Amazon Instead of park souvenirs

tracylynnhare

Earning my ears, again! Lol, Haven't been on here
I have seen that a lot of people buy items off of Disney and then hand them out to their kids. I’m definitely considering this but was wondering how I know a good deal 🤪

For example - a Disney autograph book on Amazon is $12. I think I saw someone say they are $8 in the park?? Does anyone know about it and other things that might be better to buy there…

Attachments

• IMG_8864.png
    IMG_8864.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 10
When we were down in February, the cheapest autograph book that I remember seeing was $12.99.
The book you're looking at on Amazon was at the Character Warehouse for $1.99 in February. :) But you can't count on autograph books at that price usually.

Purchasing some things in advance is not a bad idea. Even if it doesn't save much money, sometimes it can be worth it to not have to spend the time shopping for specific items that you know you want.

Thank you guys so much! We are flying and will have to keep the extras to a minimum, so I would like to pack what we will need/want to save myself stress when it is time to go home!! I will go ahead and buy most of the goodies ahead of time!

if your kids will want bubble wands - i bought ours on sale on Disney Store website. it was 40% off and free shipping. but that's not every day, so depends how much time in advance you have. Bubble wands in the parks are always full price.

OOoh, good idea. They love those. We aren't going until the end of August so I will keep an eye out!

I'm looking at the ages in your signature... the younger ones will usually be happy with something suddenly appearing (that you brought from home, ordered for delivery, etc.). But the older ones -- depending on their personalities and likes -- may very well want to go into the gift shop(s) and pick out their own souvenirs. We found that by age 7 or 8 DD was fascinated by the shops and needed to be responsible for her own shopping; we solved it by giving her an amount that she could spend -- either $X per day or $Y for the trip, and if she spent all $Y there would be no more. (This was back in the Disney Dollars days so $X per day was easy to hand out each morning; now you may need to go with $Y on a gift card.)

Oh, that is a great point! The older ones would definitely not "fall for" the "tinkerbell brought it" thing. Haha. Maybe I will give each child a Gift Card like you suggested.

Autograph books are close to $20. Bubble wands are $35. Spray fans are $24. Most light up toys are between $25-30. Plush are going to be $25-35 or more, depending on what you're looking for. Most ears are around $35. If you can find it cheaper on Disney Store online or an Amazon or somewhere else, that is what I would recommend. Or, as others have suggested, let them each have their own gift card and they can buy whatever they want but once it's gone, it's gone.

If the kids are small and just excited to get anything check out temu.

We used to bring a suitcase full of souvenirs when the kids were little. Usually 1 bigger item per day supplemented with a whole mess of dollar tree and items we bought on-line at deep discount. Used to find trader pins at $1 per pin. Havent seen that since the local disney outlet closed down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter