them. Good quality on fresh fruit and veggies. They sent a text message when items had been delivered. Plan on using them again this fall for our next trip. The other grocery delivery programs may also do this- but on Garden Grocer - you are able to view the ingredients to particular items you are thinking of getting. With a grandson with food allergies- this was a big help in order placement.

If bottled water is what you want truly only, the gift shops at the resorts sell a case for like 5-7 bucks. Since you are adding on a fee to use the grocer service, if that is all you end up looking for, it may be an idea and not matter if the cases are a couple bucks more than the grocery.

I used Garden Grocer on my last trip. Worked great. Don't forget the paper plates (and bowls).

We did Amazon Pantry the other week. We went to another theme park location first and then headed to Disney. We had no issues with it. We got our cold items at the resort and saved a ton of money using Amazon Pantry. It was delivered about 10 days before we arrived

I included our check in date with my shipping information.

How far ahead do you have to order from garden grocer? Took a quick look and am guessing you're paying nearly double for the items (vs reg. grocery store) n addition to the delivery fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter