Amazon Gift Cards to something useful for Disney World trip

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards and went to look and order some Disney gift cards with them but Amazon doesn’t sell them?
Other than ordering Lyft or Uber gift cards for transportation around the parks anyone have any creative ideas on how to convert these Amazon gift cards to something useful for my upcoming trip?

Landry's gift cards work at Yak & Yeti and Rainforest Cafe, used some last week (although if you're a Costco member you can buy them from Costco for like 20% off which is what I did). Also work at T-Rex I believe but I've never been there.

You don't can't use any actual stuff Amazon sells? I cannot imagine the day I can't find something on Amazon I need!

Landry's gift cards work at Yak & Yeti and Rainforest Cafe, used some last week (although if you're a Costco member you can buy them from Costco for like 20% off which is what I did). Also work at T-Rex I believe but I've never been there.

You don't can't use any actual stuff Amazon sells? I cannot imagine the day I can't find something on Amazon I need!
Yes I know I have a package come from Amazon like every day. I have all my trip stuff, park bag, chargers, everything you would need was just looking for some creative ideas just in case. I am a Costco member as well and the Landrys cards are a good idea!

Can you even use Amazon gift cards to buy other gift cards? Most places don't allow it.

I don't recommend ordering and shipping anything like water, etc. Mine got lost at BC and was a pain to work out. However, same day Prime delivery worked great for me.

Pre-trip, refillable water bottles with filters, park bags, travel-size toiletries, and maybe souvenirs to give to the kids in the group while you're there.

On the trip, use Amazon grocery delivery to the resort for drinks, breakfasts, and snacks.

Can you even use Amazon gift cards to buy other gift cards? Most places don't allow it.

I don't recommend ordering and shipping anything like water, etc. Mine got lost at BC and was a pain to work out. However, same day Prime delivery worked great for me.
Yes. In fact I ordered all of the Christmas ones there last year.

since i'm a cheapskate at heart-if i saw something in the parks that i was tempted to buy i would check amazon when i got the chance to see if i could get it cheaper there (often found that to be the case w/ stuff my kids wanted), use the gift cards and figure it's one less item i have to make room in my luggage for.

What on earth is doctor of credit?
go on Amazon and query Store Gift card. They still have lots.
www.doctorofcredit.com is a website which gives you information about credit card sign up deals, savings account interest rates, free stuff...

My guess is that Amazon might still have store gift cards that you can pay for with a credit card but cannot pay for with an Amazon gift card. OP had been talking about using Amazon gift cards to pay for store gift cards.

www.doctorofcredit.com is a website which gives you information about credit card sign up deals, savings account interest rates, free stuff...

My guess is that Amazon might still have store gift cards that you can pay for with a credit card but cannot pay for with an Amazon gift card. OP had been talking about using Amazon gift cards to pay for store gift cards.
Gotcha, I misread it. I thought she was wondering if you could buy gift cards on Amazon. My credit card earns points and I used those for all sorts of things including gift cards. Some of the cards were even on sale during Black Friday sale.

Aren't there websites that let you cash in gift cards? You might have a (hopefully) small loss, but if this is what you really need the $$$ for it may be worth checking into....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter