Amazon Prime/Grocery and resort fees??

dmdj232

Mouseketeer
Hey guys, I have been reading conflicting info about Disney's new $5 per bag/box resort delivery fee? We will be doing a split stay at BCV and AKL Jambo in August and trying decide what the best option is for necessities such as diapers, wipes, snacks, water, etc... Has anyone recently used any of the delivery services such as Amazon Prime (and Amazon Prime Now) or any of the other grocery delivery services at either the BCV or AKL and was there an additional fee? Thanks!!

Water - you can get a case of 24 bottles of Dasani for $6 at the resort so you might want to not get it through Prime.

I think I read somewhere that it was a test at the value resorts and hasn't been rolled out resort-wide. However, BCV should incur a charge, regardless, because that is a convention resort. That charge, I think, is $10 per package but even that is a hit or miss (some people are charged, some are not)

Water - you can get a case of 24 bottles of Dasani for $6 at the resort so you might want to not get it through Prime.

I think I read somewhere that it was a test at the value resorts and hasn't been rolled out resort-wide. However, BCV should incur a charge, regardless, because that is a convention resort. That charge, I think, is $10 per package but even that is a hit or miss (some people are charged, some are not)
Gotchya! Thanks!!

Look into a one day car rental as an option. If you are staying at BCV, you can rent/return at the Dolphin resort with Alamo. I can usually get a car for around $40 a day through Costco travel. If I pick it up at the airport and drop it off at the Dolphin, I can avoid the wait for Magical express to leave the airport and I get to pick out exactly what I want at the store and the cost of the items is much less.

Have you ever tried Dizzy Dolphin Delivery? We used them in December and highly recommend them. You pay for the convenience for sure - but they are really good AND - you don't have to pay for that delivery charge with them. When we used them in December the WL bell services couldn't find our groceries and insisted they didn't have a delivery. I called Dizzy Dolphin (5pm on a sunday) and talked to the lady who delivered them. She told me exactly where they were right down to shelf numbers so I could call bell services back and let them know. She then told me if they still said they couldn't find anything to let her know and she would call. They were found with the additional information and everything was fine.

We usually get a car for the day, last month we used Publix Grocery Delivery, "instacart". We love Publix fried chicken, the delivery fee was waved, the service, website and notifications were excellent. The driver even brought the delivery to our room even though they weren't allowed to and didn't know better. He found a bell services luggage cart at took advantage of it. :-)

:earsboy: Bill

We usually get a car for the day, last month we used Publix Grocery Delivery, "instacart". We love Publix fried chicken, the delivery fee was waved, the service, website and notifications were excellent. The driver even brought the delivery to our room even though they weren't allowed to and didn't know better. He found a bell services luggage cart at took advantage of it. :-)

:earsboy: Bill

Publix does their own grocery delivery service??? I LOVE their fried chicken!!

I brought brita water bottles for my family, with water bottler carriers. Made the trip so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!